Is Everyone Here On One Type of Diet or Another?

Options
Is everybody on this MFP on some type of diet or another? Are there many here that just eat what they feel like, exercise and lose/maintain weight in a healthy manner?

I've been dieting for just on 12 days (4 hour diet) and if I'm honest with myself I really don't enjoy it that much even though it is working. I've had bugger all to eat today just because I've been busy but I would really would just like to settle down with some banana on toast with a cup of milk milo for tea tonight but of course that's all off the menu on a low carb diet.

I work in a pretty physical job but I've been off work for the last 2 weeks and I'm not looking forward to going back to work as I know I'm going to be constantly hungry at work and out of a 8 hour day I will probably have 35 mins to actually eat (10/10/15 minute breaks).

I'm starting to think, eat whatever I want, work and exercise, keep my calories under the suggested MFP and all should be good?

What is everybody else doing out there?

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing a specific diet other than following the MFP recommendations for calories/primary macros. The only thing really special is that I have to reduce sugar for medical reasons, and I have scheduled treat days in order to avoid eating too much junk. But that is more of a "knowing my own psychology" thing than a diet, per se.
  • jeepgrl0603
    Options
    When I first started, I just logged in everything I ate but the loss was slow. I just recently tried the Food Lovers plan and it's working. It actually forces me to eat every two hrs by snacking in between meals so I never feel hungry. It is teaching me the difference between a fast carb and a slow one and how to eat the right portion to keep my metabolism in check. Good luck with your weight loss.
  • ericgAU
    ericgAU Posts: 271
    Options
    Before joining MFP I started my weight loss journey by doing the Fit for Life diet. I was put onto this by my personal trainer that I engaged to get me started. I did Fit for Life for 3 months and shed about 16 kg's.
  • kittyconni
    Options
    I go to the Metabolic Research Center and follow their diet plans.
  • nenyo999
    nenyo999 Posts: 21
    Options
    You should check out this site dietician.com. they have the best healthy body calculator and healthy eating food plan. the best thing about is that its completely free. i am so in love with the site.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I just eat whatever I want as long as it fits into my calorie and macro goals.
  • RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not following any diet plan. Just eating less, eating healthier and doing exercise.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

^This! :smile:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want but make sure it is accounted for under the MFP calorie allowance. I have lowered my carbs and upped my protein a bit. Also doing heavy lifting and small amount of cardio several times a week seems to be working well.

Don't think you need to "diet" just follow MFP guide lines and excercise. This is a lifestyle change that is sustainable whereas a lot of "diets" can be hard to maintain over the long term.

Good luck and I am sure you will see results.
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm making sure I eat a certain amount of calories but otherwise.. I eat whatever foods I want, but obviously things like ice cream and pizza are in moderation. Lots of good, natural foods all throughout the day! So it's not really a diet. It's how I'm going to eat forever, if I can do it :)
    I suggest eating that banana though, it's pretty good for you xD The only problem with low carb diets is, well... it may drop fast, but you need carbs!
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options
    I'm not on a diet plan or a diet! I always eat healthily and find that whatever I eat fits into my goals. I don't cut much out and eat (within reason) what I like. I have never been a big fan of unhealthy food so no diet plan required!
  • danimal5867
    Options
    I do not consider myself to be "dieting." I have simply changed from eating anything and everything to eating healthy. I read labels now before I buy my food. I check the nutritional facts before I order in restaurants. I make sure that I eat plenty of protein and fiber, and that I drink lots of water. The biggest change has been what I drink. I used to drink a couple of liters of Pepsi Max everyday. I no longer drink anything carbonated. Water, green tea, and muscle milk are my only beverages.
  • SJP9180
    SJP9180 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was doing Weight Watchers before and really enjoyed it, until it became samey. It was the same thing day in, day out. It worked, but I gave in to temptation after 6 months and have put 10lbs back on of the 21lbs I originally lost.

I'm now trying the low GI diet with calorie counting and I'm on day 4 and I have more energy already, I don't feel like I need to snack between meals (apart from fruit) and I've not craved a thing (despite my husband eating all sorts of sugary treats in front of me).

I think you need to find a diet that works well for you otherwise you may end up binging and damaging the good work you have worked so hard to achieve.

Tesco diets have a range of different modules that are tailored to your needs, job etc.
  • tas3980
    tas3980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'n not on a diet... I am just eating more heathily... I find it easier to stick to things I like as opposed to forcing myself to eat something I'm not excited about. At the end of the day though, don't beat yourself up if you want a milo and banana on toast for dinner, enjoy that meal and then make good choices for the next ones.

I have a treat day, once a week but sometimes it is just a day where I don't eat as much (still my healthier eating plan) as I am not always hungry. If I get invited somewhere I have what I like (and because I know I am on this journey for a reason, I stick with the ordering healthy options) so I don't feel like I am missing out.
  • KISN
    KISN Posts: 6
    Options
    I just started on here Sunday/Monday. I'm not following a diet - just logging my current eating/exercise habits. My plan is to log for about 2 weeks, go back and review my posts, then come up with a plan of how to modify what I'm doing now to help shed pounds. It won't be a "diet", but I'll eat in moderation, have some cutoff time for eating (i.e. 7 or 8pm) and I'll slowly increase the length and intensity of my exercises. I think of it as a lifestyle change (which imo lasts longer) than a diet (which i feel is more temporary). You'll find what works for you, as long as you do something.
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    For me it has been changing to a plant strong way of life(Engine2 Diet)(Forks over Knives) I don't like to say I am dieting, to me that means there is a stopping point, and then going back to the way I was eating before! I am doing a complete lifestyle change, by eating better and exercising on a daily basis. I want to be as healthy and fit as I can for the rest of my life! No going back to old habits.
  • mandimuscles
    mandimuscles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't diet. For me, that's a waste of time and I'll get off it eventually and gain all the weight back. It's all about the changes, healthier habits and less bad choices. Less food in general. Working out. Just listening to my body. It's sure working for now!
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

^^ this plus increased exercise

vvv as you can see it's working :happy:
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have to watch my fats & sodium intake but other than that I dont follow any special diet plan. I just try to make healthier choices but I do slip on occasion
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Not following any diet plan. Just eating less, eating healthier and doing exercise.