Gym Pricing

Options

Replies

• memmers
    memmers Posts: 112
    Options
    I pay $20 a month and it includes the pool area, the equipment, and any classes. Basically everything they offer except for tanning. Then after a year it will go down to $10. They also have a lifetime membership which i think is about $700. And they alternate days for men and women. I love my gym :)
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The gyms in my are are $100+ per month. Most fitness classes in my are are $20 per class! So, ya I don't have a membership. I workout in my home or run outside or hike. Who can afford those prices? If I had a gym for $55 per monthI would be stoked! I used to live in the city next door to a 24 hour fitness. I loved that!
  • nymami
    nymami Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i purchase videos and workout at home
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    $25 and change here, and they have a kids club (childcare) for no additional fee during certain (peak) hours. I don't have children, but since that seems important in the scope of this conversation, I figured I'd brag. :tongue:

Free classes, basketball court, pool, saunas...I didn't realize this was rare....weird.
  • HornsUT32
    HornsUT32 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I would totally pay that much for a really nice gym. I work out at Planet Fitness because it is super close and cheap, but I get what I pay for. I have been at Golds Gym before, but the one close to me is pretty small and the classes are not ones that I really enjoy. It was 40 a month, but I figured if I am not going to the classes, why pay that amount. You can't even get a good strength training program going because there is not enough equipment for the demand.

If there was a larger and better gym near me, I would definitely pay the money.
  • cmp_denver
    cmp_denver Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    24 Hour Fitness - $30/Month - includes all amenities - multiple clubs - all classes. I don't have kids, but I looked online child-care is available up to two hours per day for an additional fee.
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Mine is $40/month for a gym/community center membership - large lap pool, smaller "water park" pool with a connected kids' pool and a separate hot tub, two fitness rooms with free weights and machines, two dance studios, and a full basketball court gym. There are some sports fields and a track outside. All of the classes are included, but there are certain fitness programs (boot camps, etc.) and personal training sessions that are extra, as is child care and kids' swim lessons.

The cost per use calculation is really good and can be a motivator if you're on a budget and are worried about wasting money - the more you go, the less each visit costs. Also take into account any joining fees and the terms of the contract (if there is one), and whether you might get a discount if you get someone else to join/are referred by a current member.
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I pay roughly 90-100 USD (depending on conversion rate) a month. Classes are included (and they have a ton), showers and lockers, childcare (which I assume is free, I have no kids so I don't actually know for sure) etc. With the option of extra group lessons, private trainers etc (though those cost an arm and a leg AND the other leg).
  • mandydanyele
    mandydanyele Posts: 121
    Options
    Anyone know how much "Anytime Fitness" charges?
  • mallinds
    mallinds Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I signed a 4 year contact for $600 (i'd arleady been a member for 3 years). The gym is pretty cheepo and there are always weird men staring at the women but I always just go into the women's only section.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I used to be a member of a fancy gym at about $70. Loved it, but couldn't justify the cost for nice towels lol.
    Then a member of a Gold's Gym type establishment at $32. HATED that one.
    Now I go to the YMCA and pay about $30 with an employer discount.
    It's not fancy, but so far I like it the best.
    All were within a few blocks of each other, several miles from our house.

The Y has classes, and has child care.

There is no "women's area (never known a gym to have that, actually) but mine has a pool, and good free weights. The treadmills have TVs... the bikes have fancy computer programs...
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Mine is £34 which is around $50. Great gym, always free machines and weights, lots of classes and pool jacuzzis and steam room. No child care though. I'm going around 5 times a week so it's a bargain. Worth every last penny. My partner is paying for his and not going though so swings and roundabouts! Lol x
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    well....my husband and i pay $165 a month...plus I used ti pay another $55 for a Muay Thai gym i used to go to

Damn!!! I thought I paid a lot! I pay $127 for family membership. I guess I can't complain compared to 165
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm horrified by my town now. The gym I go to is $59.99/month, no classes, no childcare. For 3 months at a time it is $141.00, no classes.

The other gym in town is $98/month with classes. Nothing cool like climbing walls or pools either. Just cardio, classes (and not many and all in the morning or at night) and weight training equipment.
  • whitterbugCo
    Options
    I pay $10/mo - it has weight machines, free weights, ellipticals, treadmills, stair masters, locker room / showers
    It DOESN'T have classes, sport courts (basketball, racquet, etc) or swimming/hottub/suance/etc, or kid area.

My boyfriend and I both go, so at the most $20/mo, which is less than I paid just for myself at 24hour fitness.

It's pretty simplistic and doesn't have all the "extra" special things, but it's enough to lose weight :)
    www.bluemoonfitness.com
  • missypoo1974
    Options
    My husband and I joined a gym together and paid the yearly fee...$1099. But by paying the yearly fee instead of monthly, we got 40% off. So it would have been around $150 a month. And childcare is NOT included.....we have to pay $8 per child per day for 2 hours of childcare. We could do a yearly fee for that too which is over $400 but I'm not sure I would need it that often since the kids are in school most of the year during the time I normally work out.
  • JaneUK
    JaneUK Posts: 102
    Options
    I bought a Concept 2 rowing machine and have saved a fortune on gym fees over the last 8 years.
    Jane
  • mallinds
    mallinds Posts: 26 Member
    Options

There is no "women's area (never known a gym to have that, actually) but mine has a pool, and good free weights. The treadmills have TVs... the bikes have fancy computer programs...

Man I love the women's only area! It has most of the machines that are in the 'co-ed' area, free weights, and 4 treadmills 2 bikes and 2 ellipticals.
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The gym I go is $99 down and then $42 a month. They have cardio machines, free weights, weight machines, classes, and a steam room. I believe they offer childcare for $5 per child on Saturdays but I'm not sure since I don't have any kids.

I get the student discount though. Takes $10 off per month :)

It's a little more expensive than some other ones around here. It's the closest to my apartment though (about 5 miles) by far though. That's worth it to me!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    My gym is $65 a month including childcare. I've been looking around at other gyms and can't seem to find any with childcare that are inexpensive... 24 hour fitness I think is like $30... i'm really starting to freak out about my workouts. I need one that's somewhat cheap that has childcare otherwise I wont be able to go. I would like to just go to one of those cheap ones because all I ever do at the gym is lift weights and take showers. lol. But like I said I need childcare *cries*