A NEW kind of 30 day challenge!

Options

Replies

• MikeJackson67
    Options
    Congratulations. We all deserve to have a beautiful life and it begins with doing something positive for ourselves.
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Don't give up Cyndi! You can do this
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Even though today is the 2nd, I have started doing this without ever seeing your group!
    The first day, I stopped and absorbed the incredible view from the back of our house. I see it every day, but I don't SEE it. It's gorgeous!
    Today, I started the C25K program and actually finished the entire week 1, day 1!

You guys inspire me!
  • PrayerofAmity
    Options
    Every single person here inspires and motivates me.
  • PrayerofAmity
    Options
    I barely eked this one out guys...I was totally unmotivated today...but at the 11th hour I dug deep and spent half an hour reading a spiritual book that I have been meaning to study. Today was tough, tomorrow will be better
  • snykim2005
    snykim2005 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I finally trimmed all my rose bushes. Since the baby was born Ive really let them go...
    They look much better now, and It felt good to get some sun, even got a little tan.
    No clue what im going to do today! I like this challenge!
  • PrayerofAmity
    Options
    That is awesome Kim! :) You really made me smile.
  • PrayerofAmity
    Options
    Today I went through all my bills and worked out a budget to start trying to break down some of this debt.
  • cyndimcd
    cyndimcd Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Before I went to the office I put ingredients into the bread machine. When I came home, I could smell hot bread! I had two slices for supper, which did not exactly meat the protein goal for the day, but it was terrific to come home knowing that this was in the bread machine.

Motherbetty, I loved the C25K program. It took me a few tries, but I am so proud that I can run after doing this. I hope that it is a positive experience for you, too.

PrayerofAmity - what are you reading? I'm always looking for good books, especially in the spiritual area.
  • l_beakley
    Options
    I am SO glad I just found this board! I have been feeling really down lately, can't stay motivated & I think this challenge is exactly what can kick me in the butt. Count me in.
  • PrayerofAmity
    Options
    Welcome I-beakley :) hope this challenge gives you what you need.

I'm actually reading the Liber al Legis, Cyndi. It's a Thelemic book.
  • l_beakley
    Options
    Tonight, when I get home from work, I'm cleaning out my closet. Anything that doesn't fit gets donated.
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • finalwl
    finalwl Posts: 2
    Options
    I just finally bought a "bistro set" for my balcony after 5 years. I need time just to meditate and pray and be away from the awesome privelege of being a single mother and dog owner. My daughter even said " why don't you do something for yourself!! Out of the mouths of babes.
    So taking time for me is my challenge this month.
    And of course, improving my relationship with food.
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm reading a book on whole foods today.
  • bslclay
    bslclay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I really like the whole concept. Sometimes I just need to be reminded to help myself so I can better help others. I am an art therapist and counselor, so you would think this would be second nature to me. Unfortunately, it's not.

I just painted my nails with my daughter...something I told her we would do for the past few days and never got around to doing. I might take a bubble bath later..another thing I said I would do but felt too rushed to take the time for.

Have a great day all!!

Laura
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Today I went through all my bills and worked out a budget to start trying to break down some of this debt.

I love using a budget. Finally convinced my DH several years ago! Have you read Dave Ramsey's books, Total Money Makeover and Financial Peace University? They are entertaining, yet get their points across, give you forms to work with and help you know where to start. Our current goal is to payoff our mortgage, the last debt.
  • PrayerofAmity
    Options
    Today I totally cleaned out the lower level of my house that was indescribably horrid. The pets hide down there so you can imagine the smells coming from down there. Tossed out ruined furniture and scrubbed everything clean, got a big pile sorted and started for yard sale, tossed a lot of garbage, then bought a baby gate to keep the pets out and a new phone....oooohhh and nice new sheets and pillows for my bed. That downstairs has been a thorn in my side for a long long time and now I can actually go down there and smile. It felt great.

P.S. - How stoked am I by all of you!!!! You all rock, and hearing all that you are doing makes me feel so happy for all of us.
  • PrayerofAmity
    Options
    Keep posting everyone! I want to hear all the wonderful things you are doing! :)
  • miss61
    miss61 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm going to join your challenge...rarely do I do anything for myself, always trying to make everyone else happy. Not sure what I will begin with today, but I will find something...I think this site is going to be very helpful in keeping me motivated!