He/She USED to be hot

Options

Replies

• Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Celebrities are people who have put themselves out there to be judged by the world, and I'm sure none of them under any delusions that they look fantastic still...

EXACTLY.

to be judged by the world are you kidding me! LMAO

Yes, I'm an actress. I should know. You do get judge by directors, fellow actors, the audience. That's life. Deal with it.

.....so how come we never heard of you?

Anyway...did you ever think that actors just want to act? Maybe some of them aren't out there for judgement and celebrity status, they just wanna do what they're good at.

Just because I act doesn't mean I'm famous, honey. And if that's the case, they shouldn't be actors. Take a journalism class and learn about libel laws and how they apply to private individuals vs. public officials and you well get what I'm saying.

take a spelling class!

ooohh burn... I had one typo. Big whoop. Now I'm going to go because I have a life. You can stay on here, check everyone's spelling, and lecture perfect strangers on why they are bad people. :flowerforyou:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    sinead.jpg

1990_sinead1.jpg

to

sinead-oconnor-2011.jpg

sinead-ocnnor-300.jpg
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    someone should do george michael and will smith, although, willl still looks good

Ahh...George Michael (he was SOOO hot). He looks pretty dang good in this new album cover (actually this new song "White Light" is really good if you haven't heard it).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ1oKNL5aH7H52RsBZoMvwI4PfC8VWOmp2usf3UMjVvPC077dAB8TGZPZV
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Can I do a "Used to be hot.... And still is!" one?
    Because Liam Neeson can take me out to dinner anytime :love:
    :blushing:

425.nell.richardson.neeson.lr.031709.jpg
    liam-neeson.jpg
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    So what is the moral to this story? What can we learn from this? Don't do drugs, take care of yourself including your weight and don't rely on your looks to make a pay check . Find other things that make you happy beside looks because one day it all goes away.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    So what is the moral to this story? What can we learn from this? Don't do drugs, take care of yourself including your weight and don't rely on your looks to make a pay check . Find other things that make you happy beside looks because one day it all goes away.
    hahaha...either that or "make as much as you can while you look good" (especially if you plan to party like a rock star!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Want to look back sometimes....................
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    Sounds like some of you have your panties in a wad. This is a thread about who you think used to be hot, but no longer find attractive. It's really not that big of a deal, it's chit chat. Which, last time I checked, is what this category is for. If all you have to do with your time is flame people on forums, you seriously need to get a life. Nobody is hurting anyone else, and nobody is doing anything wrong.
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Celebrities are people who have put themselves out there to be judged by the world, and I'm sure none of them under any delusions that they look fantastic still...

EXACTLY.

to be judged by the world are you kidding me! LMAO

Yes, I'm an actress. I should know. You do get judge by directors, fellow actors, the audience. That's life. Deal with it.

.....so how come we never heard of you?

Anyway...did you ever think that actors just want to act? Maybe some of them aren't out there for judgement and celebrity status, they just wanna do what they're good at.

Just because I act doesn't mean I'm famous, honey. And if that's the case, they shouldn't be actors. Take a journalism class and learn about libel laws and how they apply to private individuals vs. public officials and you well get what I'm saying.

Of course I knew that, honey. I acted in the 4th grade play so I'm an actress too.

And I'll pass on the journalism classes. I'm done with college and made sure I went to a school that didn't make me waste time in a class like that. Maybe you should take an acting class and you might make it big :smile:

Wow!! Just wow!!! I looked at this thread because I was curious to see what some of the people I grew up with watching looked like now, because I don't really look at celebrity news type stories. I haven't posted any pics good or bad and the only comments I have made on any pics are how hot RDJ is. The reason I'm replying to you however is that you talk about people being mean and making fun of celebrities because of how they look now or how they let themselves go but here you are bashing someone on a forum for their profession and insulting their college career and what classes people may or may not have taken. Seriously??? How are you any better then any of the people bashing the celebrities, and that makes you a nice person?

