OK OK I concede to protein powder

Options
13»

Replies

• Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    All f the suggestions are wonderful! I was just talking with my husband no more than an hour ago about protein powders!
  • ockara
    ockara Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What about healthy fats too, they are very important for skin(hair/nails). That may be another reason for the hair loss.

The GNC 100% Whey Protein Isolate is good, I'd mix it with water though.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb is my favorite. It's one of the most natural brands and it also tastes the best to me.

You didn't mention anything about being vegetarian, so try eating ground turkey, chicken, or egg whites for protein.
  • daniel1hp
    daniel1hp Posts: 18
    Options
    I would just go onto veganproteinpowders.net, they review them all and just pick one that looks good
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Buy some Questbars. It's packed with protein, low carbs and not any of "the bad stuff." Plus, they taste great!

Yep. I tried the sample pack and all the flavors are good. Buy them online here
    http://www.questproteinbar.com/store/pc/home.asp
  • 148fitgirl
    148fitgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A better idea than choking down a supplement would be to see a REGISTERD DIETITIAN...and I don't mean someone who calls the self a "nutritionist". there is no qualification for someone to say they are a nutritionist. Anyway, a dietitian can assess your diet and recommend protein sources from food, which is always better than from a supplement. Your health insurance may not cover this service, but it is money well spent. to find a registered dietitian, call your local hospital and ask to speak to a dietitian. they will be able to tell you how to make contact. I wouldn't rely on your doctor for nutrition advice. They get little nutrition education In Med school.
  • jephry
    jephry Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Seems like y'all are taking in a TON of protein...250g a day? MFP has my goal set at 59g per day...I usually go over that, but still...
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Seems like y'all are taking in a TON of protein...250g a day? MFP has my goal set at 59g per day...I usually go over that, but still...

whoa... 250g is a lot, but then again we don't know what her nutritional needs are. I personally have about 90g of protein a day when I workout. When I don't workout, I probably have about 60g. I usually exceed by about 1-2g a day (sometimes more, but that's the average).