Sugar???

Options
2»

Replies

• TeeA86
    TeeA86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I feel a little bit better knowing that I am not the only one that goes over. And I will monitor the juice, sometimes I just like something with a little more flavor than water....lol
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Juice isn't really healthy, it's just sugar with a few tiny fruit benefits. If you're going over on sugar then cut the juice first. Sugar is sugar, the source doesn't matter, fruit cake soda. Fruit at least has a lot fiber and micronutrients per gram of sugar.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Milk is a nutritional bargain. I'd give up the fruit juice and replace it with whole fruit, but milk provides so much for so little.

agree^.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Sugars that aren't natural, such as in fruit, aren't good for our bodies. They can cause yeast infections, bloat, and fat build-up. It's a big struggle for me, too, as I'm a big tea drinker and LOVE sugar in my tea!

Fruit isn't natural? What?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Sugar is sugar.

That being said, keep your calorie and macronutrient totals in check, use some common sense with food selection, and beyond that I wouldn't worry about sugar.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't worry about the sugars from the fruit but definitely from the milk and fruit juice.

^^ This

Why?