Do you count fruits and veggies??

Options

Replies

• Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I did WW twice in my youth - once as a teen and again in my early twenties - pretty much did it peer pressure from my diet obsessed mother - it left a foul taste in my mouth both times. now that I'm at the wise old age of 38 it is mind boggling to me some of the things they suggest..and have you ever considered the sodium in some of their prepackaged food or suggested tricks or recipes? oh goodness!!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    people on here do track fruits and veg because I see it in the food journals I've looked at. But veg isn't high in calories usually. Potatoes are a starch (3pts) and corn is really a grain (1pt for small/ 2 for a large) so they have points in ww. There is more than one kind of ww plans and some count fruits and some don't. Points Plus gets free fruits and veg. I'm on the older momentum plan and I get free veg but fruits are 1pt. Hope this was helpful!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    for the record, I love ww. That is, the old momentum plan. I don't like the new version points plus. I lost quite 68 lbs using the momentum plan in 2007 and it certainly wasn't ww's fault I gained it back. That being said, what works for one doesn't work for everyone. We all have to find what works for us best. Millions of people have had success with ww and many other diets. Millions have failed at one diet or another. when I asked my doctor what diet plan I should follow he said he doesn't usually endorse programs but he did recommend ww. for the most part I believe if you work a diet, a diet will work for you. If one doesn't you just have to find the one that is right for you.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    You cant tell me you can eat a dozen potatoes and not log it because they are vegetables.

Potatoes and other starchy veggies are not "free" on WW. Please know what you're talking about before posting things that just aren't true.

haha. I can't believe someone took my post so literally... ever heard of exaggeration??

The bottom line is WW (like so many soul sucking corporations that thrive on the desperate) is that you only remain a profitable commodity IF YOU FAIL... (and yet that is a real, non-exaggerated, non-sarcastic post) :ohwell:
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If the food went into my mouth, it goes into my log!
  • Kalynx
    Options
    for the record, I love ww. That is, the old momentum plan. I don't like the new version points plus. I lost quite 68 lbs using the momentum plan in 2007 and it certainly wasn't ww's fault I gained it back. That being said, what works for one doesn't work for everyone. We all have to find what works for us best. Millions of people have had success with ww and many other diets. Millions have failed at one diet or another. when I asked my doctor what diet plan I should follow he said he doesn't usually endorse programs but he did recommend ww. for the most part I believe if you work a diet, a diet will work for you. If one doesn't you just have to find the one that is right for you.

not being mean and i hope you know that - but if it worked for you, you wouldnt have so much weight to lose today. you started in 2007? thats plenty of time for it to have 'worked.'

just sayin.........best of luck.
  • Kalynx
    Options
    You cant tell me you can eat a dozen potatoes and not log it because they are vegetables.

Potatoes and other starchy veggies are not "free" on WW. Please know what you're talking about before posting things that just aren't true.

haha. I can't believe someone took my post so literally... ever heard of exaggeration??

The bottom line is WW (like so many soul sucking corporations that thrive on the desperate) is that you only remain a profitable commodity IF YOU FAIL... (and yet that is a real, non-exaggerated, non-sarcastic post) :ohwell:

wtg you confused some people and they will take what you said out of context and quote it as gospel to their friends. :)
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I count everything.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    i count everything and anything i put in and around my mouth!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Unless you're eating pounds of green veggies there is no need to count them. I stopped adding them to my diary. It's very hard to get 50 grams of carbs from green veggies.
  • TheChangingMan
    TheChangingMan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you count them? 100 calories in a small banana.

Mind you, I wouldn't count broccoli.

I suppose everyone has a different "line in the sand"
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I also find it valuable to log even the low-calorie veggies (greens, etc) because it helps to look back and see my habits and how they effect me. On days where I eat tons of greens at lunch, do I seem to crave fewer sweets later? If I don't get enough fiber one day, how is my digestive system feeling the next day?

As several people already mentioned, there are many good reasons to log besides just calories.
  • everhard
    everhard Posts: 16
    Options
    I log my fruits and veggies because of the calories, and the carb and fiber in it. It's really important for me to be able to know what i've been eating and how my body respond to that.
  • clairehadgy
    clairehadgy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yup I count them both :-)
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You MUST count your fruit and veg. Most days I have 300 calories from veg and if I have a banana and 2 apples that's another 200. If you are reaching you calorie limit everyday and not adding your fruit and veg your not going to lose any weight.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    YES MA'M..I count them...They are food. I try for 6 vegs and 2-3 fruits as much as possible. Tks for sharing.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Being at the lower end of being diabetic, I most definetly count fruits. Not only are they sneaky foods in that the seem healthy for you, but can be calorie-loaded, they also have a ton of natural sugar in them which can wreak havoc on my insulin levels. I also do count veggies and work on making this (and protein) the bulk of my diet. So, yes, I say, count your veggies and your fruits!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! If I eat it, I count it. Fruits and veggies have calories too....good ones...but still calories!
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I always count everything. Like everyone is saying, there are a lot of sugars naturally in fruits. Calories do add up. Plus I'm trying to get more and more calories from fruits and vegetables instead of other things. I'd rather eat 500 calories worth of produce in a day than 500 calories worth of cake or chips.

My cousin is doing MFP and she told me she doesn't count fruit/veggies and I know she is doing really well and almost to her goal weight.

So I guess you could try it either way. Just remember that there are calories in them, even though they are good calories.
  • xristysmith
    Options
    Yes, I count them..But more importantly I look at the nutritional benefits. I was getting my proteins in.but still feeling less energy.
    so i revamped with more veggies and fruits.