Food Addicts Anonymous??

Options

Replies

• richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    ok, sixteen so far, the challenge will be at work. I have a good start.
  • butterfly09
    butterfly09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Toby and I have recently become addicted to food. I had always been very thin until I stopped smoking 7 months ago. I just can not seem to get enough to eat anymore. I keep saying that I am going to cut back on my portions and then when I eat it is a totally different story. I have a 5 year old daughter and after she was born I was right back in my size 4 jeans and loving it, now I am in a size 12 and hating it!!! I just can't seem to stay motivated to lose the weight and it is really starting to bother me. I need to just find that one push that will keep me motivated. Any suggestions from anyone out there, this weight gain is really starting to bother me?
  • tdbear
    tdbear Posts: 13
    Options
    Toby, It is great that you quit smoking. You and your child will benefit greatly from it. I wish I was a size 12 since I am double that but know what you mean about changing sizes and being unhappy. For a short time, it will be difficult to control your eating. Just deal with not smoking a little longer then go back to working on losing the weight. Your body will stabilize and then you will be able to lose weight again. Keep up the good work and do as well as you can with the diet.
  • butterfly09
    Options
    tdbear, thank you for the kind words of wisdom! :smile:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Toby, that is wonderful news about quitting smoking! I have a few friends who had the exact same "challenge" as you - after quitting smoking, they were always hungry. But after a while it all evened out and they got their hunger back under control. Join us in our 64 oz. water a day challenge for this week, and perhaps the water can fill you up.

I am getting close to the 64 mark! Only 12 to go! Well, we'll all be flushing those toilets tonight! :laugh:

Keep up the good work, water people!!! :flowerforyou:
  • richardsrm
    Options
    day 3 .........drank the water and stayed with the program. Thanks for your help.
  • butterfly09
    Options
    I will try the 64oz of water per day and let you know how it goes. Thanks!!!:smile:
  • bluenote
    Options
    That's the spirit, peeps! :happy: Keep on drinkin' that water! 64 is the goal!!! :drinker:
    Even if your day is the crappiest ever, if you drink the water, you will have one thing to be proud of - one thing that will make a big difference, too!!!
  • richardsrm
    Options
    Thanks for the post, missing 24 ounces.. I will start drinking now. sometimes I get so busy I just for get to drink! I went over by 100 calories today. sugar cookie iced added 180 calories............next time I will think a little bit harder berfore I eat the whole thing.!!!!!
  • Tigerlilly31
    Options
    Hi, My name is Tigerlilly and I am addicted to food.

"Having a food addiction is like having a pet Tiger... that you have to let out of its cage 3 times a day."

It has taken me 2 years to lose 51 lbs because of my addiction to food. All I can say is you have to come to grips with your love/hate relationship. If you eat too much one day, you make the next day count. I have 20 more lbs to lose before I hit goal... it may take me another 2 years, but I'm ok with that!
  • AHappyMe09
    Options
    Made the 64oz goal today (actually, made 72oz!)............. also had a great food day; a great thing, as last night was a hugely bad night.

Drink drink drink!!!

~L

BTW, welcome Tigerlilly!!! That is so great that you've lost 51pounds!!! I can't wait to get to that number!
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I sat in a meeting all day and had too much coffee. Didn't make it to 64 oz.!!! My biggest challenges are coming this week. Dinner on Sunday, Wine tasting on Wed., Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!!!I am going to try to bump up the exercise. :bigsmile:
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jen and I'm a food addict! I LOVE food. After so many years of my youth denying myself good food, I have spent the past few years indulging in the glories of a Fiance that can bake the best apple pie and makes the BEST homemade pasta sauce you've ever had. I too, eat when I'm bored, sad, mad, lonely, cranky, any adjective that ends in "y". I am SO glad I found this site. It has totally opened my eyes as to just what I'm eating and how much of it (holy moly were my portion sized WWAAYYY off)!

AND..... I saw this from a post back in October from Zebra....

Now, its a nice perk that we have a free cafeteria, but if I had to pay for this fudge everyday, I wouldn't and would probably at least be 10 lbs thinner by now!

Don't know if you are still eating the fudge, but if you are, how's about using a bottle of fudge topping as a guide (using ounces) and use the amount you pay per ounce for the bottle of fudge at the store to the amount you put in a bowl at work. For each ounce of fudge you put in a bowl at work, put the change you would've spent for the bottle at the store in a jar. Then, when the jar is full, see how much spare change you have....then think that all of that spare change isn't "spare change" around your tummy! So, in the long run you make money. A penny saved is a penny earned, afterall!!!!
  • richardsrm
    Options
    Wow, that is alot of one day at a time! Thanks for the encouragement. 53 pounds is an amazing amount of weight. I am taking the rest of the sugar cookies to work. Everytime I walk by them the "tiger" wants out!
  • bluenote
    Options
    I lost 3.5 pounds this week! :bigsmile:

How is everyone doing with the water challenge?
  • bluenote
    Options
    Well, friends, I have pneumonia. :sick: Went to the hospital today. I am hoping I can continue riding my bike. The docs said I could as long as I didn't feel out of breath.

Oh the challenges we face. :grumble: I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
  • richardsrm
    Options
    How awful, please rest! I hope you feel better soon, They say fluids are good! That 64 ounces will flush out the germs! LOL Take care , enjoy your sunday also
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    That stinks. My dad has had pneumonia 7 times, it really takes a lot out of you. Don't worry about the bike, just focus on giving your body what it needs to get better.

Makes me feel like kind of a wimp. My semester ended and I've been home for a week and useless. I haven't even had the motivation to track my foods, let alone get stuff done. Par for the course, though, considering how depressed I get around Christmas. I'm flying to New Hampshire tonight to spend Christmas with my boyfriend and his family and I hope that helps, because Christmas with my family means food EVERYWHERE and so much pressure coming from my mom that I just about eat myself into a coma. It's a huge relief to be getting away from her.
  • bluenote
    Options
    Sunsh1ne, just remember that it's OK to enjoy the food. Enjoy every single bite. Stop and think before you eat (like you always tell me :tongue: ), and try to make good choices. But forgive yourself if you "screw up" and get right back on the wagon. Every day is a new day, a gift from God. We as food addicts need to take it one day at a time. Yesterday's brownie stays where it was, in yesterday. Enjoy your bf's family and have a wonderful Christmas!

IS EVERYONE DRINKING THEIR WATER? TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR THIS CHALLENGE!!! :bigsmile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Hi everyone-

I have been reading your thread on and off. I'm not a "food addict" but I have some thyroid issues that aren't quite resolved yet (in fact, I just found out about them in the last few months) and they're certainly making me feel like I'm a food addict :ohwell: Often, I'm hungry to the point where NOTHING satisfies my hunger. I have never been overweight and am trying my absolute hardest to keep it that way. I started MFP in March at 153 lbs (I'm 5'7"), and got down to 140 by August. However, I'm not back up to about 153-155 :explode:

So, while I'm not a "food addict" I think I face many of the same challenges (with my thyroid issue)- feeling like I cannot control the hunger, etc. Would it be ok if I continued to read along, and maybe even joined in? Seems like you all have a very supportive group here! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!