SAHM 10/19-10/25

lettuceb
lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Welcome :smile:
We are a group of Stay at Home Mom's that help support and motivate each other with everything from exercise and eating to dealing with the kids! Feel free to jump right in, we don't bite!

Replies

• lettuceb
    Sorry it took me so long ladies to get the new thread up this morning. My 7 yo is home coughing and running a fever....the elementary and middle schools sent home a notice last week that they were seeing many kids with flu like symptoms in the health room. I hope he doesn't have the flu or if he does that the rest of the family doesn't get it!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Oh no!!! sickness!!!! I hope all is well with you and your kids! Take alot of Vitamin C so you don't get sick!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    whoops! i think i put a thread up at the same time--trying to be helpful, figured you were busy...

i told people to come to yours instead.

sorry your little son is sick! **get well vibes**
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Hello ladies, I haven't been following the thread, I lost it for a while.

Lettuce, sorry your son is sick. Sharlotte has a cold right now, and with her fever related seizures we have to be careful. I feel your pain, so to speak. :smile:

I finally lost the 2 lbs of water weight I gained over the last week or so. I was slacking on the water and eating to much sodium. I hope I have more water weight to lose, that would be nice. :wink:
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member

I finally lost the 2 lbs of water weight I gained over the last week or so. I was slacking on the water and eating to much sodium. I hope I have more water weight to lose, that would be nice. :wink:

WAY TO GO! Just up your water intake during the day and I bet you'll see a difference. I can always tell if i'm retaining water by the way my watch & rings feel.
  • staceyw37
    silver--look at you cruisin' on down the ticker!! wtg
  • lettuceb
    Stacey---thanks for trying to help...too funny that we did it at the same time. BTW your pictures look great, all that hard work is really paying off :smile:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my son....he is now just coughing a lot but no fever, hopefully it will stay that way!

I am coughing some but my nose is running...nothing bad though. I am trying really hard to get back on track with my food and water this week. I am having some Healthy Harvest soup and a banana for lunch.
    Drinking my water (trying anyway). Maybe a walk this evening or the elliptical later.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • lettuce-- So sorry your son is sick. A cold is running through our house as well. not fun :(

Anywho I weighed myself at a dr apt this morning and sad news I didn't lose anything. But I'm keeping my chin up and the doctor was sweet saying muscle weighs more than fat. Which I know is true, but I still would've wanted the number to be different. I know it may take me a little while longer to get going- my thyroid is not on the right side, but getting there so it affects my metabolism blah blah blah. But I'm feeling better so that's all that matters!!
    I was super excited for lunch today. I bought some red onions yesterday and they were extra delicious on my salad. :) I hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!!
  • lettuceb
    Bili-thanks and way to go with the positive attitude, that is half the battle. Keep up the good work and you will see the scale move.

Just got an email from a mom of a child in my son's 2nd grade class....it appears that yes, the swine flu is going through the class. Her son was in the ER this weekend and diagnosed with it so it is more than likely that my son has it too. I hope it just stays mild and that my other kids get only a mild case of it. I started coughing today too ugh!
  • staceyw37
    don't stay down, billie! it can take months MONTHS to get to goal. look at my ticker and that i really started this in MARCH. granted, i'm often not diligent about my eating...but the point is, this takes time. some weeks there won't be a change. but know this, if you're eating well/right and movin' that bod, good changes are certainly happening on the inside (your bones are building mass, your digestive system works better, etc...).

so what NEW thing do you want to do this week? increase your water? add another vege to your salad?
    we're here to cheer you on!
  • staceyw37
    lettuce, first things first. i'm sorry you folks are feeling icky. your lunch, tho, is just the thing to send to your immune system.
    now...how did they diagnose swine flu so quickly? i heard that hosp's send it to the state for verification?
    in any case, i hope that's not what you have but instead just regular icky sickness.

:flowerforyou:

and THANK YOU for the compliments on my pictures! it makes me feel so good to know that the results are visible now.

MY GOAL: Reach 130 by Dec 31, complete my 800miles by then, and be 2/3 done with p90x (my modified version). :drinker:
  • Silver_Dream
    wow you ladies are chatty today.

Lettuce, sorry your son is sick. It's going around here as well.

