JOIN US! Sixers Heading into the Holidays - Starting 10/26

Options
124»

Replies

• marci_r2010
    marci_r2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi all.. I'm going to shoot for 12 lbs in 6 weeks. I have been steadily losing 2 lbs per week and I want to keep that mojo going. I considered 10 lbs, but I think that sets the bar too low for me.

oh, and nice to meet you all :)

Let's go sixers!

Marci
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I want to join also...I am going to shoot for 12 pounds also.
    RMcHan. I need help! I've been gaining /losing the same 3 pds for too long now! I'm over it! I'm doing something wrong and I need any support I can get for help. It's making me depressed! So I'm in!
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Hello! I figured I'd also introduce myself since we're starting tomorrow. My name is Alison and I'm 27. I finished law school in May and then took (and passed!) the bar exam in August. I have been overweight all of my life, and during my last two years of college and the two years I took off between college and law school, I lost 80 pounds. I was so happy, healthy, and feeling great. My first year of law school was tough, but I was doing Weight Watchers, and was able to maintain my weight. The summer after my first year of law school, I decided I need a break from "dieting" and now a little over two years later, I've gained back most of the weight I had lost. It was definitely a big disappointment, but now I've learned that there are no breaks. I have to be in control of my eating, and get as much exercise as I can, no matter how busy I am with the rest of life.

So, this time I'm tracking everything that goes in my mouth, but I eat chocolate when I want it, and I take one meal off per week as my free meal. If I can't work out, I just make sure my food is within my healthy calorie range. This was such a good time in my life to get back on track since I'm still looking for a job, which leaves me with a lot of free time to take care of myself. I'm really excited to be a part of this group. I've lost 12 lbs in almost 5 weeks, and this seems like a great place to get a lot of extra support during the holidays.
    Hi Alison,
    We learn so much from our setbacks. You learn a little faster than me! Congratulations for getting back on track! That takes a lot of honesty.
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Alison- While I was in dental school the last yr I slacked off of driving to the gym to SAVE TIME. LOL.... I gained over 40 lbs. I understand gaining, trying to reach your goal. I'm glad you are back to what you know works for you. I wish you the best and If you can lose 80 once you can definitely do it again.

Take care,

Tamm:flowerforyou:
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    I want in .... aiming for 12lbs loss in 6 weeks. Wohoo, I am sooo excited!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    newbies the new thread has been started for the week one challenge.

titled "Sixers Heading into the Holidays WK 1"

see you there......
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the new thread, Cathy. I'm sooooo not a morning person! :laugh:

Come join us on the new thread ladies!!!!!

• rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Start Weight/CW- 194.5 Goal Weight- 155
    for this Challenge- Lose 12 pds= goal 182.5.
  • bradybrookes
    Options
    Sounds like my kind of group! I'm a 55+ grandma, down 130 pounds with Weight Watchers. . . . but a bit tired of going to the meetings. . . . same stuff, different day. So here I am . . .

5'4"
    183 today