Food Addicts Anonymous??

Options

Replies

• erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Jillian Michael's diet pills just came out on the market. I read somewhere that the show allowed the contestants to use her pills the last two seasons. Who knows if they work or not. I was just curious if anyone had tried them
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I'm curious as to what's in them...?
  • Jenbabe402
    Options
    I did my 45 minute tape today and have been eating really well :wink: I do the same thing, I get lazy about tracking my food. I think when I eat badly one day, I feel like the day is wasted so I might as well wait till tomorrow to get back on track. And then tomorrow comes and I do the same exact thing and then I feel like a jerk :) Execising though, I gotta say I am really good about it. I make the time for it. But then I eat the calories away. So it looks like we all do the same thing!! Glad your all doing well today:) Keep it up! Me too!!

I do this too. When I have one slip-up, like fast food for lunch or a few drinks after work, I feel like I've ruined my whole daily log and don't finish it. Then I feel bad the next day because I know I'm only cheating myself, and it puts me in a bad mindset where I consider just forgetting about eating well and working out altogether.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I am back from vacation! I didn't binge but I also did not stay on the diet. I am not feeling guilty because I did pretty good with portion control. Tomorrow morining I wil weigh myself, I know I gained but not sure how much. I missed your posts and encouragement. 2010 should bring better health for all of us if we stick together!
  • sorjuana
    Options
    Food addiction is horrible. Most of my overeating is done to wind down when I come home from work at night. For that reason, I thought that joining fitness pal was a good idea because I can go to the website and write to people instead of eating.
  • sorjuana
    Options
    Many years ago, a doctor prescribed me diet pills. They were wonderful because they had the component that takes away your hunger and a light dose of an ansiolitic drug so the dieter doesn't get all agitated. I lost a lot of weight and very quickly. The problem is, I stopped eating so much because of the medicine and not by reeducating myself in eating habits. So, I gained all of the weight back and then some. There is no easy way.
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, Eava. We are here to help one another on our journeys. Cherry, that is a lot of stress going on for you. I am a teacher and I currently have five autistic students spread out over 6 classes (I teach elementary music). I have gotten to know their parents very well and yes, they are all trying to make sense of everything everyday. But it gets better. I recommend you going to a support group in your town/city. You will LOVE the human interaction with other family members of autistic kids.

Cherry, you have a LOT of focus on food right now - well, who blames you? Your life is topsy turvy. But you CAN and WILL do this, my friend. Start with a small goal, like for instance, every time you think of food outside of your regular meal time, drink water instead, or walk around your house - find something else to do. Try to get food out of your focus, even for three hours one day. Start small and watch yourself grow stronger everyday. And remember, we are here for you, sister! :flowerforyou:

Thank you for the vote of confidence! I'm having a real hard time getting myself going again, and I suppose being in the house for three days straight is adding to the shut in affect. I have class starting in a week, and being around other adults is a big help for me...so I hope that after next week, I'll be back on track. (If not before)
  • NurseMisty
    Options
    oh, and cherryred96, my nephew is autistic too. He was dianosed around the time he was 3, he is 12 now. It's still hard to communicate with him as well but he understands us. He still is considered to be on a 3-4 year old mentality level but he is very smart in other areas. It's very hard on my sister who, is also a nursing student, and her weight has fluctuated as well. You can do this!!! If you have gotten as far as signing up on this website, you are motivated enough to follow thru. I have "failed" countless times. I gained some weight back to but I refuse to get sucked in to my usual self hating routine. No more! One day at a time so if you have to start over each day it's ok :) There are worse things to worry about right? Like our health :) Happy holidays:)

Thanks for that! Something you said though really makes me want to cry. I'm terrfied of the furture of my son. I now that I have no control over what happens with my son, C, but I'm so scared that he will never be able to care for himself. I'm extremely emotional tonight, so it's probably not good for me to get into it....but autism really really really sucks. I wonder why God thought I would be a good mom to C. I wonder if he'll ever potty train, ever have girlfriend, ever communicate spontaniously, ever tell me he loves me. I try so hard to just get through the day that by the end of it.....I have nothing left for myself, my husband...nothing. I have one semester left of my pre-req's...then start the core in August. I worry if I'll be able to handle it all because I know that the program is going to be a long hard two years. How can I do it when I barely make it through the day?

Like I said, I'm in a funk tonight.....I'm glad you responded and mentioned your sister though. It's good to hear that other mothers of autistic children CAN and DO do it! I start back in a week. I can't wait to be with other adults again! Thanks again for your kind words!!!!
  • NurseMisty
    Options
    That is great advice, buggaboo! I never thought about doing a puzzle and I love them! Thanks for the tip!
    I went through that exact thing with my divorce - depression, huge weight gain. I, too, thought that food was making me happy. But it really isn't the FOOD that makes us happy - it's the control issue. After something as traumatic as a divorce, we feel out of control. We can control what goes in our mouths - we can't control things like divorce and stupid men (LOL - sorry guys, not all men of course). So we control feeding our void. But what I found out through YEARS of therapy is that I can also control what goes IN my mouth, and still get that great sense of being in control of my life. So now I am feeling MORE in control by choosing what I eat, instead of just eating to be numb. Does that make sense?

