A NEW kind of 30 day challenge!

Options
With tomorrow being the first of the month of August I have decided to set up a new challenge for myself and anyone else who wants to join in. We are all getting healthy here, we are all eating better and getting active, but wellness means more than just good diet and exercise. So here is my challenge for myself and anyone else out there...

I _________________ resolve to spend the next 30 days improving my life. I commit to spending at least half an hour each day doing something that will make me feel better mentally and spiritually.

This could mean spending half an how reading a bible or holy book, it could mean ironing that pile of clothes that has been building up and nagging at you every time you walk past, it could mean going out and volunteering for that group you always wanted to help out with, it could mean signing up for that art course you always wanted to take, or starting to write that book that has been sitting in the back of your mind for years. Report in here about what you are doing each day to make you life what you want it to be and maybe we can even inspire each other to make the inside shine as much as our outsides are. :)

Replies

• snykim2005
    snykim2005 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im in! Ive been thinking of doing something like this for a while. Ive noticed I dont really do anything that isnt meant to help, please, or take care of someone else. I spend most of my time taking care of my kids , which is great, but It would be nice to do something that is just for me. I used to be a pretty good artist, i havent painted in years. I think im going to start again. That and my garden needs some serious attention .
    Great idea! I am definitly in. Lets make august a great month!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I resolve... to participate! (Your words remind me of flylady) This would be wonderful.
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I resolve... to participate! (Your words remind me of flylady) This would be wonderful.

OMG I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!!!!!
  • tbolashana
    Options
    I'm in!!! Not sure what I will do yet but anything that betters me I'm up for.
  • Joorrrrdddyyn
    Joorrrrdddyyn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    this is such a good idea! im in!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • cyndimcd
    cyndimcd Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'm in too. (And I also am a flylady fan.)
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You guys all rock :) Let's do this!
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    I, Taylor, resolve to spend the next 30 days improving my life. I commit to spending at least half an hour each day doing something that will make me feel better mentally and spiritually.

I spend way too much time on the computer, and I want to spend more time with my family. I live with them but don't see them very often due to their busy schedules. This is a great idea thank you!
  • PrayerofAmity
    Options
    30 Day Living Well Challenge - Day 1

Today I spent an hour working out some character templates for a book that has been in my head since I was 12 years old. A suspense thriller about a sociopathic ex con who finds the mother of his son who was responsible for getting him imprisoned so he can have his revenge.

P.S. - I sat on my fitness ball while I worked on it, so I was strengthening my core muscles at the same time lol.
  • PrayerofAmity
    Options
    Lol that was awesome! I went back to it because I just couldn't stop. I'm actually starting to get really excited as I develop these characters and whole new side plots keep coming into my head! This is so exciting!
  • cyndimcd
    Options
    That sounds like a fascinating plot! What a stimulating way to spend time. I do some writing (mostly sermon prep) and find that I think differently with pad and pen than with the keyboard. Later when I type, it seems to tighten the stories and work out the details.
  • cyndimcd
    Options
    I spent about 45 minutes cleaning my desk. I am embarrassed it took me so long to get to this when it took so little time. I feel so much better, though, in a neat environment.
  • PrayerofAmity
    Options
    That is great Cyndi! It is so true that we feel so much better when things are neat and organized.
  • tbolashana
    Options
    i didn't really get a chance, but i did dance for like 30 minutes and enjoyed it.

this was for day 1.

i will let you know about day 2 later.
  • YahsPrincess
    Options
    awesome idea, i'm in too. <3
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Today I walked 38 minutes & I did not surf FB or MFP or text! !!! I get bored when I walk alone so intend to play on my phone. I resolve to not do this for @ least the month of August. I will use the time to reflect.

Also love flylady & plan to declutter my house. This weekend, my closet. If I don't show up on here assume I have been lost in the abyss.
  • PrayerofAmity
    Options
    Lol good luck and don't get lost. We would miss you.

I need to start going through stuff for yard sale that I've been trying to get going for 3 years now. I am going to have the damned thing this month I swear!
  • cyndimcd
    Options
    I am not good at this challenge!
    But the day is not over yet and if I go to bed now that will be 30 minutes early!
  • cyndimcd
    Options
    That sounds fun!
    Oops...this was meant to be a reply to tbolashana on dancing.