Coworkers that make you want to scream

Options
2»

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I probably work with the worst person EVER.

He can't do his job, and people complain about him on a weekly basis (customers/coworkers/head honchos/etc).
    He's only been here a year, and I've had to write up incidences outlining every time he screws up...we refer to it in the office as "the book", 8 pages just of his f*ckups.

He steals all the time, he flat out lies to customers, he interrupts everyone when they're talking so that he can tell rude jokes, he lies about completing work all the time, oh, and last week he sexually harassed me.

No one can figure out why the boss loves him though and won't fire him.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options

He can't do his job, and people complain about him on a weekly basis (customers/coworkers/head honchos/etc).
    He's only been here a year, and I've had to write up incidences outlining every time he screws up...we refer to it in the office as "the book", 8 pages just of his f*ckups.

He steals all the time, he flat out lies to customers, he interrupts everyone when they're talking so that he can tell rude jokes, he lies about completing work all the time, oh, and last week he sexually harassed me.

Is there anyone above the boss?
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

I've witnessed a few of these and have a VERY easy answer.

The boss doesn't love him AT ALL.

In fact, probably hates him. But this guy KNOWS something about the guy. An affair, a drug habit, theft, SOMETHING.
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    I have an awful co-worker...she's a female! She is just horrible, she wants to take over everything and she is just possesive! I can't even say hi to the doctor without her jumping on me. She looks at EVERYTHING i do and just hates me! Speaking of the devil she just came up to complains about something else. It's always something new with her! Just cannot stand her!
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options

In fact, probably hates him. But this guy KNOWS something about the guy. An affair, a drug habit, theft, SOMETHING.

That's the most likely explanation. However, I worked with a guy that everyone and their brother hated (sans the boss). Probably the most irresponsible coworker I've ever had (late to work, smelled like alcohol on the regular, rude to customers, etc). The reason the boss loved him was because he was 10 years his junior (33/23) and partied with him. We had to go to corporate to get the kid fired.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

That's the most likely explanation. However, I worked with a guy that everyone and their brother hated (sans the boss). Probably the most irresponsible coworker I've ever had (late to work, smelled like alcohol on the regular, rude to customers, etc). The reason the boss loved him was because he was 10 years his junior (33/23) and partied with him. We had to go to corporate to get the kid fired.

Hmmm that would actually make sense. I'm right below the boss, everyone reports to me. The boss was ready to fire him right before Christmas, but I stupidly said "that's too harsh around the holiday season." So he held off. Then he promoted him. My only other option would be to go directly to the corporate office...but it's bad enough that the other offices know how much of an idiot he is.
    I'm definitely thinking now that he must know something...I know he doesn't party with the boss, but they have gone out for lunches with each other. Interesting.