ROAD RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

It totally blows my mind how many people think its perfectly fine to be typing or reading texts while your driving a 2000lbs potential death machine with innocent people all around you. Its a text it can wait!

This just sends me over the edge and I don't have to be in the car - if you are texiting in the middle of the isle at the grocery store in the way, I have been known to either move your cart or crab your phone and throw it in you cart. There is a time and place for your phone people!

so if I'm looking at my grocery list which I keep on my phone, you would grab my phone and toss it away? I'm sure glad you've ran into people who're spineless turtles because with any standup person, one way or another (possibly via verbal abuse from me) you're going away crying. My texting/checking something on phone doesn't hurt you anymore than me standing in the isle checking out the prices of different brands. For both cases, like a grown up, you tell the person "excuse me". Like a civilized and educated person.

There is also a time and place for common decency and show of respect and it's everywhere. In your car, in super markets and everywhere else
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options

It totally blows my mind how many people think its perfectly fine to be typing or reading texts while your driving a 2000lbs potential death machine with innocent people all around you. Its a text it can wait!

This just sends me over the edge and I don't have to be in the car - if you are texiting in the middle of the isle at the grocery store in the way, I have been known to either move your cart or crab your phone and throw it in you cart. There is a time and place for your phone people!

so if I'm looking at my grocery list which I keep on my phone, you would grab my phone and toss it away? I'm sure glad you've ran into people who're spineless turtles because with any standup person, one way or another (possibly via verbal abuse from me) you're going away crying. My texting/checking something on phone doesn't hurt you anymore than me standing in the isle checking out the prices of different brands. For both cases, like a grown up, you tell the person "excuse me". Like a civilized and educated person.

There is also a time and place for common decency and show of respect and it's everywhere. In your car, in super markets and everywhere else

yessir!

If I'm checking my phone in the store it's usually texting the wife because I'm a dumbass and I forget what I'm there for halfway through the trip. It's either use my phone to have her remind me or show up at home missing stuff and get clubbed.
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    I must admit, I am not the calmest driver on the road. But i have started using different techniques, such as blowing kisses, window licking, just being obnoxious in general, instead of cursing like a mad woman! Then I actually find it entertaining and it takes the edge off! :explode:

If I saw somebody blow me a kiss when I knew they wanted to flip me off, I don't know if it would make me laugh or piss me off even more. :laugh:

Exactly!!!
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Would probably depend. Have you politely pulled your cart off to the side or are you completely blocking the entire isle and it's a busy store? As for me, I'd likely just ask you to please move your cart or even a simple "Um, excuse/pardon me."
  • taunto
    Options
    I must admit, I am not the calmest driver on the road. But i have started using different techniques, such as blowing kisses, window licking, just being obnoxious in general, instead of cursing like a mad woman! Then I actually find it entertaining and it takes the edge off! :explode:

If I saw somebody blow me a kiss when I knew they wanted to flip me off, I don't know if it would make me laugh or piss me off even more. :laugh:

Read someplace "smile. Nothing pisses off a person that hates you more than your smile". I think in a way it applies here with the kissing logic :)
  • taunto
    Options

Would probably depend. Have you politely pulled your cart off to the side or are you completely blocking the entire isle and it's a busy store? As for me, I'd likely just ask you to please more your cart.

Even if the cart is in the middle of the isle, which lets face it happens sometimes even though most of us try not to, all you gotta do is say "excuse me" and go your merry way. Grabbing my personal property is a serious threatening move to me.
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Even if the cart is in the middle of the isle, which lets face it happens sometimes even though most of us try not to, all you gotta do is say "excuse me" and go your merry way. Grabbing my personal property is a serious threatening move to me.

That's exactly what I do, say excuse me. I would never actually take someone's phone--too afraid they'd swing a fist! But I have been tempted if an "excuse me" doesn't work and I have had to repeat myself a few times.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

Exactly!!!

I actually had a guy cut me off and then blow me a kiss after doing it. I hope one day he does that to a person that will follow him and curb stomp his face. *sigh* one can only hope
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    seems like we all have had those days
    slow mergers on to the freeway or those who dont let you merge like speed up to be right next to you,
    3 lanes available and each lane has a slow driver
    yellow light 10 yards away and the person infront of you began braking half mile before the light, no one makes this light of course
    texters..... just damn those texters its not worth it

i am a recovering road rage-er lol. i used to speed up and swerve at the car whom pissed me off, now God has made it so my horn doesnt work and the mechanic cant ix it. so i cuss a little and then just breathe.
  • jran3
    jran3 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

When was your last instance of road rage? Or the last time you saw somebody just bug the hell out.

Every friggin' day!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I'm embarrassed to admit I get a bad case of road rage every couple days. It's horrible, I know. Usually, I just yell obscenities, though. There was this one time I flipped a guy off and he jumped out of his car and came stomping over to my car where he started threatening me (he was about twice my size). Afterwards, he had the guts to sue me. But he ended up having to pay a bigger fine than me because the reason I had given him the finger in the first place was that he had nearly bumped into my car, then blocked the road and forced me to drive through the grass on the side of the road because there was nowhere else for me to go. Still, I don't necessarily need to relive this experience....
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I had road rage this morning while riding my bike. For the second time in a week someone on a fraking cell phone wasn't paying attention to all 5 of the signs pointing out that their right turn is to yeild to anyone crossing on the path connecting the trail going across the street. The guy mean mugged me the whole time he slow turned so I took my glasses off stared back him and barked about the sign. The next guy in line waited for me to cross.

For the people who say a cyclist should not be on the road I say same roads, same rights, same rules! As a cyclist it is safer for me to be on the road than on a sidewalk or even some trails. Certainly if I can I stay on the trails where I encounter much less traffic but there are places where the road is where I belong and drivers need to learn to accept that and slow their *kitten* down! This morning I was out on a run, crossing a side street and was just about taken out by a minivan. This idiot never saw me even though I was in the middle of the road. I looked at him, called him an idiot and slapped his window with my hand pretty hard. He had the nerve to honk his horn and yell something at me so I was sure to show him he was number one in my book as I started running again :smile:
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    I had road rage this morning while riding my bike. For the second time in a week someone on a fraking cell phone wasn't paying attention to all 5 of the signs pointing out that their right turn is to yeild to anyone crossing on the path connecting the trail going across the street. The guy mean mugged me the whole time he slow turned so I took my glasses off stared back him and barked about the sign. The next guy in line waited for me to cross.

For the people who say a cyclist should not be on the road I say same roads, same rights, same rules! As a cyclist it is safer for me to be on the road than on a sidewalk or even some trails. Certainly if I can I stay on the trails where I encounter much less traffic but there are places where the road is where I belong and drivers need to learn to accept that and slow their *kitten* down! This morning I was out on a run, crossing a side street and was just about taken out by a minivan. This idiot never saw me even though I was in the middle of the road. I looked at him, called him an idiot and slapped his window with my hand pretty hard. He had the nerve to honk his horn and yell something at me so I was sure to show him he was number one in my book as I started running again :smile:

I agree same road, same rights, same rules. My problem is if you can't cycle the speed limit, then that's not the road you should be on, same rules right.
  • Grimmerick
    Options

That is crazy. Not road rage but did you hear about the guy in either russia or germany that put an ad on craigslist for anyone that wanted to be murdered by him, and he actually had a guy respond and let him do it. Now that's some crazy *kitten*. They did other stuff together before his murder including cutting off his thing and trying to eat it
  • runnerchick69
    Options

I agree same road, same rights, same rules. My problem is if you can't cycle the speed limit, then that's not the road you should be on, same rules right.

Not everyone does 50mph and not everyone does 25mph. I am on wheels and traveling far too fast to be on a sidewalk and sometimes walking trails are so busy I become a danger to those who are walking or running. The same rules apply to a bike as they do a car and it is time drivers learn to accept that! I have just as much right on that road with my bike as you do your car and in fact, my bike just may be my car. Not all cyclists follow the rules and many drivers certainly don't. Our numbers are going to continue to grow and you will see us more and more out on your roads so it is time we all learn to share the road. In fact in our area you will find signs along our roadways that say just that, Share the Road :smile:
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options

Not everyone does 50mph and not everyone does 25mph. I am on wheels and traveling far too fast to be on a sidewalk and sometimes walking trails are so busy I become a danger to those who are walking or running. The same rules apply to a bike as they do a car and it is time drivers learn to accept that! I have just as much right on that road with my bike as you do your car and in fact, my bike just may be my car. Not all cyclists follow the rules and many drivers certainly don't. Our numbers are going to continue to grow and you will see us more and more out on your roads so it is time we all learn to share the road. In fact in our area you will find signs along our roadways that say just that, Share the Road :smile:

I get the arguments and all, but the particular road/intersections I'm talking about has MULTIPLE signs pointing out that it's a crossing for a trail that a lot of bikers and runners use. Not to mention 3 lights for the CROSS little guy to light up on, but another very very large sign that lights up saying RIGHT TURN YEILD TO PEDESTRIANS! it lights up when it's our turn. At that point it is 100% the drivers responsibility to obey the lights and signs. That is all.
  • runnerchick69
    Options
    We have intersections like that too and yet drivers continually ignore them! We have signs that say no right turn if a pedestrian is present; want to take a guess how many times drivers turn when someone is there!?! As for cell phones, I wish Michigan would pass a ban on driving and cell phones. I know hands free isn't the perfect answer but I've had more than my fair share of run ins with people who aren't paying attention while on the phone. People need to slow down and be aware of what is going on around them.