Calories left at the end of the day?

Options
2»

Replies

• skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    No...people need to break the habit of eating because they can. Eat when you are hungry, stop just before you get full.
    Since you were underneath a healthy calorie level however I would've opted for some cottage cheese or perhaps ONE slice of bread with peanut butter. But there's no need to force yourself to eat 400+ calories whatsoever.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am regularly under my calories but rarely 1000+. I might have to try the protein shake idea. 500 of the cals were exercise calories so I was not too worried about them but I don't want to sabotage myself by not eating enough
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I don't eat unless I am hungry, especially with exercise calories.
  • scas01
    scas01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If this is only an occasional deficit, then it's not a problem. If you're under by that much on a regular basis, you may want to reevaluate what you eat during the day to pump up your caloric intake.

I agree with you, the point is to track what you eat and do and find problem areas - if you have any - and fix them. I'm usually under when I start a new routine then after a few days I see about how how much I am under and re-adjust my eating habits during the day. I try to not eat much at all after 6pm since your metabolism slows down when you are sleeping that's why I re-adjust what I eat during the day.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I eat so that I am NOT hungry. Once you are hungry your chances of overeating are MUCH higher. Plan out your day, measure your portions, and stick to your plan. If you have calories left over, especially more than 200 I would eat them!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Last Night I was left with over 1000 calories left at bed time so I ate a couple PB&Js even though I was not hungry. What is right thing to do in this situation? Eat when I'm not hungry or Go to bed with 1000+ calorie deficit?

Your body doesn't need them before midnight. Besides, if that was because of a big workout, it may actually need more the next day, at least before the next workout.

So be willing to be in the green say 500 calories, and tomorrow be in the red 500 calories as you balance it out.

Or, if you are sure the workout is going to happen, eat that slightly bigger lunch and snack for at least half what you expect to do, eat the rest later.

Ditto's on the advice to NOT wait until you are hungry. You know the body needs extra nourishment for whatever you put it through, feed it what it needs, don't wait until it's screaming for it.