I just got readmitted into college after being out of school for 7-8 years raising my children. I am a physics major and I already had an AA degree so the University of Utah isn't going to make me take any general classes except for maybe American History, but any new incoming students have to take 2 courses minimum in each of the different areas of study that aren't for their major. So me being a science major that means I would have had to take 2 fine arts courses, 2 humanities types, and 2 social science types. If someone picks journalism as one of their "rounding out their education" courses or electives or just something to mark of a gen ed requirement then that's their prerogative and just because a college offers journalism doesn't mean its a crappy university either. Not to mention that I don't think anyone in the media gets by without some kind of journalism course of some sort. You don't see me going around insulting people who work in psychology or sociology or something saying they didn't get a real education because their science isn't "real" science or because they never took calc or quantum mechanics or diff equations. Jeesh.

And really? Maybe she is young and fairly new at acting. Maybe she has been acting in local theater or in smaller movies or commercials or trying to get into a tv show. Everyone has to start somewhere. My biggest thing is just how hypocritical you are from just one post to the next on the same thread.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Sounds like some of you have your panties in a wad. This is a thread about who you think used to be hot, but no longer find attractive. It's really not that big of a deal, it's chit chat. Which, last time I checked, is what this category is for. If all you have to do with your time is flame people on forums, you seriously need to get a life. Nobody is hurting anyone else, and nobody is doing anything wrong.

here's an idea-for the people who think Judging and demeaning people of less fortune is just in good fun-post a pic of yourself from 20 years ago and lets see how fun it is for you....I mean, since its ok and all in fun!
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    Soooo, in my understanding, this thread was about people judging people? :huh:
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I think I look way better now at 40 than I did in my 20s, so I prefer to focus on those who also got better. Like the always hot Jane Wiedlin of the Go-Go's.

In the early 80s...

JaneWiedlinIRSbw.jpg

JaneWiedlinasBettiePage.jpg

Enough to make you really want some sex, drugs and rock n' roll!
    Yes.... I'll take all three..... Later on this evening... And every night. Haaah. Dang. Jane still looks good. : ) Does a body Good!

Usually It would be me crying and saying this is insensitive. Judging others looks over the years.
    Look at it this way... We all get older and age..... Whats the alternative???? We die...
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    hahaha...either that or "make as much as you can while you look good" (especially if you plan to party like a rock star!

Haha thats a good one. To bad we can not all be rock stars or maybe its a good thing since they are under the public eye all the time. Im sure that gets annoying.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    here's an idea-for the people who think Judging and demeaning people of less fortune-post a pic of yourself from 20 years ago and lets see how fun it is for you....I mean, since its ok and all in fun!
    Wait...these rich and famous (or at least formerly rich and famous) people are less fortunate than us? Now THAT is hilarious. Thanks for hijacking an otherwise fun thread. You must be a blast at parties!
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options

here's an idea-for the people who think Judging and demeaning people of less fortune is just in good fun-post a pic of yourself from 20 years ago and lets see how fun it is for you....I mean, since its ok and all in fun!

Sharing an opinion of who you think is less attractive now is not demeaning. It's an opinion. & even if people are demeaning others, it doesn't make you any better to demean them for doing it.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    Joan
    joannow.jpg
    I saw Joan Jett a few years back at a local music festival, and damn..that woman looks incredible. She must work out like a lunatic, because her body was rockin'
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Tara-Reid-Before-and-After-Plastic-Surgery-Photos.jpg

THANK YOU for posting this. My husband has told me numerous times if I looked like her he's be all over me. Just showed him her current pic, the look on his face was priceless.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for posting this. My husband has told me numerous times if I looked like her he's be all over me. Just showed him her current pic, the look on his face was priceless.

Wow sorry to hear that. Your husband sounds terrible
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wow, does this thread ever need a Midol... It's one thread, on an entire forum. Lighten the eff UP. I don't agree with faulting celebrities for "ageing badly" just because they have aged, period... but there are some who have really, really let themselves go for their current age, or they have done horrible things to themselves under the knife... and in an image-based industry, no less. It's the loss of what could have been, had they taken better care of themselves. It doesn't mean that we don't acknowledge that we have let ourselves go, too. Why aren't the lot of you hysterically screeching at the other half of the internet, which is composed of innumerable celebrity gossip sites that are far more critical?
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    here's an idea-for the people who think Judging and demeaning people of less fortune-post a pic of yourself from 20 years ago and lets see how fun it is for you....I mean, since its ok and all in fun!
    Wait...these rich and famous (or at least formerly rich and famous) people are less fortunate than us? Now THAT is hilarious. Thanks for hijacking an otherwise fun thread. You must be a blast at parties!

I see the point went right over your head. Oh well