Replies

• deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I finally made them.....fantastic!
  • Indyjen
    Indyjen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Okay, I made these last night and they are great! My only question is how are the rest of you making them with only 90 calories each? I bought the low fat Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits but they have 140 calories before any of the other ingredients are added. Did I buy the wrong biscuits?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Okay, I made these last night and they are great! My only question is how are the rest of you making them with only 90 calories each? I bought the low fat Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits but they have 140 calories before any of the other ingredients are added. Did I buy the wrong biscuits?

I believe there are biscuits that are like 50 or 60 calories each. They are the smaller ones. I am not 100% here, but I seem to remember buying some like that before.
  • borer29
    borer29 Posts: 2
    Options
    :happy: YUM!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Tamim is right,

I buy biscuits that are 100 calories per serving which are 2 biscuits.
    You have to look at the serving size.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    These do sound good!!

I went to aimees adventures website. Did you purchase one of her cookbooks and is it worth it? I was thinking about it, but I am a picky eater and did not know if she uses mostly real food and not weird diet food in her books. Thanks, HH:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I love her website.
    So many yummy recipes.
    No, I didn't purchase her cookbook.
    She has tons of recipes on her website.

• Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    I dont' see how these are 90 calories, but the fact that I made them and I can put as little or as much as I want into the little biscuit is fine.

I made these (again) last night, still yummy. I only ate one and a glass of milk and that was my dinner :smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I have no idea either so I will be using sparkpeoples recipe calculator next time I make this.
    They are so worth it though. Very filling too.

This morning I used the biscuit concept to make my breakfast.
    Made scramble w/ some egg beaters & crumbled some turkey bacon, pressed the biscuit in the muffin tin, spooned in some scramble, added the crumbled tueky bacon top.. baked it until biscuits were brown, added some Laughing Cow light swiss cheese ontop... the cheese melted and they were sooo yummy... 2 biscuits filled with everything for 193 cals:happy:

• rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    Options
    how do these reheat?
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    how do these reheat?
    I couldn't tell you b/c they go fast in my house.

• deanea
    Options
    how do these reheat?

I stored them in the fridge over night, my husband just stuck them in the microwave, he said they tasted great, but of course no crispy shell. I would be very careful reheating in the oven as if you have ever used pilsbury products before you know they are veerrry tempermental and over cook in the oven within minutes. Maybe reheat in micro and throw in oven just to crisp, you would have to watch them like a halk in the oven.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    They are tasty the next day, but not as great as the first time out.

I've put them in the microwave and they've come out good , but not as crispy.

I wouldn't put them in the oven again because they'll brown and not come out good.
  • rissa1322
    Options
    heres another goofy question.. can i use frozen veggies instead of the canned veg all?
  • deanea
    Options
    heres another goofy question.. can i use frozen veggies instead of the canned veg all?

I used frozen vegetables, came out just fine
  • rissa1322
    Options
    i just made these for dinner and i LOVED THEM

I had three.. but thats ok cause i had enough cals to eat
    we had 5 left so i split them up into bags for lunch tomorrow and the next day.
    i cant wait to make them agian.. or put other things in the biscuit!
    thanks for this
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    i just made these for dinner and i LOVED THEM

I had three.. but thats ok cause i had enough cals to eat
    we had 5 left so i split them up into bags for lunch tomorrow and the next day.
    i cant wait to make them agian.. or put other things in the biscuit!
    thanks for this
    You are very welcome!
    You can use the biscuit idea for breakfast & lunch.
    I did last week for breakfast and loved it.
    Will be doing it again for tomorrow morning.
    Please share the ways you use the biscuits:bigsmile:

• rissa1322
    Options
    oh i will for sure..

i want to do the breakfast.. here is a question about the eggs.. do u have to cook them before you throw them in?? or can u pour in the egg and will it cook like a quiche??

also, i was thinking of trying it as a mini pizza type... maybe browning some ground turkey.. mixing it with tomato sauce and cheese.. then baking in the biscuit???
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    oh i will for sure..

i want to do the breakfast.. here is a question about the eggs.. do u have to cook them before you throw them in?? or can u pour in the egg and will it cook like a quiche??

also, i was thinking of trying it as a mini pizza type... maybe browning some ground turkey.. mixing it with tomato sauce and cheese.. then baking in the biscuit???
    I was thinking about this same thing myself this morning but I like my eggs scrambled so I cook them before I put them in the bisquit.. You should try it on one biscuit.
    I have a few biscuits left over and I was thinking about doing the pizza thing for lunch too.
    Your idea sounds so good, easy & fast.

• rissa1322
    Options
    Let me know how the pizza goes!!!