Replies

• Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    These are great...need to read later tonight
  • careyayn22
    Options
    I also count steps

I also repeat I'm strong, I'm strong, I'm strong...
  • hunnybrose
    hunnybrose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    These are great! I don't really do anything except try to convince myself that I'm not going to die. I think I'll try one or two of these today and see how that works for me :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Mine is "You're not getting home any quicker by walking!"

During races, I think, "The sooner I finish, the sooner I can pee!"

I never have the urge to urinate while just out running by myself. But EVERY time during a race, I feel like my bladder is going to fall out.
  • kfrat22
    kfrat22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I used to row on a crew team, our coxswain used to tell us "You're a viking, and vikings don't get tired." It's silly, but when I start hitting the wall, I just think "I'm a viking, and vikings don't get tired"
  • orangebreeze
    orangebreeze Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    mine are so lame: "one foot in front of the other". I used this running in high school and use it now that I have started to run once again. Also, the guitar solo part in the begining of the DMB song "Drive In Drive Out"
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yeah...mine's very profound: Do.Not.Stop.
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    Bump for later :3
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I will not die.... I will not die....

One more mile....

*kitten* you wind.... (or other weather conditions of choice)

I'm not really the zen type, when running.
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    It depends on my level of desperation :) Usually it's "just keep going another 5 minutes" - that does the trick when I'm not quite in my happy place. When I'm REALLY dying I like to say to myself "remember when you couldn't run even 30 seconds? yeah! so waht the hell have you been doing the last 45-60 minutes. RUNNING NONSTOP!" - that works like a charm ;)
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Get it done.

Your'e not dying

And I swear a lot at things I'm mad at and think I won't stop until I'm not mad any more. Some days it takes a while! Swearing is very cathartic.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    **** **** **** **** ouch son of a ***** ****!!!!!!!!!!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have two . . .

"Move your *kitten* fat girl"

and

"He'll never catch me again"
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I haven't run in a decade, so I'm new again. Currently my mind looks like the Batman TV show but with different words.
    umpf-thump-ou-bam-crap-*kitten*-wam!!! in a 4-4 beat.

Hopefully soon it will revert back to my service days and simply be a 4 count breathing in and a 4 count breath out. concentrating on the beat was always trance-like. I just hope there is enough sports tape and neoprene to get me back to that point.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've done 6 marathons and on the first I had this song in my head, I forget by whom but it went along the lines of

"kkkkeep on running, kkeeep on running, there's no place like home, there's no place like home"

On training runs of 24-26 miles I kept repeating (out loud, Iooked like a wally, but who cares) " STRONG, SLOW, STEADY"

And I count. A lot, either just 1 2 3 4 or up to 100 or anything. Times tables, starting with 1x up to 12x. Got me up some long hills in half marathons
  • AlliH621
    AlliH621 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do TODAY what you won't - So TOMORROW, I can do what you can't!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    **** **** **** **** ouch son of a ***** ****!!!!!!!!!!

That's one of mine too. Interspersed with the aforementioned 'I will not die' and '*kitten* you wind'.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Mine used to be "I only run when chased". In fact, I hadn't run any kind of distance since middle school track (25+ years ago). I decided on Memorial Day that I was going to run a 2 mile July 4th race with my son, and I started training. I ran the race (finished in 19 minutes, which was faster than my training pace), and now I'm kind of addicted. I am doing 5k 3-4 times a week and plan to run 2-3 5k races in the fall.

Now my mantra is "Just Keep Running" (like "Just Keep Swimming from Finding Nemo, but since I'm not swimming...)

and

"Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" (Daft Punk)
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Hardest part is lacing up my running shoes.