30 Day Shred Before and After pictures and results!

Options

Replies

• briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people have to be so rude because they did really well at one program and prefer that program over anything else. Different strokes for different folks.. y'all need to relax.

I think the whole focus of 30 Day Shred is to decrease your body fat, not lose xx amt of lbs. Time and time again, people always value lbs over body fat.. everyone is different. I know my body is very muscular so I weigh more than most women. :)

I'm on Day 3 and I can already see my stomach getting a bit flatter and some definition going on.. I only care about changing my body fat % but thats just me :)
    I agree. I have done Chalean extreme and Turbofire and I enjoy 30ds. It is right wear I am as far as fitness goes. I do my elliptical to on occasion but killing myself with extreme and turbofire wasn't getting me results. 2 weeks of 30ds and I have already lost 1.5 inches off my stomach..I was doing extreme and tubro fire together and my elliptical without seeing much results. I sweated a lot and still didn't lose. I like taking it down a notch and building slower. Don't get me wrong, I love chalean and plan on going back but at this weight I seem to always get hurt doing the fast and hard program. Plus the difference is is this is a bigger, faster, stronger program and is aimed differently than Chalean. I am a former jr olympian and training with chalean hybred is just like training for the Taekwondo Olympics and not everyone needs that to succeed. If they did, p90 wouldn't work and it is just like 30ds and I have that one too.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people have to be so rude because they did really well at one program and prefer that program over anything else. Different strokes for different folks.. y'all need to relax.

I think the whole focus of 30 Day Shred is to decrease your body fat, not lose xx amt of lbs. Time and time again, people always value lbs over body fat.. everyone is different. I know my body is very muscular so I weigh more than most women. :)

I'm on Day 3 and I can already see my stomach getting a bit flatter and some definition going on.. I only care about changing my body fat % but thats just me :)
    I agree. I have done Chalean extreme and Turbofire and I enjoy 30ds. It is right wear I am as far as fitness goes. I do my elliptical to on occasion but killing myself with extreme and turbofire wasn't getting me results. 2 weeks of 30ds and I have already lost 1.5 inches off my stomach..I was doing extreme and tubro fire together and my elliptical without seeing much results. I sweated a lot and still didn't lose. I like taking it down a notch and building slower. Don't get me wrong, I love chalean and plan on going back but at this weight I seem to always get hurt doing the fast and hard program. Plus the difference is is this is a bigger, faster, stronger program and is aimed differently than Chalean. I am a former jr olympian and training with chalean hybred is just like training for the Taekwondo Olympics and not everyone needs that to succeed. If they did, p90 wouldn't work and it is just like 30ds and I have that one too.

That's amazing!! Keep it up lady!! :-)
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    the befores and afters of the shred usually aren't that dramatic. depending on your weight it burns 150-250 calories, which is around 2lbs lost in 30 days. it also is mostly cardio so there will not be noticeable muscle gains. big differences will be mostly due to the diet of the model!

it's a fun way to increase your fitness from ground level and get your heart active for 20 minutes a day, but it's not going to sculpt your body unless you diet strictly and do supplemental strength training.
    and way to suck the motivation out of someone who started the program a few days ago...thanks. btw, i think you are wrong. i have seen too many before and after pics that say otherwise.

Just an FYI, the chick slamming 30 DS it's apparently recovering from an ED, and based on the majority of her posts that I've seen, she still has one. Not tryin to be nasty to her, but I've seen her post some rather unhealthy/drastic advice.

But anywho, I started 30DS today after see all of the incredible results that people have posted from just doing the program one full time. The results of people who have done it multiple times all the way through are even more amazing. It definately works.

It does only burn about 250 calories, but I've noticed I'm not near as ravenous as I am after doing an hour of Zumba. Most people I've encountered that only do 30DS, without supplementing with anything else, normally don't feel the urge to eat back their exercise calories. So 250 calories burned is better than 500 calories burned when you end up eating 400 of them back.

