30 Day Shred. Calories burned in level 1??? :)

Options
2»

Replies

• twinkleton
    twinkleton Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am 135 pounds and 5 foot 2" - I burn between 105 and 130 - hope this helps!!
  • ericthirdrow
    ericthirdrow Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a 260 pound male, just looked and it would have me at 314 calories burned for 20 minutes of general circuit training, does that sound right? Or maybe a little high?

20 minutes of running (12 min mile) is also 314 for me right now.
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I generally log it as 20 minutes of vigorous calithenics- it says 155 calories. This seems accurate which the research I've seen online- I'm 5"5 and 129lbs, but was extremely out of shape- I could barely get through the first few workouts! I imagine it's in the right ballpark, I am usually sweating and grunting and putting forth all my effort the entire way through. Sometimes I eat back my calories, sometimes I don't, but I am on day 7 today and seeing significant changes in my body for only having been doing it for a week. Loving it, and excited for Level 2... even more excited for day 30 when I get to see if my measurements have changed?
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Im currently on level 2 of the shred day 9 i use an hrm. It depends on how much effort you put down and who you follow, i follow natalie so i burn 245 for level 2 usually in 20minutes level 1 was about 175. Im 5'0 im 122 pounds.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    From my understanding, one may not lose a significant amount of weight doing this, BUT they WILL lose a significant amount of inches. So be sure to be measuring while doing this. I know I will!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 160's and with a HRM I burn between 150 and 180 depending on the day, level and effort. I think that's about right for 20 minutes.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm 174lb and 5ft. L1 burns 218kcal on my HRM when I'm trying hard. x
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I burn between 150 and 180 depending on the day, level and effort. I think that's about right for 20 minutes.
    ditto. it isn't only about WHAT exercise but also your effort. this range ^^ is where my HRM lands me each time.
  • twinkleton
    twinkleton Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM and typically burn between 120 and 140 per shred. I am 5'2" and weigh 131 pounds. Hope this helps :smile:
  • mosley_james
    Options
    I have a Timex HRM and from start to finish (Ive done the work out roughly 3 times now) it says I burn about 240-260 each time. Im 5'5" and weigh 140 pounds. I really think it depends how much youre putting in and how hard youre working. I know my heart rate was at 150 whenever I was doing cardio, about 70 on the downtime.

Honestly Im confused by HRMs - I dont know how accurate it really is but thats what Im going with. I know people say to knock off 20% of the calories burned because sometimes its so much higher.
  • ronads
    ronads Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just thought I'd update this thread with my own stats in case it is helpful to anyone.

I'm 5'4" 122lbs and run about 2 miles everyday.

I use a polar hrm.

Level 1 burned an average of 198 calories my first week.