Replies

• TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like :)
    I can help.
  • Tahneeleiper
    Options
    Anyone can add me aswell, Im new to this and could really do with the help and support and vice versa... :happy: xx
  • keeldrum
    keeldrum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've got no friends either, and evenings are my downfall too.

Please add me also. We'll fight those bad evening binges together!!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy to support and motivate you. I'm also an emotional eater, but exercising helps me to maintain my current weight. Feel free to add me.
  • crafterpaula
    crafterpaula Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hi there ! I can really hear where your at ! its tough when you get stuck at home , when my husband works all night i go out and visit friends other wise I would eat to! but if you want I would like to support you!
  • cshodges
    cshodges Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to friend me, welcome aboard!!
  • sheilarosella
    sheilarosella Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me..
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    Add me xx
  • staceface519
    Options
    Hello.....I REALLY need some help!

I'm back after a spell of putting it all back on.... but i have a new goal for Christmas and new inspiration in the form of fit Olympians bouncing about all over the media!

I know what to do with food and exercise....i just crumble at the first glass of wine or high calorie "treat." I am 32, a single parent,...just miserably single actually. I find the evenings tough.... when the tv is boring, there is no one to talk to, the cupboards are full and the chiddler is in bed meaning i can't leave the house. Thats when i eat..., and eat and eat. Its all emotional, but standing up and declaring that out loud doesn't do anything to stop it.

I really could use some friends who will be tough on me, make me accountable, support me when i'm feeling like i can't keep it up. I can be very supportive in return, i won't be tough back, just sympathetic and a voice of reason.

xxx

Im also a single parent and know the feeling. . . seeing all the gorgeous bodies everywhere really gives you motivation. . . you just have to keep in mind that to look like that u cant give in to those high calorie snacks. . or your just taking 3 steps back instead of taking a huge lunge forward. YOU control your body, not the other way around - a very wise female i have as a friend on here told me that and shes right. you are what you make of yourself and sitting around talking isnt going to make results. . push yourself. . have other push you and you'll once again be happy :)
  • Witney_a
    Options
    I am new on here and need suports as well. Anyone who needs some suport please feel free to add me. Thanks!
  • Bonnyr1971
    Options
    You can add me as a friend too. I am a single mom also and eat when i am bored too. We are all on this site to improve ourselves, and the more support we can get the better. Bonny
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!
  • brilaa
    brilaa Posts: 22
    Options
    hey I could use some friends as well so feel free to add me... support is a big deal here I see that I've been coming on for 5 days straight now I have 2 friends are my friends so far what is a very good because I who would have to meaningful friendship then a whole bunch of ppl in m my page and we don't encourage or chat..
  • chamusic357
    Options
    Chin up C_S :) Many of us here battle ourselves everyday with emotional eating, "I'll exercise tomorrow" syndrome, or the occasional (frequent) glass of vino rosso. Just a friendly reminder that we are all in this together, and as you can see from the numerous replies to your thread, we are all here to support one another. Please feel free to add me, and of course I welcome any other MFP friends to do the same :)
  • DJenks50
    Options
    Im new to this site and would love to be added to your list. It seems we all can relate to the same issues.
    Hang in there
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! Always on the lookout for more friends, and I try to be supportive, of course! :)
  • ktb1962
    ktb1962 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I'm also a singleton of two that battles the emotional eating. I'm here for anyone who wants and needs it!
  • scm7mr
    scm7mr Posts: 14
    Options
    You can add me!
  • lorene1701
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you wish!!

Just to let you know...I've been there. I had my daughter at 23, her dad walked out on me when he found out I was pregnant. I started eating then, and gained over 70 pounds during my pregnancy. I have never lost it. I have yo-yo'd around for the past 15 or so years. I know what it's like to be sitting around all evening with nothing really productive to do, except eat.

One suggestion is find a hobby you can do at home. One thing I used to do was photo albums. I started with Creative Memories and began working on my daughter's album when she was 5. That used to take a lot of time in the evenings. As long as I left the photos and tools out on my dining room table, I would continue to work on them.

I'm sure there are many other things that could keep your hands busy, but that was one I used. Now, I work evenings, my daughter is in college, and I have to get back on the "busy hands not eating hands" band wagon. I'm lucky now...I've been married 3 years, and my husband is taking this journey with me :)
  • nickyob03
    nickyob03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just started on this site this week and I also would love more friends! I'm a single mother as well and totally understand the emotional eating and all of the stress that goes along with being a single parent. Hopefully, we can help each other. : )