Not slam YOU but you really shouldn't be assuming someone has an ED. You don't know her. As far as you saying you burn that many cals during JM's workouts. It's BS unless you are like 300 lbs. Only extremely overweight burn that many cals with such little intensity. Yes, I said, "little" intensity. I have all of her workouts and the most I burn is less than 200 with her measly 30 minute workouts. They are not very intense and there is too much time in between each exercise. I have done Insanity as well as other workouts and the only workout that has you burn that many cals during the workout is either Chalene or Insanity. BTW, I finished Insanity and got my tee. In case you were going to retort. Anyway, my point being, JM is not that intense and you do NOT burn that many cals unless you have several lbs to lose.

Every ones body and every ones burns are different. Glad you got the tee thou!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    the befores and afters of the shred usually aren't that dramatic. depending on your weight it burns 150-250 calories, which is around 2lbs lost in 30 days. it also is mostly cardio so there will not be noticeable muscle gains. big differences will be mostly due to the diet of the model!

it's a fun way to increase your fitness from ground level and get your heart active for 20 minutes a day, but it's not going to sculpt your body unless you diet strictly and do supplemental strength training.
    I respectfully disagree on the part about the results not being dramatic. I suppose that's one of those "in the eye of the beholder things. Shouldn't be, but seems to be. I lost 4 lbs & 4 inches doing the Shred. That may not sound like a lot, but my body was MUCH more toned. I followed it up with Ripped in 30 & I'll post one of my comparison pictures below that shows some of my results. I lost NINE more inches by following it with Ripped. All my results to date are listed in my blog.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mariposa224

7461823074_57be0e7e5c_z.jpg
  • mariposa224
    Options

Tried it yourself have you?
    It is an anarobic exercise. Not cardio. You are supossed to add walking or cardio to the workout according to jm on her website. The other workout like ripped in 30 and extreme shed and shred are 45 minutes and longer because you cover both cardio and stregth.

Ripped in 30 is only 30 minutes, thankfully. lol I actually really liked that one and plan to add it into my workouts again later.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the people saying it doesn't get results, they must be doing it differently than I did. I had pretty amazing results with it, especially in terms of gaining muscle tone. It's a good mix of cardio and strength, in my opinion. I'm a mom who works full time, so all my workouts happened after my son went to bed at night, and a short workout video was about all i had time and energy for at that point. The main thing that got me through it and kept me going? The fact that it is only 20ish minutes long. I cannot find one excuse that would justify not being able to fit in twenty minutes. It's over before you know it!

Wish i had a REAL before photo and actually took measurements, but sadly i didnt. :(

But here's where i started from after having my son:
    15968_1066055028393_1736576361_130749_1280549_n.jpg
    160lbs

and here is where i ended up, after doing Shred a few times (increasing difficulty each time)
    download.jpg
    125lbs

I was in a size 4 in that after picture at 125. I weighed about 123 few years prior (with no exercise), and i was a size 8/9.
    if you stick with it and make smart choices with your diet, you WILL see results, I promise.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

and way to suck the motivation out of someone who started the program a few days ago...thanks. btw, i think you are wrong. i have seen too many before and after pics that say otherwise.

Just an FYI, the chick slamming 30 DS it's apparently recovering from an ED, and based on the majority of her posts that I've seen, she still has one. Not tryin to be nasty to her, but I've seen her post some rather unhealthy/drastic advice.

But anywho, I started 30DS today after see all of the incredible results that people have posted from just doing the program one full time. The results of people who have done it multiple times all the way through are even more amazing. It definately works.

It does only burn about 250 calories, but I've noticed I'm not near as ravenous as I am after doing an hour of Zumba. Most people I've encountered that only do 30DS, without supplementing with anything else, normally don't feel the urge to eat back their exercise calories. So 250 calories burned is better than 500 calories burned when you end up eating 400 of them back.

Not slam YOU but you really shouldn't be assuming someone has an ED. You don't know her. As far as you saying you burn that many cals during JM's workouts. It's BS unless you are like 300 lbs. Only extremely overweight burn that many cals with such little intensity. Yes, I said, "little" intensity. I have all of her workouts and the most I burn is less than 200 with her measly 30 minute workouts. They are not very intense and there is too much time in between each exercise. I have done Insanity as well as other workouts and the only workout that has you burn that many cals during the workout is either Chalene or Insanity. BTW, I finished Insanity and got my tee. In case you were going to retort. Anyway, my point being, JM is not that intense and you do NOT burn that many cals unless you have several lbs to lose.

I'm not obese, and I burn that much. I just recently started 30DS, but I average around 260 calories doing this workout. (I use a HRM) Just about as much as I do if I run for 30 miniutes. I weigh 168 lbs. I've been working out regularly (running, Zumba, strength training, etc.) for about 3 months now, but I'm still not in "great" shape.. but not terrible. My heart rate averages around 140 during the workout.. so that allows me to keep a good pace and continue to burn calories. I like it.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options

Tried it yourself have you?
    It is an anarobic exercise. Not cardio. You are supossed to add walking or cardio to the workout according to jm on her website. The other workout like ripped in 30 and extreme shed and shred are 45 minutes and longer because you cover both cardio and stregth.

I've just started it, but Ripped in 30 is only 20 mins, well 24 mins including warm up and cool down - its very similar to 30DS.

But I agree with other posters, I lost 9 inches from 30DS and calories counting on this site and noticed a BIG difference in my body including more muscular arms and legs. And my friend who got me into it has lost 27lbs from just doing 30DS and Weight Watchers - she looks amazing!

Its not going to work for everyone, but it definitely works for some of us!!!
  • Hayleighs_mom
    Options
    Did you do this before or after insanity? If you did it after, I don't see why you did it. It is for beginners. It works great for me. I don't think it is suppose to be "high" intensity, and I think it moves very fast. I agree that it is for bigger people because they'll (me included) will see better results. I do think this dvd is great for people with busy schedules.
  • mariposa224
    Options

You can't make generalizations like that and be accurate. When I was doing the Shred, I used a HRM after the first week (when it arrived from Amazon) and I actually have recorded burns of at least 277 calories. No, they weren't like that ALL the time, but yes, I did have them that high. They ranged between about 180 & that 277. So it is possible that someone who is not extremely overweight (unless you consider a 160-ish lb female who is 5'5" tall to be "extremely overweight") could burn the 250 calories per workout regularly if they work hard at it.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the people saying it doesn't get results, they must be doing it differently than I did. I had pretty amazing results with it, especially in terms of gaining muscle tone. It's a good mix of cardio and strength, in my opinion. I'm a mom who works full time, so all my workouts happened after my son went to bed at night, and a short workout video was about all i had time and energy for at that point. The main thing that got me through it and kept me going? The fact that it is only 20ish minutes long. I cannot find one excuse that would justify not being able to fit in twenty minutes. It's over before you know it!

Wish i had a REAL before photo and actually took measurements, but sadly i didnt. :(

160lbs

and here is where i ended up, after doing Shred a few times (increasing difficulty each time)
    download.jpg
    125lbs

I was in a size 4 in that after picture at 125. I weighed about 123 few years prior (with no exercise), and i was a size 8/9.
    if you stick with it and make smart choices with your diet, you WILL see results, I promise.

Thank you SO much for posting this! I am 8 days in and I am FEELING results. I wasn't huge into exercising before so I feel the 30DS DVD is a great stepping stone to get me started. So far I'm loving it.

And i don't care what the previous poster said about it not burning calories... I can FEEL the burn so, yes, I believe I can justify the 180 calories burned per work out. And I think that is a decent burn for 20 minutes. I am also working in other cardio at least 5, if not 7, days a week along with the DVD.

