Isagenix Cleanse for Life

Options
My trainer is trying to push Isagenix Cleanse for Life on me. I've been telling him for months I'm not interested because of course if you don't eat for 9 days you'll lose weight but who's interested in losing muscle mass???

He claims everyone who's tried it has lost at least 15 lbs of FAT in 9 days and that it has sped up their metabolism. I say that if that were the case it would be FDA approved, all over the news and every doctor in the country would be selling it.

I am NOT going to try it but was wondering if anyone has tried it and agrees with me that it's a gimmick and a waste of money.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it.
    I would also get a new trainer. Not kidding.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I wouldn't do it.
    I would also get a new trainer. Not kidding.

this times 100!!!!!!!
  • louwho917
    Options
    Its not a gimmick at all and not a cleanse at all either....its a way of alkalining your body. Research what thats all about before you start critizing and telling everyone its a scam. Putting negative information out there when you have no clue what you're talking about is just another way for people who SAY they want to be healthy yet want to DO nothing about it. If its not for you then its not for you......the proof is in the pudding tho, everyone who is on it has results & its lifestyle change for them for the better.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    Its not a gimmick at all and not a cleanse at all either....its a way of alkalining your body. Research what thats all about before you start critizing and telling everyone its a scam. Putting negative information out there when you have no clue what you're talking about is just another way for people who SAY they want to be healthy yet want to DO nothing about it. If its not for you then its not for you......the proof is in the pudding tho, everyone who is on it has results & its lifestyle change for them for the better.

What makes you think that people who are recommending against it, have not done their research?
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Does this mean you tried it? Did it work? Did it make you feel ill at all? I seriously want to know, I don't think it's for me, but I'm really not informed on it. I find it funny that a trainer would push any product though :ohwell:
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Does this mean you tried it? Did it work? Did it make you feel ill at all? I seriously want to know, I don't think it's for me, but I'm really not informed on it. I find it funny that a trainer would push any product though :ohwell:

A trainer would push it because Isagenix is an MLM marketing platform and the person pushing the product stands to gain from this.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Wait, did you just tell people to do research and you're talking about it alkalizing your body? Pot meet kettle
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

Wait, did you just tell people to do research and you're talking about it alkalizing your body? Pot meet kettle

is that like alka seltzer?
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

A trainer would push it because Isagenix is an MLM marketing platform and the person pushing the product stands to gain from this.

Ah, the magic answer.
  • Sidesteal
    Options

But but but what about your PH level? lol
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Why would I want to "alkaline" my body? Pretty sure changing the chemical makeup of my system is the last thing I want to happen on any day.
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I tried to try it, bought a 30 day cleanse, stayed on it for 10 days and now am simply using the MRShake, mostly for breakfast. I bought it and of course realized that I don't need it:) I'll do another 9 or 10 days when I am ready but will not use it again.
    It was not as hard as I expected it to be, the shakes are quite filling, the cleanse day was hard but if you put your mind to it, it is fine. I may have made it harder by working out, have not lost much weight though at all. Overall, I felt good, energetic but it happens if, I for example, simply eat light, salads, etc. and get adrenalin from regular exercise.
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i have a friend that did it and he lost a lot of weight i dont know much about it...Its kinda pricey for me
  • GreenEyedLady1
    Options
    sidesteal wins again, lol!
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    sidesteal wins again, lol!

I'm actually quite willing to entertain any research she has about alkanining, or about the supposed benefits of their "9 day cleanse".

It just bugs me when people make the assumption that "they don't agree with me therefore they are not educated". That's an arrogant and douche-nuggety stance to take.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Its not a gimmick at all and not a cleanse at all either....its a way of alkalining your body...

RPatz alkalines were imbalanced before he was a star too, and Isagenix fixed him right up! True story.

465-derp-derp.jpg
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I tried it after a friend had success with it.

I found it a) expensive, b) disgusting, c) not substantial enough, d) it didn't work (perhaps because of b & c I couldn't follow through with it the way it's intended).