What's so bad about bananas?

Options
2»

Replies

• Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a banana before the gym in the morning because I thought it was healthy, I found a piece of bread is less calories and less sugar and gives me the same energy.

But it's also less Potassium, less Vitamin C, B6, Manganese, and probably fiber =)

Doesn't matter, I eat nutritious foods all day.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Ok, I haven't eaten a banana since the beginning of september because of that stupid blinking add. Just got around to looking into if bananas are bad or good for your diet (when trying to lose weight). We always have them in my house. My husband eats one a day and my girls split one a couple times a week. I liked the article cited. But I especially like the comment about eating it before or after your work out. I think I might eat on soon now, and reintroduce it into my diet as I need more potassium.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That's just an advertisement. Ignore it. Bananas are good for you!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I love bananas but I can only eat them when they are green. A few brown spots and I'm done. :)
    THIS

A few brown spots means the sugar content is up, so they are yummier! *Lots* of brown spots means, time to make some bread!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have a banana for breakfast 3 or4 days a week. Bananas are fine...and very tasty.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Love bananas! Some people with sugar issues or on restricted diets can't eat them, or can only eat them in moderation, but the same can be said for many foods. I love freezing bananas and making a protein smoothie out of them.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    BANANAS BANANAS BANANAS!!!!

I love 'em.

I hate that ad. It is the dumb.
  • babysteps2skinny
    babysteps2skinny Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bananas are great! I am new to working out and trying to lose the healthy way, but all my friends that work out regularly eat a banana before or after working out. A year ago, I was on this very restrictive diet, in which I was only allowed milk and veggies (on alternate days). With in a few days, my legs started cramping up. It was due to a lack of magnesium, potassium, etc. I started having a banana a day and it worked wonders. The diet did not help me in the long run, but I started believing in bananas. :)
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    well i love me my bananas, there not bad, like for me bananas help with my cramps cause of the potassium and its good for if you get leg cramps, and some other benefits, some people just take things way to seriously. you just gotta do what works for you tho on your weight loss
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    No doctor ever looked at an overweight patient and said, "Clearly, you have been eating way to many bananas, cut back on the bananas"
  • slavenberg
    slavenberg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bananas are good - helps to prevent muscle cramps during exercise due to potassium content. If you are working out, it is a great pre-workout snack. It''s about all I can eat before a workout, otherwise I start to feel woosy and want to puke. Go for the banana. Sometimes I eat only half and then come back for the rest, so it feels like I am having 2 snacks...I have to trick myself like that, tho.