Ladies: How much do you gain around that time of the month?

Options

Replies

• shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I gain around 3 to 4 pounds. I hate weighing myself around that time. But it goes away quickly, thank god. :P
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    Luckily, nothing.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    2 pounds, but I feel like I gained 20. I try not to think about it.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I don't gain, my weight stalls.
  • crankyrobot
    crankyrobot Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I stumbled across this thread today, because it's about to be TOM and I've been so sad about the scale being up 3 pounds... This made me feel better to know I'm not alone!

that's why I posted it! I needed a boost!
  • om3guz
    om3guz Posts: 48
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself during my TOM, but I generally gain around 4 lb when I do. When I was irregular, I would gain up to 10 lb - I was more overweight then, too.

http://caloriecount.about.com/beat-water-weight-gain-b469360
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I guess I am weird. I either do not gain or I lose. It is strange. I do feel bloated during that time. It is hard not to eat more during that time. It is like my body needs more. I really have to watch it.
  • MsSheri82
    Options
    I usually gain between 5-10lbs. I hate it. I dont even count weigh-ins during that time.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    About 1 - 2 kgs, whch is around 2 -4 pounds and I am also horribly bloated.
    I keep a pair of larger jeans for that time of the month and I try to avoid the scale for 1 full week.
  • pashton2004
    Options
    I always drop right before and am up about 4 lbs during but it does goes away.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    between 1-3lbs.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    3-7 from about 2 weeks before i'm due to about 2 days after i get it.

some months less, some months more. there seems to be no rhyme or reason to determine if it'll be 3 or 7, so i just operate under the presumption that for 2 weeks of the month i'll be happy and feel good and have a normal appetite, and for 2 weeks of the month i'll be miserable, bloated, anxious, weak, tired, and ravenously hungry.

sometimes i can't wait to hit my mid 50's.
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I saw the scale go up 3lbs :x Boo
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    3-5 lbs! I do my best to avoid the scale during that time of the month! too depressing!
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    4lbs :(
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I refuse to even consider weighing myself during t.o.m. though I do know my stomach swells up between 1/2 to 1 inch n my thighs between unnoticable n 1/2 an inch lol...
  • Fatimah1104
    Fatimah1104 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    TOM always makes me gain about 5 pounds so I'm sure to stay away from the scale....
  • JessLov67
    Options
    Up to two to three pounds more for me, so no worries! Even if you don't feel bloated, always wait until after your period to be sure. :)
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Probably a couple pounds. Honestly though, since I got healthy, the negative side effects of my period are almost non existent. A little bloating beforehand, but cramps, fatigue, heavy bleeding, etc are all pretty much non existent now.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i actually drop right before...i drop insane...like anywhere from 8 to 20 lb drops in the week before and during the first 3 days...then in the last two days of my cycle, I will gain back 4 pounds (that's consistent, its always four pounds) and then it will level off...

Lauren