you might be a RUNNER if....

Options

Replies

• camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    all day at work you can't stop thinking about the new running shoes you just bought but haven't tried yet... (til tonight)

I'm sitting here spam refreshing the UPS tracking page because I absolutely MUST get my new Newtons tonight. If I have to wait until Monday to get them, I'll go nuts.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if...

You go shopping for a new dress and you come home with twice as many running items than everyday clothing. This happened to me on Saturday, I bought new sports bras, running shirts and shorts and even a running skirt. (Not so sure of the running skirt, but we shall see how it works out.) My husband just laughed when I started pulling stuff out of the bag, I'm like, look at this one, it has a pocket for my ipod, and look at this one, it has reflective tape, and look, this sports bra matches these shorts... :laugh:
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if...

You go shopping for a new dress and you come home with twice as many running items than everyday clothing. This happened to me on Saturday, I bought new sports bras, running shirts and shorts and even a running skirt. (Not so sure of the running skirt, but we shall see how it works out.) My husband just laughed when I started pulling stuff out of the bag, I'm like, look at this one, it has a pocket for my ipod, and look at this one, it has reflective tape, and look, this sports bra matches these shorts... :laugh:
    I LOVE my running skirt! I bought it for a half marathon Super Woman costume and it my fave running item... who am i kidding i love ALL my running stuff! although be prepared, i usually run in booty shorts and a sportsbra but that skirt w/ a tank had me beeped at more than ever lol

(you know you might be a runner when it's 3pm at work and you go back to the "might be a runner" post because you wish you were running)
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options

(you know you might be a runner when it's 3pm at work and you go back to the "might be a runner" post because you wish you were running)

Got sucked in again! What makes it worse is that work is slooooooow right now :(

I suppose you might be a runner if you've committed certain shoes/shorts/shirts to specific running days, but working late/ business trips have thrown off your laundry schedule and running without the norm drives you insane!
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    - you have different shoes for different distances, weather, and terrain

- you use the word "only" and others find it inappropriate

- you've glared at a kind spirited supporter for using the phrase "almost there" with 5km to go
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if this is your idea of the ultimate vacation:
    http://www.cruisetorun.com/caribbean/index.html

If only you could convince ANYBODY to go with you! :ohwell: :grumble:
    (I've had this bookmarked for years!)

OMG, just looked that up -- now I'M going to have that bookmarked for years!! :love: :love:
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    If you look at your running app online and just by the mileage you can tell the route you took...
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You've worn your favorite running shirt so much that it can actually do a morning run on its own.
  • BarbACona
    Options
    Love it!! Thanks for posting :)
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Daylight saving annoys you because it gets light out later and later. I don't like running in the dark.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if.... you feel like a Gold Medal Olympian when you beat your own best time on the treadmill.... :happy:
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    You see someone running while you are riding in your car and wish it was you.

:embarassed: (all the time)

Me! All the time!

You might be a runner if you get excited about planning a new route on RunKeeper.

You might also be a runner if you get funny looks running through the street because you're red-faced, sweating and panting.
  • losingitforsummer
    losingitforsummer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If your vacation plans are focused on running events (half & full marathons)

when your running shoes cost double or triple the amount of your wear-everyday shoes and you shake your head when try to explain to non-runners why, they just don't understand!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    ... you go on vacation and plan not to run BUT the "itch" hits you so you go out and BUY new gear JUST so you can go running on vacation. True story.
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ....."shoe shopping" means the local sporting goods store, not Macy's.

New running shoes are the best! ;)
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    you might be a runner if the 5ks you pay and go to are an inspiration to you and you help someone get through their first (happened at my 3rd 5k)

you might be a runner if the new pair of running shoes you bought about a month ago are already dirty

you might be a runner if you can't sit still and you think about running further everyday, even on rest days
  • BarbACona
    Options
    I am just starting running and got up at 5 today to calculate how long it will take for my run so I can still be ready for work and not be late when I return on the 14th!
    So you know you are a runner when you get up before daylight on a day off and you don't mind! :)
  • wood2415
    wood2415 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you run even while on vacation.

You might be a runner if while on vacation you discover you've left your running shoes at home but you run anyway.
  • BarbACona
    Options
    Yup, I already feel this way as I injured my knee first time out before I found C2K5 program. Now I am feeling better and trying to take care of my body better especially the knees. Stay healthy and injury free :happy:
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    you get upset about injuries because they keep you from running, not because you have actually damaged your body.

I actually cried a little last week after bruising the bottoms of my feet and couldn't run for a few days