HELP! i had coffee for breakfast...

Options
1235»

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Why not actually eat a well balanced breakfast and enjoy your coffee?

Maybe she likes to save her calories for later in the day when she's actually hungry...:laugh:

Or beer and liquor
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I had half a cup of coffee and worked out for 80-minutes. THEN I ate breakfast.

I know I'm doing it all wrong. ;)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    OK Jules, between ruining your body(think of the purpley thong), and advocating high school bullying, I am seriously reconsidering our friendship. You had better PM me some kind of fantastic explanation for all of this, pronto!!:bigsmile:

Actually i just wanted you to look at me eating my banana.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    OK Jules, between ruining your body(think of the purpley thong), and advocating high school bullying, I am seriously reconsidering our friendship. You had better PM me some kind of fantastic explanation for all of this, pronto!!:bigsmile:

Actually i just wanted you to look at me eating my banana.

NOM!!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I had half a cup of coffee and worked out for 80-minutes. THEN I ate breakfast.

I know I'm doing it all wrong. ;)

You're not doing it wrong unless it hurts. Unless you like it to hurt, then I guess you're doing it right!:wink:
  • July121980
    July121980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank the heavens for this post. I had no idea I was doing it wrong either by drinking black coffee and eatting a banana. Gosh, now that I know that is wrong I am just gonna have to drink Mountain Dew and eat snickers in the morning. Phew! This healthy eatting just got easier. No wonder I only lost 3 pounds last week....I bet I will lose more now that I know the truth!

Too Funny....BTW....I had coffee for Breakfast too...if I have anything more than that before I work out I will get a sick stomach during my workout.

Then again, since coffee and bananas are bad....maybe exercise is too?!?!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Then again, since coffee and bananas are bad....maybe exercise is too?!?!

This is 100% correct. A friend that someone knows said they saw it in a magazine once.
  • July121980
    July121980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You know I think I saw that magazine article. LOL :drinker:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal, so I tend to eat "alot" (100-290 calories).
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I haven't had breakfast in 8 weeks, I usually just have coffee, plenty of water and a protein shake on days I lift. Hasn't slowed me down at all.
  • missindepndnt86
    missindepndnt86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You know what this thread reminds me of?

Last year, my niece made the mortal mistake of accidentally farting during a speech in her high school english class. Some of the girls in her class made a Facebook fan page completely dedicated to making fun of her. It got shut down pretty quickly, of course. But still...this reminds me of those high school girls and their stupid followers.

EXACTLY. Glad I'm not the only one thinking this way... :indifferent: :noway: :huh: :yawn:
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Options
    I usually have coffee but I also have a protein shake and toast. Just make sure your eating something so your not starving by lunch :)
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    This thread reminds me of that time my neighbor lady asked if I'd help her shovel her driveway.

I was all like BISH, I AINT FINNA SHOVEL NOTHIN.

Then she grabbed some window cleaner and sprayed me in the face. I ended up urinating on her daffodils.

So yeah, good thread.

Burst out laughing at work. THANK YOU.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Stupid Chiquita banana bish, here she is dancing around with her thin little midriff all exposed and thit (don't tease my lisp) prancing around making me think bananas were good for me... I'm so glad I read this thread, I now know why I got fat. *gasp* I just realized something those dang things are white! must now go read post on white foods being the devil.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    lmao!!!
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You'll prob gain some. But if you take a good dump later or tomorrow, it will even out

good idea. BRB!

Take your phone with you so you can MFP from the bathroom.

I do this. As I'm pooping. TMI!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I had coffee, now it's 1:30 and I'm having lunch. Uh ohs guess I'm screwed, anybody got metabolism jumper cables??:tongue:
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different. I know that I won't DIE if I don't get my breakfast and have ONLY coffee...sometimes I get so busy at work that I don't even get a chance to eat. All I know is this: I'm less than pleasant if I DON'T eat something by at least 8:30 am. But I cannot eat earlier than 6:30 am, or I am starving by the time lunch rolls around. And sometimes I forget to bring a snack.
  • TwoLeft
    TwoLeft Posts: 1
    Options
    Just in case you are not trolling........

^^^^^ Clearly you haven't done much in the way of research. As we sleep, our metabolism slows down and burns energy must slower, simply due to not being fed for more than 8 hours. When we get up, the body is somewhat shocked by action and if not fed, will not release the necessary energy to burn fat since the body is survival mode thinking we are starving.

Some research such as this:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2405717
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10837292

.... would indicate that your 8 hour figure is off by at least 40 hours.

Studies show that people who eat a healthy breakfast lose and maintain weight better than those who skip breakfast

But you should note that the studies that show this indicate that people who eat a healthy breakfast are less likely to overeat. You should also note that studies in which energy balance is controlled do not show a significant difference in weight loss. This is because energy balance dictates weight change, not the timing or frequency of your meals.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

Diet induced thermogenesis is not frequency based, and your body is a whole lot smarter and resilient than you give it credit for. Some research would indicate that you can easily fast 24 hours (probably 48-60) without detrimental effects on metabolism. Whether or not you'd WANT to do that is a different discussion.

Thanks for this information. I get that this is a joke thread but some of us don't know all the facts about weight loss and things like "survival/starvation mode". I don't necessarily have a ton of time to research everything there is to know about this stuff, so I pick up things as I go. It kind of sucks to stumble upon a thread where someone claims something and everything rolls their eyes and laughs at them. I wouldn't call what's going on in this thread "bullying" necessarily but it's certainly what I'd label as "elitist".