Anyone have a Polar Heart Rate Monitor?

Options

Replies

• sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60G1. Love it for keeping my pace on track while out on a run, and for giving me better calorie burn calulations when I'm doing indoor cross training. Looking at possibly upgrading to a unit with the GPS built in to the watch, not a separate item like I have. But, it works and I really like it.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I have an Ft4 and accidentally jumped into the river yesterday with it on. Polar told no lie, it's doing just fine. It does say if in the water, don't press any of the buttons though. I would not go swimming with mine on purpose. It only claims water resistant:)

I love mine:)
  • Tropicalgirl3
    Tropicalgirl3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just bought the FT4 and Bodytronics. com had the best price and free shipping!! They were also offering 10% off the already low price. Check it out!!
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    FT60, and I love it. Got it on ebay for pretty cheap, too.
  • dkoroschetz
    dkoroschetz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the info! I'm convinced that I NEED to buy one now :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    They have good potential for getting them setup correctly for as accurate as possible calorie burn counts too.

If that is the reason for having it anyway.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/459580-polar-hrm-calorie-burn-estimate-accuracy-study
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Yup I have an FT4 and LOVE it!
  • Phoenix844
    Options
    I just recently bought the FT7 and It's Brilliant : )
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4, and it does everything I need it to do. Love it!
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to purchase a Polar Heart Rate Monitor...does anyone have one? Are you happy with it?

i have an FT4 and i use it because i have it, but if i could go back i wouldn't have gotten it. there are other things i'd spend my money on.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options

trust me you don't NEED one.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Very. I use an FT4.

^^ exactly this. I may eventually upgrade to another Polar one for the fitness test and such, but I love mine!
  • formerlynobel
    formerlynobel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have an FT60, around $140 on Amazon. It's simple and does the trick! Plus, it motivates me toward a weekly burn target and measures my resting fitness.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Ft4! Love it! get it its great
  • formerlynobel
    formerlynobel Posts: 96 Member
    Options

trust me you don't NEED one.

Well, while you don't "need" one, if you are serious about controlling your weight and not unintentionally eating more or less than what you need, then yes, it's a game-changer. Otherwise, you have to guess, and estimates can be horribly off! Plus, they can indicate whether you aren't pushing enough, or too hard for too long (because that can injure you).
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have an Ft4 and accidentally jumped into the river yesterday with it on. Polar told no lie, it's doing just fine. It does say if in the water, don't press any of the buttons though. I would not go swimming with mine on purpose. It only claims water resistant:)

I love mine:)

Hmmmm...I really want to use it in an Aqua Aerobics class. Has anyone done this? Should I not?
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Okay has anyone seen the ft4 and the ft4f in pink? I am looking at them online and I want to get a pink one but the ft4f which is cheaper looks purple and the ft4 looks more pink but both are listed as the same color??? Anyone know? Message me if you can! I am a pink crazy person and I would pay more just for the pink!

ft4
    412VSDkTGwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ft4f
    41b2dpllIHL._AA300_.jpg
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have the FT 4. It's great!

alexis, I have the pink one, and it looks like your top picture.
  • mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The FT4f in pink is currently on sale on Amazon for $64.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M1P85O/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have the FT 4. It's great!

alexis, I have the pink one.

Does it look "pink" like the first picture or more like the 2nd?