2 Fresco Chicken Soft Tacos from Taco Bell

Options
2»

Replies

• butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    It's fine in moderation. I tried them once and it took three to satisfy me. But I personally wouldn't eat them on a regular basis.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    So.....the burning of calories through exercise, do I "earn" extra mgs of sodium like I do with carbs, protein, calories, and fat? Like if I do go over the recommended calorie intake, can I burn it off?

No, your daily allotment of sodium stays the same (usually 2500mg) per day, regardless of how many extra calories you earn. This is because sodium does attribute to the calorie total. Calories are made from fat, carbs, and protein only, so when you earn more calories, only those three things are impacted.

What if you sweat it out? I go to Bikram yoga so I take in extra salt

I don't have any knowledge about this, but this is what I read (so take it with a grain of salt-though lots of people seems to trust this website)...

Sodium Needs and Sweating
    Most people do not need to ingest extra salt to replace sodium lost through sweat. The 1.5 g a day adequate intake for sodium is sufficient to meet the needs for sweat losses in adults ages 18 to 50 who follow a balanced diet and get recommended levels of physical activity, according to the Institute of Medicine. However, individuals with excessive sweating due to intense levels of physical activity or exercise in humid climates may require more than the AI. Daily sodium intake should not exceed the upper limit of 2.3 g a day, however.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/498324-do-i-need-extra-salt-when-i-sweat-a-lot/#ixzz22JIP6e00

Another site I was looking at classified "intense levels of physical activity" as those who are ultra-endurance athletes in training and competition, so I'm thinking that you probably don't need extra due to hot yoga, but I'd consult your doctor to know for sure.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If I go to Taco Bell as a "treat" I sure as heck am not going to get Fresco tacos.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Their hard shells are lower in sodium and if I'm not mistaken also lower on carbs.
    And lower in calories. Also tastier, in my opinion.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    If I go to Taco Bell as a "treat" I sure as heck am not going to get Fresco tacos.

^^^this
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    It's not a bad meal, especially for 300 calories. You could probably add something else (side salad) to it to make it more filling. The only thing with most fast food snacks is, even with low calories, they usually don't have enough fiber or protein to keep you full for long, but it's always good to know what you can grab on the go if you have to that will help you with your calorie/macro goals :)

I like Eat This, Not That! from Men's Health and have used it a LOT, I used to eat out for lunch all the time... not nearly as nutritious or filling as making your own, but fast times call for smart measures...
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I prefer Del Taco myself but these will suffice in a pinch.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Good example of healthy options at fast food joints! I also go for the Fresco!!!

My thoughts exactly!
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The sodium is high, I'm assuming you don't have time to make your own meal. Just go for it, and work it off later when you can for now if that's all you can do.

I would come up with my own recipe that is similar to Taco Bells and make enough to take with me for lunch. YUM!

That is exactly what I did and it was delicious. The pico de gallo is what makes it, in my opinion.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    300 calories is fine for a meal, IMO.

Keep in mind that you can have a "real" chicken soft taco for only 20 calories more each. While the fresco menu sounds great in theory, it really only saves you the cheese calories on things like tacos. I'd rather have the cheese!
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just wash it down with a bunch of water and enjoy!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Damned right. I'd get the Doritos Tacos Loco. Whoever came up with that is a freakin genius.