Bili good job with the positive attitude.
  • lettuceb
    Stacey--thanks for the well wishes for the family! It is true, it actually takes a sample and growing it to see if it forms plaques and then testing the virus for the characteristics of the specific virus to determine if it is what you are looking for...sorry.....took virology in college and my research background is coming out :happy: Right now, there are sooo many cases of the virus here in our area that any of the symptoms are pretty much being told it is swine flu...considering we already have a resistance to most of the other flus and the seasonal vaccine is always a guess as to what strain/mutation will be most prevalent the following year.

Sorry for all that :embarassed: anyway, if this is just a mild case then I will take it in fear that it will mutate and be deadlier and that way we will already have some semblance of protection due to antibody production from this weaker strain. :smile:
  • staceyw37
    lettuce, i don't mind the science explanations. in fact, i welcome them! (i was pre-med once upon a time and also worked for dr's writing manuscripts and grants--so i have the understanding of what you write). also, there is so much misinformation out there--not necess swine flu, i'm thinking more health, nutrition, wt loss, etc etc that real science based data is very helpful.

Boss and songbyrdsweet are very good at providing that kind of info too. i think songbyrd is getting her phd in nutr science (or something like that).

anyway, thanks for taking the time to give me more details. :happy:
  • staceyw37
    :laugh: :laugh: silver, some days are like that.
    i was trying to get into fb, but it keeps crashing my internet explorer. so here i am again, chatting instead of paying bills and updating our budget spreadsheet.
    yeah, priorities. :tongue:
  • staceyw37
    good morning! :flowerforyou:
    what's on tap for you today?

i was supposed to workout this am--but not sure that's gonna happen. we have gymboree this am and then we're going to party city to look at costumes.
    i want to spend time this am making lunch to bring with. i know i'll be hungry and i don't want cookies or mcd's AGAIN.
    we have good lunch food here, so i want to be prepared.

other than that--i have to get a workout in sometime and keep the kids entertained till swim class at 4:45.

so far, math worksheets, making "favorites" books and h-ween printables from familyfun.go.com have helped. i'll have to see what will work today.

what are you inside activities? what do you do to keep the kids occupied/busy/happy?

and amy---where are you, friend? check in with us!
    angie, hope you are feeling like the pieces are coming back together. you're in my thoughts every day. :heart:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    GM everyone! bright and early with school today. I homeschool a 13 yr old. I am fortunate that he exercises with me....that's his gym class! So today we are going for a 3mile run. Our days are jammed with school work. I don't have any little ones at home yet. We are trying!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Hello! I'm back. We went for DH's 20th H.S. Reunion this past weekend. It was more fun than I was expecting it to be. It was just an overnight trip, but I am also getting over a cold, so I wasn't on the computer much yesterday. My daughter came home with a cold and started sharing. Funny how they never share when you want them to, and then they share when you DON'T want them to! :laugh:

Lettuce - How are you and your family feeling? I hope you all get well soon.

Stacey - You look wonderful in your new pic!!! Your hard work is really showing!!!

Well, I forgot to pack my lunch for work today, so I ran out to McD's. But the good news is that I got the big kids meal instead of one of the regular combos! And my kids now have another Bakugan toy!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Good morning everyone. I've gotten my walk in today so i'm off to a good start. I'm starting to get bored with 30 day shred and dont' feel like doing it anymore, any ideas on what we can do to challenge ourselves when we get to this stage?

I had some motivation this a.m. I decided to go through some pictures over the last year and I can tell in my face that I have changed. I've been up and down with my weight this year but I do notice a difference so I'm proud of myself for sticking to this :blushing: I can't wait to see how I feel after the next few milestones. I dont' know how to attach pics to this post but I do have some in my profile. The one of me in a black dress shirt was in Feb of this year. and then my profile pic of me holding my daughter was about 2 weeks ago.

OH I almost forgot. I wanted to challenge everyone to drink 1 extra glass of water today.. whatcha think?:tongue:
  • Silver_Dream
    Good morning ladies.

My scale rewarded me today for drinking my water and sticking to my calories. It said I weigh 176.6 today. Tomorrow is my weigh in for My other thread. So I'm hoping it says the same thing so I can update my ticker to say 12 lbs lost! Which will put me at 2 lbs to lose to be out of the obese category! Yay!
This discussion has been closed.