Eggs... How many??

Options
13»

Replies

• exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I eat about a dozen a week. BUT they have to be organic, free range eggs. Otherwise, they hurt my stomach for some reason (was once allergic to egg yolks).
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My doctor says to only eat about 4 eggs a week. I trust her implicitly, however I disregard this 1 piece of advice. I love eggs, I believe they are filling and healthy, so I eat eggs whenever I like.

(I have no cholesterol problems, so i think she is just being cautious with her egg advice).
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on just egg whites. So I will do 1 egg and 2 whites, with a lot of veggies!! It's very filling and only about 100 calories, little fat and cholesterol.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I've never liked the taste of yolk anyway, so to me I have about 5 eggwhites scrambled, I mix in some turkey bacon or turkey sausage or chicken, cilantro, onions, pepper, and tomatoes, occasionally avocado or jalapeno. I have this almost every day!
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I had two fried eggs today. They were delicious. If I had more than two in the house I would of probably made a egg-white omelette (with one yolk) and turkey ham.
  • Sappy320
    Sappy320 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I eat close to a dozen eggs a week myself, but i usually go half whites, half whole egg because of the fat content.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Currently wolfing down 4 complete eggs a day. Love them.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 or 3 a day. Every day. Love eggs!!!
  • Btmartin54
    Btmartin54 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    As many as you want. Eggs are full of great nutrition. They are also a nice low cal snack. All the "studies" used to say eggs were too high in cholesterol and you should watch your cholesterol intake. Now all the studies are saying "oops, we were wrong" the cholesterol in eggs is not bad for you.

Agree

NHS Link : http://www.nhs.uk/news/2009/02February/Pages/Eggsafety.aspx

So glad to read this...just looked at my total cholesterol for today and thought I was going to have to replace my favorite cheap snack. :smile:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I eat two or three a day.

For ten years my cholesterol had been problematic and my doctor has been telling me to start taking lipitor and I've been declining to get the prescription filled. In July of last year I started this whole eating right and working out thing and started eating two or three eggs almost every day - whole eggs. In October I had my lipids checked and they were perfect.

I scramble eggs with baby spinach to take to work for lunch almost every day. I love it and never get sick of it.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 or 2 a day, both duck and chicken eggs. Duck eggs are bigger and almost double the cholesterol of chicken eggs, but I don't care, they are so filling, and to me taste much nicer than chicken eggs.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    As many as you want. Eggs are full of great nutrition. They are also a nice low cal snack. All the "studies" used to say eggs were too high in cholesterol and you should watch your cholesterol intake. Now all the studies are saying "oops, we were wrong" the cholesterol in eggs is not bad for you.

Agree

NHS Link : http://www.nhs.uk/news/2009/02February/Pages/Eggsafety.aspx

DITTO