In need of friends

Options
Hello.....I REALLY need some help!

I'm back after a spell of putting it all back on.... but i have a new goal for Christmas and new inspiration in the form of fit Olympians bouncing about all over the media!

I know what to do with food and exercise....i just crumble at the first glass of wine or high calorie "treat." I am 32, a single parent,...just miserably single actually. I find the evenings tough.... when the tv is boring, there is no one to talk to, the cupboards are full and the chiddler is in bed meaning i can't leave the house. Thats when i eat..., and eat and eat. Its all emotional, but standing up and declaring that out loud doesn't do anything to stop it.

I really could use some friends who will be tough on me, make me accountable, support me when i'm feeling like i can't keep it up. I can be very supportive in return, i won't be tough back, just sympathetic and a voice of reason.

xxx

Replies

• davids122
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you wish. I understand what you are going through. I too am a bit of an emotional eater when things are going bad I can certainly try and give you a bit of support and encouragement when you need it.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You can add me :).
  • Morevividthansunsets
    Options
    I'm a huge emotional eater and also a lonely single. I recommend lots and lots of gum, because you can't eat when you're chewing it.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    HI! feel free to add me! I'm silly though, so if you can't handle the awesome I suggest you don;t add me haha! BTW... your profile pic lerks lerk perp. <3
  • squeaky1423
    Options
    You are not the only one that eats when things get lonely/rough/upsetting! There is a good reason some foods are called "comfort foods". The key is not to have anything super fattening around the house - if it is there, all you need is a little weakness to cave in, then you feel bad later, etc. Been there, done that! For me, I love to eat at night, this is a big problem for me, since I am a "night person". It is fairly easy for me not to eat much in the morning, before 11 am or so, but very hard for me to not eat at night. Therefore, I think it's good to have low-calorie sweet snacks available for those moments of evening temptations, LOL. I find sugar free Jell-o snacks very satisfying, and the chocolate sugar-free pudding is good as well. Good luck, and stay strong! :-)
  • hunlun1
    hunlun1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there and I will be your friend, I have some of the same problems as you. I eat when I am bored also. So add me. I have gained and lost alot of weight through out the years. I am older than you, but I think we could help each other.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I know how tough it can be and would be more than happy to support you!
  • ageorge0329
    Options
    Hi I'm new here and could use some friends and support as well. I'm also a single mother and it makes it hard so totally get it. Haven't quite figured out how to use all the features on here yet so it may take me awhile to get up to speed. Hope to talk to you soon!
  • Dolphinlvr6
    Dolphinlvr6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :) Any of you. The more support we all have, the better!
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    You can add me if you like!
  • rwright716
    rwright716 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you can add me i just started on here and can use the motivation also :)
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me. I know that feeling of eating out of boredom or emotions. It sucks! Having friends on here is the only thing that has kept me going :-)
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am a huge emotional eater as well. I find that I can do SO good for a week, then everything goes bonkers for 2-3 weeks. That cliched one step forward and two steps back. I am here to help, though, if you would like to add me!
  • ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well! :)
  • marrizia
    marrizia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi- would love for you to add me (single mom as well.) I won't be tough, but promise to be supportive :)
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • rdelmonte27
    Options
    Hi, you can add me. I'm a single mom, too, and I know how exhausting it can be having to do everything yourself. Don't be too hard on yourself. Tomorrow will be better. :)
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :)
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.. I also have a soft spot to munch alot. I am home most of the time by myself and I get munchies in the evenings.. I try to eat healthy if I can at night and drink alot of water..:drinker: :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me if you want
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me. I like to add people who keep up with tracking so I can get ideas from your food diary. I track everything and need accountability as well. Anyone who keeps their diary current, especially with healthy foods, please add. :-)