What do you do at the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    3 days per week StrongLifts 5x5 + HIIT or steady-state runs, 3 days/week rock climbing. Sunday is either a rest day, a run, construction, or yard work.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Deads
    Squats
    Rows
    Bench
    Chins
    Shoulder press
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • LeslieSJR
    LeslieSJR Posts: 64
    Options
    I try to vary it up: eliptical, treadmill, weight machines, free weights, swimming, tennis, biking, yoga, and lots of workout DVD's at home (Jackie Warner & Jillian Michaels are my faves).
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    As we all are trying to keep our workouts mixed up and intense at the gym/home, I am constantly searching the web and youtube for variety of workouts....SO what do you guys do at the gym? My new favorite cardio machine is the mountain climber..I usually do a variety of squats, lunges, kettle bells, sit-ups, push-ups etc. I plan to start 30 day shred soon as well.

I wanna try one of those "mountain climber" thingy's soooo bad! Alas, my gym does not have one. :sad: Check out today's exercise in my diary to see what I do on strength training days (Tuesday/Thursday). Walk/run days I do intervals of walking and running, then I do some core work, lunges, squats, side step shuffle, etc...

Edit: I also try to engage in a few fun activites or projects every week that keep me moving.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Mostly I do cardio.. stationary bike, elliptical, swimming... I only do strength training with my trainer, but I want to get comfortable doing it on my own. I'm not there yet. He does an awesome job keeping me challenged.. plyometrics and all that. I'm also trying to get brave and start going to classes.. zumba, spinning and the weight one. I'll get there... eventually!
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    I usually do upper body (bench press, curls, etc) & abs one day then lower body (squats, lunges etc) & abs the next
    cardio every day

every other day I do an interval routine on the treadmill then my workout then the elliptical for 20-30 min
    on other days I just run outside or on the track

I try to take one day off a week though and sometimes two when I just can't even move I'm so sore.
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight before doing weights combined with Kickboxing and Muay thai classes and not little 5lb weights...I was curling 35s and my leg presses were in the 300s.I cant do any of that right now thanks to my recent shoulder surgery so Ive been running and doing the stairmaster like it owes me money! Plus i still do weight machines for my legs since im not allowed to pick up anything heavier than 15lbs :(
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Usually a quick 10min warmup on the treadmill, then depends squats, bench presses, pendlay rows, overhead presses, deadlifts, pull/chin ups yada yada. That's about it, I only go for runs outside, treadmills kill me.
  • januarythoughts
    januarythoughts Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started a HIIT program that I can do at home. I figured I would workout at home and that eliminates the "I couldn't make it to the gym" excuse.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am getting a ton of great ideas, Thanks!
  • CWSpiegel
    CWSpiegel Posts: 114
    Options
    Daily Warmup:
    - Walk Dog 3-5 Miles, depending on how hot it is.
    - Pull-ups, Dips, GHD Situps, Back Extensions, AIr Squats
    - Mobility Stretching with RBands

Monday:
    - Power Snatches (btwn 75-85% of 1RM)
    - BSquats (btwn 85-95% of 1RM)
    - DB Row
    - Push Press (btwn 85%-95% of 1 RM)
    - 10-15 Min MetCon Finisher at end.

Tueday:
    - Gymnastic Form Work (False Grip Ring Pullups, Ring Dips, Ring Holds)
    - 20-30 Min MetCon Workout

Wednesday:
    - 20-30 Min MedCon Workout

Thursday:
    - Power Cleans (btwn 75-85% of 1 RM)
    - Deadlifts (I go light on these, as I had hernia surgery in April)
    - Weighted Strict Pullups and Dips (Pullups I use 20# Body Armor, Dips around 10#)
    - Bar Pushups (3 Sets, until Form Fail)
    - 10-15 Min MetCon Workout

Friday:
    - 40-60 Minute MetCon Workout

Saturday:
    - Catch up anything I missed during week.
    - 30 Minute AMRAP MetCon Workout

Sunday: REST

**A MetCon workout (Metabolic Conditioning) is a High Intensity Strength/Cardio Workout. They combine compound lifts at medium weight, bodyweight, running, rowing, and explosive cardio moves. Example: Run 400m, 21 KB Swings at 55 lbs, 21 Strict Pullups, Run 400m, 15 KB Swings, 15 Pullups, Run 400m, 9 KB Swings, 9 Pullups. That's an easy/short one!**
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I do weight training only. Gave up cardio in May. Currently doing Phase 2 ,Week 2 of the Venus Index Workouts. Kicked my butt!
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    Heavy compound lifting: squats, bench press, overhead press, bent over row, deadlifts.

I also do pullups, dips, calf raises, ez bar curls, and captains chair crunches.