Cinnamon Apple *Detox* Spa Water!

Options

Replies

• queenbeeq
    queenbeeq Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The texture stays the same as natural water! Unless you're planning on mashing your apples, it should stay this way :)

I drink about 3-4 cups of this a day.

You can keep refilling the jug 4-5 times, always halfway with ice, and then I'd suggest dumping the apple & cinnamon, washing the container and doing it all over again! :)
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I have seen that! I really want to try it just as a flavoured water. I'm getting bored of plain water at work. Lately I've been doing cucumber lemon water. Also found it on Pinterest, the lemon, cucumber, mint one. Tastes super good with the mint but I ran out of mint so I've just been using cucumber and lemon which is okay but not as good as with the mint.

I really am looking forward to cinnamon apple water.
  • queenbeeq
    queenbeeq Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • casherrill76
    casherrill76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I had to come back here to say "Thanks for posting this!" I've been drinking it for the better part of a week now. I'm finally off the plateau I've been stuck on for about three weeks (could be the water, could be coincidence but I'm not going to complain either way) and I love the change from plain water.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I know they also make special pitchers for people who like to infuse their water so you can keep your infusing ingredients in a separate from the water. I bet they would work great for this, especially for people (like myself) who might be worried about apple particulate.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I know they also make special pitchers for people who like to infuse their water so you can keep your infusing ingredients in a separate from the water. I bet they would work great for this, especially for people (like myself) who might be worried about apple particulate.

I used a nice firm type of apple. Right now it's Kiku but Cameo, Pink Lady, Honey Crisp, or Granny Smith are others I would consider using. I'd avoid Gala like the plague because they're so mushy to begin with, but then again I always avoid Gala like the plague because I hate their texture. Anyway, nice firm apples directly in the pitcher and then every time I poured a glass, I'd refill the pitcher with an equal amount of ice and water so that it never emptied out. I kept that pitcher going for about 5 days, then dumped it all and started with fresh. I never had any particulate in the water, but those pitchers could be handy if the thought of something in your water really icks you out.
  • coppercat25
    coppercat25 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump, i love apple and cinnamon!
  • CathLeenyLeen
    CathLeenyLeen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing and I absolutely can't wait to try. Thank you for sharing!
  • mommywithboys
    Options
    Sound good, in my kitchen right now getting the apples ready and will start to drink tomorrow
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    I think eating the apple is a better idea. Drinking the water plain may not please your taste buds as much, but promoting it as a "detox" is silly.
  • MercBenz22
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. This sounds awesome and perfect for fall with the flavors! I'm going to try this within the next week.
  • skyeliz525
    skyeliz525 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Can we rename this Welcome to Fall water? Love it!!!
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    While the "detox" part of it I don't think really matters (your liver and kidneys do all of the detoxing your body really needs), it is a FANTASTIC way to get people to drink MORE water, which is very necessary for promoting better bowels and easing water retention. It sounds delicious!
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    posting to save!
  • liveloveteach
    Options
    Following you on pinterest - runningbelle is my username. Thanks for the tip! I'm curious if this would work with powdered cinnamon or only the cinnamon sticks. I don't have any sticks on hand, so I'm considering trying the powder. hehehe.
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am sooo going to try this. Thanks for posting!
  • laren30
    laren30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking this water for about 2 months and I love it!! I actually use an infuser pitcher and love it as well. I have noticed I don't feel as bloated and have more energy. I usually drink at least 3 large glasses a day. I have also made cucumber mint water and some berry infused water, but the apple cinnamon is my favorite so far!!
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bump
  • megntranr
    megntranr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is perfect for fall!!!