Gym Pricing

Options

Replies

• majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My husband and I paid $1,300 for a 4-year membership to Premier Fitness, which comes to $27/month for both of us. It includes all sorts of zumba, pilates, water aerobics, boot camp, etc., classes, an indoor heated pool, free child care, 24-hour access during the week, free tanning, and a women-only section with about 8 treadmills, the same for bikes, free weights and lots of "nautilus" equipment. It's about 3 minutes from our house, which is awesome. You'd think I'd go more, but my 2-year-old shrieks in the daycare, unfortunately, and I just can't bring myself to make her stay in there.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    $65/mo for both of us. Free classes, 24/7 access at all locations. No childcare, but we don't have kids!

Eta- I use anytime fitness.
  • carmellaparker
    Options
    My gym is $44/month, it's a 24 hour gym with no amenities. You pay extra for classes, no childcare, no pool, courts, etc. This seems steep to me.

BUT I get a discount for being on the Rescue Squad so it's $22/month for me.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I pay $17.95 a month (after my health insurance kicks in $20, if I go 12 times a month.. which I always make sure to do for the discount). It's a no frills gym... no classes,childcare. But it's less than a mile from my house and very inexpensive. Also I go during my lunch hour and I'm usually the only one there. Good for machines and free weights, but that is about all

Wow! This is a great idea! More employers should adopt this idea!

I pay $33 for the YMCA for my husband, kids, and myself. It would be $20 for one branch, but I have a metro pass to all Richmond-area locations (about 16) which could be handy if I move or I'm in another area for the day or something. Mine is income-based though.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I pay $45 a month for myself, my youngest son, and my wife to belong to the YMCA. But, my older son does CrossFit. His gym (box, they call it) costs $175 a month.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Gym- $62/month
    Crossfit- $145/month

sure does take a big chunk of my paycheck!!

hahah :-)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    That is very high. I pay 20 a month and it is a 2 min drive for me with full amenities and childcare included.

when i went to one it was 35 a month and included child care up to 3 hours free per day with that membership
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My monthly gym membership is $59 which is a little high for the area I live in but it is a premium facility and I love it! Well worth the money!
  • bacorton
    bacorton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It does not seem like much if you take advantage of it everyday or 6 days a week. It will be just under 2 dollars a day and no gas involved. Mine is 37 but it is within a mile so I use it. If I had to drive 15 minutes I bet I would find excuses to not go.
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was paying about $42 a month for a place with great facilities. I used it regularly for about 2 years, but then life got in the way. Given that it is a 30 minute drive to the gym and the price of gas skyrocketed, my attendance went down and I finally reconciled I was better off to cancel my membership. I calculated what I would spend on the next years membership and invested it in equipment for a home gym.
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    I really lucked out with mine. I did an end of the year special last December, and I paid $100 for the entire year which works out to be $8 a month. That includes all classes, showers, lockers, a women's only section, and up to a hour and a half of daycare for kids (but I don't have any yet but it is nice to know for the future). The gym is open 24hrs except on weekends. It works out. I would say if you really stick to it and go often, and you can fit it into the budget, it's well worth it. My gym just happens to be less than a mile away and was a REALLY good deal too! I just couldn't pass on that!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Gym- $62/month
    Crossfit- $145/month

sure does take a big chunk of my paycheck!!

hahah :-)

My crossfit is $195! No free classes, no childcare. It's dirty. It's freaking HOT, (the fans don't even come on until it's 105 degrees). I drive a half hour to get there. I will never go anywhere else. Oh, I also have private coaching......$$$
  • jenneliza
    jenneliza Posts: 1
    Options
    Mine is a private community center, and i pay $65 for me and my two kids total. But that is unlimited use of everything including the pool, childcare, and free classes for all of us.

Other gyms around here are about $30-35/month.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    The most i have ever paid is 36.. with every thing you can think of. $10 more for childcare.. but if its all their is in the area, they are going to raise the price b/c they can.
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Gyms can get expensive. If you are concerned about cost ask yourself why you want a gym? Have you looked at "at home" options?
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I got locked into a $100/yr membership at 24 hr after I signed for 3 years with an upfront price of $350 I think... but that was 2001 or 2002. Still have the membership so that breaks down to $8.50 a month. The two 24s nearby have daycare, bball courts ,and one has racquetball courts.
    I have another membership at a gym with more amenities for $65 a month. Racquetball courts, bball courts, rock climbing wall, day care, indoor field, massages, haircuts. I don't use all those amenities and I like the 24 hr nearby more. I just go to this one because it's extremely convenient.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I pay $20, no childcare, no classes.
  • jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I pay $95.....it's our only option. But I LOVE It! : )
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    $39 a month for full access to gym, classes (yoga, Zumba, aqua Zumba, aerobics, spinning, boot camp, body flow, etc), indoor pool & child care. But I'm in small-town TX...

*Oh yeah, they also have two massage therapists--not included in the membership fees, but they're on site, which means I can use the child care.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    club24- i pay 21.14 no childcare and the classes are free depending on your membership.