YES! It is control....well in my case it is. Thanks for pointing that out.....I never even thought of that! WOW! Your years of therapy just helped me!
  • NurseMisty
    Options
    I started playing the XBox and I tell you what, if you find a game you like, you can play that thing forever without once thinking about food!!! So I have decided to become a gamer LMAO. I just get a bottle of water and after lunch or dinner (depending on whats going on in my day) I will play for awhile before bed or while london is sleeping. Im hoping to get wii fit plus so I can do that instead.

I just ordered my Wii and it gets here Monday...I too have chosen to be a "gamer"...LOL! The Wii fit plus will be the next purchase!!
  • bluenote
    Options
    cherryred, you CAN do it and you WILL. Why? Because you have to. And we are here to feel your sadness and to celebrate your strength. Take it one day at a time. :heart: We lift each other up on this post. That is why I love it.
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I did my 45 minute tape today and have been eating really well :wink: I do the same thing, I get lazy about tracking my food. I think when I eat badly one day, I feel like the day is wasted so I might as well wait till tomorrow to get back on track. And then tomorrow comes and I do the same exact thing and then I feel like a jerk :) Execising though, I gotta say I am really good about it. I make the time for it. But then I eat the calories away. So it looks like we all do the same thing!! Glad your all doing well today:) Keep it up! Me too!!

I do this too. When I have one slip-up, like fast food for lunch or a few drinks after work, I feel like I've ruined my whole daily log and don't finish it. Then I feel bad the next day because I know I'm only cheating myself, and it puts me in a bad mindset where I consider just forgetting about eating well and working out altogether. I use to do this too. I have changed my mindset. It's the holidays, enjoy the time with your family and food. Yes, food. Have desserts or whatever you desire but have a regular portion. I use to ban certain foods and would always crave them. If I ate my "banned" food I would feel like a loser and throw in the towel. I am trying to eat what I enjoy and take control of it. If you have a bad day, stop the next day and Start again. No more excuses. You can do it. Believe me if I can change so can anyone else. Note to cherryred, please understand that we are here for you as zorahope mentioned. You are dealing with a lot of stress...take some time for yourself. Do you have a support group? I hope you will be able to find some strength to know that God chose you because you are what your son needs. The fact that you can talk about your frustrations, dreams and hopes is a huge step in helping yourself. We are here for you.:heart:
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    okay...I need to learn how to use the quotes. Half way through the above quote ismy response. I'm learning!
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yes I wake up with good intentions then something goes wrong and I start the feeding frenzy. Want to loose and have to get serious....
  • richardsrm
    Options
    No damage done on vacation. actually lost. I guess being busy was the key. I didn't think about food and of course the refrigerator wasn't available so I wasn't hearing it's big voice telling me to eat! LOL Anyhow good luck to all of you today.
  • sweetpea3333
    Options
    Hello everyone I am also a junk food addict... I could never leave food on my plate even if I was full, I am an emotional eater also. Now when I feel the urge to binge on junk its not as bad as it use to be, I eat fat free moon pies lol. Its still not right but its better then a lot of other choices I could make.

I use to be able to eat a whole pizza by myself.... still could but I don't anymore no matter how bad I want it. I know one day I'll have a bad day and eat a whole pizza or potato skins or lasagna but I'll be okay with it because I know thats only 1 day out of many many GREAT days. Dont feel bad about one bad day.... just look at it as a lesson you are learning from. Next time you want to binge on cookies think how did I feel least time I did this? It will help alot!
  • bluenote
    Options
    Eava, that is exactly how I felt this holiday season. I allowed myself to enjoy myself with small portions of "taboo" foods and I do not feel guilty at all. First time in my life that I don't feel guilty. Sure, when I gained I was bummed and mad at myself for awhile, but I remembered back to my decision to allow myself some treats this holiday and then I was OK with it. I used to always give up after a gain and eat three times more the next day. No more of that. A gain is just a learning adventure. Take what you need from it and leave the rest behind. Today is a new day!

Welcome, sweetpea! You are going to do great - you have a very good outlook on this. :flowerforyou:
    richard, welcome back! Congrats on the loss! You can do it! Let's make 2010 the best ever! :flowerforyou:
    njj, wlecome! Yes, you need to get serious, but allow yourself some wiggle room. God did not make us perfect. You have to get healthy for that adorable dog on your pic! :tongue:

2010 is our year, peeps. We are ALL going to conquer the beast! :bigsmile: :heart: :drinker: :wink:
  • nlflores
    nlflores Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Okay...so I fell off the wagon for the holidays! I gained 4 lbs back and I did not make my 20 lbs by Christmas goal. I have no excuse except that I really am a food addict!!!! SO that's behind me and I am beggining again! One of the biggest problems I have is eating out so my New Years resolution was to eat out no more than once a month. Wish me luck! Oh yeah and I am starting the Insanity program on Monday. I tried a few months back but I was not fully recovered from my C-section and I ended up hurting myself after 3 weeks. I am going to get through it this time though! It's only 60 days!
  • bluenote
    Options
    Congrats, nlflores, on making wonderful goals for yourself! :flowerforyou: What is the insanity program? (sounds like my job :laugh: )
  • richardsrm
    Options
    Another day........lots of temptation but I did pretty good. tough stuff having that refrigerator in the same house.......anyhow I will take it one second at a time.............thanks cherry!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!