CHICKEN SHALL NOT BE NAMED

Options
124»

Replies

• lrkidd
    lrkidd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My hubby made a very valid point regarding this last night and just to make sure I had all my duckies in a row before I said anything, I did a little research.

Just so you know 29.5% of U.S. petroleum comes from Muslim countries.

According to the Muslim religion Homosexuality is the worst of any sin that can be commited. Believe it or not they actually refer to the destruction of Sodom and Gommorah in the Koran.

They penalty for the act of homosexuality is execution according to Islam law.

So here"s my suggestion....quit eating fried chicken, sell your car so as not to support Arabic countries, and buy a bike!

But wait!!!!!! Make sure that bike was not manufactured in ANY country that may have Muslim ties or you will be supporting hate by buying the bike....awe to heck with it don't buy a bike....just walk.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh get outta here with your logic.

Sorry.....Goes to the corner and sulks.....:frown:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    My hubby made a very valid point regarding this last night and just to make sure I had all my duckies in a row before I said anything, I did a little research.
    According to the Muslim religion Homosexuality is the worst of any sin that can be commited. Believe it or not they actually refer to the destruction of Sodom and Gommorah in the Koran.
    So here"s my suggestion....quit eating fried chicken, sell your car so as not to support Arabic countries, and buy a bike!But wait!!!!!! Make sure that bike was not manufactured in ANY country that may have Muslim ties or you will be supporting hate by buying the bike....awe to heck with it don't buy a bike....just walk.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
    Morally speaking, though, if you do not have a reasonable alternative when purchasing something, you cannot be held accountable. I do not think selling a car and riding a bike is a reasonable alternative.

Now, take Nike for example. They've been known to exploit workers in other countries. So, knowing that, morally you should buy other products because there are reasonable alternatives. To keep purchasing Nike when you know that about them, would be the problem.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    So here"s my suggestion....quit eating fried chicken, sell your car so as not to support Arabic countries, and buy a bike!But wait!!!!!! Make sure that bike was not manufactured in ANY country that may have Muslim ties or you will be supporting hate by buying the bike....awe to heck with it don't buy a bike....just walk.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
    Morally speaking, though, if you do not have a reasonable alternative when purchasing something, you cannot be held accountable. I do not think selling a car and riding a bike is a reasonable alternative.

Now, take Nike for example. They've been known to exploit workers in other countries. So, knowing that, morally you should buy other products because there are reasonable alternatives. To keep purchasing Nike when you know that about them, would be the problem.

There is always an alternative, saying other wise is just excuses for enjoying the things you do.
  • macpatti
    Options
    There is always an alternative, saying other wise is just excuses for enjoying the things you do.
    I said "reasonable" alternative. Selling my car and buying a bike when I work 26 miles from home is not a reasonable alternative.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

So here"s my suggestion....quit eating fried chicken, sell your car so as not to support Arabic countries, and buy a bike!

But wait!!!!!! Make sure that bike was not manufactured in ANY country that may have Muslim ties or you will be supporting hate by buying the bike....awe to heck with it don't buy a bike....just walk.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

I wonder how many people boycotting the chicken place never even EAT there?? We can be very convenient with our boycotting...cant we. :wink:
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    I said "reasonable" alternative. Selling my car and buying a bike when I work 26 miles from home is not a reasonable alternative.

Well if you would reflect your "true" values then yes it still is an excuse.

I support it! Unless it impacts me then **** it!
  • Jessika_Lynnn
    Options
    I heard Chuck Norris eats there every sunday.

Bahahaha (:
  • macpatti
    Options

That is false. It is not even reasonable to think I should ride a bike to work because the gas for my car comes from a Muslim country.
  • fiveohmike
    Options

That is false. It is not even reasonable to think I should ride a bike to work because the gas for my car comes from a Muslim country.

So is boycotting someone else because of their religious beliefs...
  • macpatti
    Options
    So is boycotting someone else because of their religious beliefs...

I didn't boycot the restaurant that shall remain nameless because of its owner's religious beliefs. I didn't go there yesterday because of the associations they've been funding. Some of them promote hatred and ignorance of homosexuals.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who named their Thanksgiving turkey 'he who shall not be named'. It exploded in the oven. She's still not sure what went wrong...

Bahahahaha.......

I remember reading an editorial in my old college paper some years ago. The husband said that for their first Thanksgiving as a married couple, his wife made a turkey. Or rather she tried to. She stuffed it with unpopped popcorn and the turkey exploded in the oven.
  • StilleNacht
    Options
    Waffle fries! Waffle fries! Waffle fries!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options