I hope everyone who is doing 30DS or thinking about doing 30DS does it and keeps with it. It feels great to keep going!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with level 2 (two more days!!) and did measurements at day 1 and day 15 (feel free to take a peek at my profile for the details). I'm pretty small to begin with, especially since I focused on diet for a solid 4 months before getting back into exercising. I had basically become skinny-fat so I got into 30 DS to fix that. In total, I'm down 12 inches so far at the halfway point. I'll measure again after 30 days.

I take a rest day when I need it and supplement with yoga or stretching most nights since the stretching on the DVD is almost nonexistent.

I've seen huge changes in strength and muscle definition (from day 1 where I literally face planted in a sad attempt at a pushup to now when I can do a couple dozen modified or about a dozen non-modified pushups). I'm also noticing my posture is better and, combined with the yoga/stretching, my flexibility is getting a lot better.
  • sazzydee1
    Options
    Can I ask what equipment you need for 30 DS? Thank you.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options

Handweights and a mat if you are working out on a hard floor, and that's it!:smile:
  • sazzydee1
    Options

Handweights and a mat if you are working out on a hard floor, and that's it!:smile:

Thank you!
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options

160lbs

download.jpg
    125lbs

Thank you SO much for posting this! I am 8 days in and I am FEELING results. I wasn't huge into exercising before so I feel the 30DS DVD is a great stepping stone to get me started. So far I'm loving it.

And i don't care what the previous poster said about it not burning calories... I can FEEL the burn so, yes, I believe I can justify the 180 calories burned per work out. And I think that is a decent burn for 20 minutes. I am also working in other cardio at least 5, if not 7, days a week along with the DVD.

I hope everyone who is doing 30DS or thinking about doing 30DS does it and keeps with it. It feels great to keep going!

yes, exactly! i never really worried too much that i wasn't burning hundreds of calories. I knew i was doing a good thing for my body and for my health, and i could FEEL it (and the results were my proof that it was working.) Besides. I'm only 5'3" and don't weigh that much, so I NEVER have huge calorie burns, no matter what. Even when I eventually started adding in a couple days of jogging per week to supplement the 30DS, I would still only burn 250-300 cals or so, on a really good day!
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Measurements...weighed in at 171.4 this morning and took 5 key measurements for an inches total of 155.25. Here's to lower numbers by Sept 1st! Looking forward to dusting off the Jillian DVD later today. :)

I'm sorry, but that must be a typo. There is no way someone is going to lose 155 inches in less than 2 months. (not even if one is extremely obese)

It's not a typo. Read it again: those are her total starting inches, not how many she's lost or plans to lose.
  • jpipes17
    jpipes17 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chun_li_legs
    Options
    I sweated buckets while doing level 1 (along with other exercise videos from youtube) and I'm already on Day 2 Level 2. can't say I'm pushing myself as much as I did level 1 (time constraints), but I'm getting there. can't wait to be super sweaty again, ha ha. it's great to see the weight go down. I've honestly noticed my legs becoming more muscular--my lower thighs, really.

good luck everyone! >_<
  • Hollyjd1019
    Options
    I LOVE JM workouts. There are a lot of factors that determine how many cals you'll burn. It takes more to move a bigger body. I use a hrm and I weigh 239ish and I am 5'4". Depending on how hard I work and if I use heavier weights, I've bured up to 400ish on level 3 of 30ds. I would average 300ish. It is all about what you put in. If you put in a 5, you'll get a 5. But if you put in a 10, you'll get a 10. I usually eat back most of my exercise cals so I feel like my burn is pretty close bc I continue to lose weight. I am a working Mom and her shorter workouts are perfect for me. I have several of her DVDs. I think Ri30 is a bit harder than 30DS. But they are terrific workouts for any fitness level. You can modify for beginner and advanced. Use lighter/heavier weights. Do it however and you will burn a great amt of cals for a short time! And I have a lot better muscle tone since using JM DVDs. I still have a lot of fat to lose so you can't see it all the time but you can def feel it. And I'm much stronger and fitter!

Good luck to you op! And everyone else as well! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!