No more late night snacking August 2012

Options
dewdrop
dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
Are you ruining the efforts you've made during the day to eat clean and exercise by munching late? Are you turning dinner into the most important meal and snacking all the time until you hit the pillow :embarassed: ? Tired of it :grumble: ? Then join us :wink:.

We usually set a cut-off time for accountability. You may, but don't have to go cold turkey on food. Feel free to say "no more junk food past 7 p.m.".

Reporting is in the format:
Me: "times you won against snacks" - LNS: "points you lost"
For instance, if you did well until August 5, but then binged before bedtime, then the next morning the score is
Me: 4 - LNS: 1

Good luck, everyone! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kaitlynrs91
    Options
    well i lost tonight lol!! but ill try to do better tomorrow. ill say no more junk past 9pm for now.

ME:0
    LNS:1
    :laugh:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Me: 0
    LNS: 1
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I wanna do this! Didn't eat when I got home from classes last night.. so

Me:1

LNS:0

:drinker:
  • xiomya
    xiomya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I'll start tonight. That is always my downfall. I do well all day, then blow it at night.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Me: 0
    LNS: 1
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I am in, but I think I need to eat more during the day to avoid this.
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Options
    Me - 0
    LNS - 1

This is my biggest problem. I do great all day and lose it in the evening.
  • marypetro
    marypetro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me 0: LNS 1 On board tonight!!
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0

Thanks for starting the new thread!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Steph, you're baaack *hugs* :happy:

gmukris, you are welcome :flowerforyou:. Thank you too, not only for keeping this going, but also for setting such a wonderful example in July :love: .
  • JonieB
    JonieB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Late night snacking is one of my biggest obsticles and this was already one of my goals this month. :)

Me = 1
    LNS= 0
  • artsykris
    Options
    I'm in. I do good all day and through supper. Then it hits...last night was bad. Watching the olympics - mindless munching. So this is a definite must do for me. Thanks.

Me - 0
    LNS - 1
  • misstwistedshine
    Options
    MY BIGGEST PROBLEM!!!! i am totally in. hopefully this helps me be more mindful of my mindless eating :)

ME 0
    LNS 1

tonight I WIN for the first time in a long time!!
    Good luck everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,953 Member
    Options
    August is going to be a good month...I can just FEEL it!

Me: 1
    LNS: 0
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm in for my 3rd month.
    So far so good.
    Tonight I go to running club at half 7 so tend to need to eat something after (will eat a small dinner at around half 5) as my body needs to re fuel, but I won't count it as its fuel replacement not snacking (am I bending the rules :wink: )
  • _alix_
    _alix_ Posts: 4
    Options
    OMG! this is SO my problem! I get home from work around 4:30pm and my boyfriend doesn't get home from work until around 12am. It really throws me off! I am always up so I can see him before we go to bed and between 4:30 and 12 I snack. Mostly on candy to be honest :ohwell:

I am really going to try this! Have some accountability for my serious candy addiction!

Thanks for the GREAT idea!!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Are you ruining the efforts you've made during the day to eat clean and exercise by munching late? Are you turning dinner into the most important meal and snacking all the time until you hit the pillow :embarassed: ? Tired of it :grumble: ? Then join us :wink:.

We usually set a cut-off time for accountability. You may, but don't have to go cold turkey on food. Feel free to say "no more junk food past 7 p.m.".

Reporting is in the format:
    Me: "times you won against snacks" - LNS: "points you lost"
    For instance, if you did well until August 5, but then binged before bedtime, then the next morning the score is
    Me: 4 - LNS: 1

Good luck, everyone! :flowerforyou:

Thanks *Dewdrop* for starting the new thread. I tried in June to stay steady, but dropped out, and then got SERIOUS on July 13th (finding this thread)...and FINALLY trained myself to NOT Late Night Snack *YaY* I think you gave me encouragement that since I didn't eat all my calories for the day, something *healthy* that I reported eating after 8pm, was okay, because it wasn't a SNACK and unhealthy. ...I am glad the new thread is up, and that you gave me the format. I sure did a LOT of writing in July. :laugh: It is DEFINITELY a popular thread...and I am IN for August just to be ACCOUNTABLE. I've been eating my snacks BEFORE 8pm, and find it has been helpful with my weight loss. Being SOO near weight goal, the LNS'ing has been sabotaging tha... UNTIL THIS FORUM :drinker:

Wishing STRENGTH and FOCUS to all who have joined us this month! It has REALLY worked for me.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Me-1
    LNS-0

:flowerforyou:
  • shakey68
    shakey68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just like everyone else, it's this time that's so hard. I'll give it a try.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    debi, although I wasn't visible last month, I still had the topic in my list and had a look every now and then. I was so impressed by your commitment, by how well you motivated others (by example and in words), so I felt confident that this challenge will be kept alive even in my absence. Thank YOU so much! Together with gmukris, katemateg, beeps and the other ladies, you rocked!!! :flowerforyou: