Ladies: How much do you gain around that time of the month?

Options
I generally make it a rule not to weigh myself 3 days before or into my period, but out of curiosity, I did this morning. Of course, I was a bit bummed out to see I was 3lbs heavier than my last check-in....

Replies

• blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    3-5 lbs. is normal for me. Then it goes as quickly as it came, thankfully.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Four pounds, last time I checked. Two options I would recommend:
    1. If normal fluctuations are going to bother you, don't weigh yourself until it's over. Or...
    2. Weigh yourself every day to see how your body responds to different situations. It may be easier to accept if you can see what's happening.
  • rhaven15th
    Options
    That's normal and about the same as me, but I am sure everyone is different. Don't let it get you down though, once you are over it you should be at the weight you were before or even less. :D
  • omgiacobbi
    omgiacobbi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Mine fluctuates a LOT. Sometimes I won't gain anything, and there have been times where I've gained almost 10 pounds. My TOM just ended yesterday, and I had gained (and now have lost) 4.3 pounds.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Enough to not want me to step on the scale.

Around 2-3 pounds.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    3-5. But I can also vary 2-3 day to day other wise...
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    3-5 pounds
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    3-5 pounds

Really annoying if you ask me.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    3-10 pounds. It usually is gone within a week of it ending.
  • NebraskaBBW
    NebraskaBBW Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    about 3 pounds
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    None, but I do get super bloated and my pants all get tight... i don't even understand that! haha
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Now that I've lost the weight, it's around 3 lbs. When I was heavier it was anywhere from 5-7. My doctor even gave me a prescription for diuretics for those days! I may use one every few months now if I feel really really bloated and yucky. My problem now is, I've got early onset of perimenopausal symptoms. . . Since May, I've been having a period every 10-12 days! Yippee!!! So my weight has been all over the map. This is the 1 thing I've not liked about being 40 thus far! :-)
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    3-5 pounds. It sucks, but it kinda feels good afterwards when you can fit into your pants again. LOL
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    3-5 :grumble:
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i'm up .9 on my 2nd day:( but, i knew better than to weigh myself! i have ballooned up as much as 7 lbs--which has fallen right off after i stop retaining water! for realsies!
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I gained 7 last month for about a week and a 1/2, then it went back down a little lower thanI started. I was shocked, that was way more than I ever had gained overnight from water weight. But this month it's only 3. Last month I think it has something to do with what I ate the day before, combined with the bloating/water weight.
  • mary_kate23
    Options
    3-5
  • Spitbubblr
    Options
    Generally 4 pounds :(
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I gain anywhere from 3-6 lbs more if I am eating salty foods.....just retains so much easier seems like during this time:(

I also heard that this is the best time to lose weight through exercise and eating right....for some reason you can burn more idk how that works sorry lol but I do know working out can help lose the bloat and other pms symptoms :)
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    3-5 lb