Eat less, exercise more............

Options
13»

Replies

• katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow Jeanne,

This is great to read. Pretty soon, I am going to be able to post this too. kc
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Wow Jeanne,

This is great to read. Pretty soon, I am going to be able to post this too. kc

Your there KC! You are doing it. That is all it takes..........get up and do it. Go over your cals...........get back on and do it.........now!

11 pounds are GONE!!! GONE GONE!!:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I've used Isagenix as part of my weight loss program, but even that is not a miracle solution. I log on to MFP every day, weigh and measure everything I put in my mouth, choose the foods I eat carefully to make sure they are nutrition dense and cover the whole range of nutrients I need and exercise as much as I can. I eliminated caffeine, sugar, white flour, processed foods, and artificial sweeteners. When people ask how I did it, most say things like "I could never do that" or "My husband wouldn't like it if I didn't eat what he does and he likes _________________" fill in the blank with something unhealthy :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you, Jeannie, for starting this thread. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I've used Isagenix as part of my weight loss program, but even that is not a miracle solution. I log on to MFP every day, weigh and measure everything I put in my mouth, choose the foods I eat carefully to make sure they are nutrition dense and cover the whole range of nutrients I need and exercise as much as I can. I eliminated caffeine, sugar, white flour, processed foods, and artificial sweeteners. When people ask how I did it, most say things like "I could never do that" or "My husband wouldn't like it if I didn't eat what he does and he likes _________________" fill in the blank with something unhealthy :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you, Jeannie, for starting this thread. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Thanks Barb! You have done a wonderful job thus far. Thanks for the smile (DH yelled at me that he wanted MEAT about 2 months into the 'change'!!)
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options

Losing weight is simple but it's not easy.

Alot of people think simple and easy are the same. but there not.

Very well said, SpyGuy... :drinker:

I've always said that it's not easy, but it very basic. It's not rocket science. It's mind over matter, but I do believe that it gets *easier*- not easy, but less difficult, with time. For me anyhow, it's all a matter of breaking old habits and creating new ones. Maybe it's not easier every single day as time goes on, but like anything else, seeing results keeps us motivated and helps us stay on track. :flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this thread! I enjoyed reading everyone's comments.

Agreed, simple not easy!

After awhile the weight loss slows down and it is mentally harder.

As of two days ago my BMI is in the healthy range:love: but to get to my goal weight I know it will alomost another year as I am not only losing about 1 pound per month but I really don't care. All I know is that my weight can either go up or down and I choose for it to go down!

I love this site and with it I know that I will reach my goal and maintain it!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this thread! I enjoyed reading everyone's comments.

Agreed, simple not easy!

After awhile the weight loss slows down and it is mentally harder.

As of two days ago my BMI is in the healthy range:love: but to get to my goal weight I know it will alomost another year as I am not only losing about 1 pound per month but I really don't care. All I know is that my weight can either go up or down and I choose for it to go down!

I love this site and with it I know that I will reach my goal and maintain it!

:flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    When I started on MFP I was desperately looking for a way to reverse all the damage I had done. I was 340 lbs and was uncomfortable walking around the block. My mother passed away from congestive heart failure. She had diabetes and arthritis. My father passed away from pancreatic cancer and I found I carry the same genetic make up as him with the BRCA2 gene. This gives me a 50 - 80% chance of breast cancer in my life and a 25% chance of ovarian cancer. I had a hysterectomy that reduced my risk by 50%.

I was at a point in my life that I had given up on me. I have a husband that adores me and treats me like gold. I finally decided that he deserved better than a fat couch potato. Luckily he was at the same point with himself, a former marine who had let bad eating habits and even worse exercise habits pack on some pounds.

We began watching "You Are What You Eat", a fantastic show that shows how diet really affects you, not just the weight but your whole body. We bought Gillian McKeiths book by the same name and read it thoroughly.

We started making small changes in our eating habits and working out more. Day by day, week by week we grew healthier and felt better. I used to take Pepcid all the time because I had heartburn. I haven't taken it in 2009 at all. The only time I take Tylenol is whn my muscles have worked too hard and I need to ease them a bit.

Today, I have lost 76 lbs and my husband has lost 66lbs. We exercise daily. Our dogs love the fact that a walk for them is now about 40 minutes (for a quick walk) up to over an hour as opposed to the 15 minute waddle around the block. I can do an hour on the elliptical and I love the way I feel after exercising. We have joined a hiking group and we are doing a 3 hour hike tomorrow through some caves. Recently we were in Las Vegas and spent more time hiking in the desert than we did gambling.

Life is exciting! I finally know what it means to live life. I want to see it all, do it all and actively participate in whatever is going on. There are times when I think what the heck have I got myself into ((climbing up a steep hill on a long hike) but I do it and I succeed.

I had given up and now I succeed!!! If I can do it....anybody can!!!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Vicky, your story is amazing! Congratulations!!! Keep us all posted!

DD:flowerforyou:
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading this post today. Thanks so much! :flowerforyou:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for EVERYONES post.....i truely NEED that for today....Up and on my way to a better and healthier Me...I am going for a walk on my treadmill...small steps

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Thanks AGAIN:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!