Give me reasons why I shouldn't binge?

Options
2»

Replies

• arachniagirl
    arachniagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    we shouldnt have to give u excuses as to why u shouldnt binge. u obviously know that u shouldnt or u wouldnt be saying anything in the first place. sorry but its the truth! u will feel like crap afterward.... does that make it better???

This - binging is a secretive thing. You either want to eat healthy and lose weight or you don't. I'm sorry but nothing WE say on here will give you the motivation you need. It must come from within YOU. Best of luck!!:flowerforyou:

She's just looking for a little support; I thought that's what this site was about? Most of us want to lose weight and be healthy, that's why we are here. We look for support from other members when our willpower is low, when we need a little push, or just to have someone in our corner encouraging us along the way.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    The acid from your stomach will rot your teeth when you binge. Its not worth it.

Choose healthy food in the first place and you won't even have to think about doing it.
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Give me reasons why I should! I can't think of any!
  • ruthiejewell
    ruthiejewell Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I did it last night and am still regretting it so so much. The takeaway and chocolate did give momentary pleasure but was as ever mostly disappoining in whatever I was expecting and for the rest of the evening and most of the night I felt so over full, sick, uncomfortable and was longing for my healthy food. Don't do it!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It is up to you what you do hon.

I would suggest you think of YOUR reasons for trying to stop in the first place.

Sorry you are feeling like this.
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Your stomach should be shrinking back to a normal size with no binging. If you give in, you'll stretch it all out again making you feel hungry more often:)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    we shouldnt have to give u excuses as to why u shouldnt binge. u obviously know that u shouldnt or u wouldnt be saying anything in the first place. sorry but its the truth! u will feel like crap afterward.... does that make it better???

This - binging is a secretive thing. You either want to eat healthy and lose weight or you don't. I'm sorry but nothing WE say on here will give you the motivation you need. It must come from within YOU. Best of luck!!:flowerforyou:

She's just looking for a little support; I thought that's what this site was about? Most of us want to lose weight and be healthy, that's why we are here. We look for support from other members when our willpower is low, when we need a little push, or just to have someone in our corner encouraging us along the way.

This is exactly true. However, being a past binger, I know that nothing anyone said, did, or showed in support would change the fact that I was going to binge. The ONLY thing that will change is when YOU decide to do this for yourself. In my case, I had all my family's support, friend's support, husband's support, etc. Nothing mattered when I wanted to binge - I just did it. It's deeper than just not having someone to support you. It's about finally coming to terms with what is most important to you. Maybe I won't succeed this time either - but today, this minute, I know that I am strong enough not to binge. I am strong enough to succeed TODAY. That's the support she needs. Within herself.
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I can only offer one reason. That terrible feeling just afterwards when you feel you've let yourself down.

This. You have to decide which you want to feel -- mega cravings or mega guilt. It's been a constant battle for me lately too.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Starving children.
    How can you eat so much when they're are children out there that can't even eat enough to sustain themselves?
    You can't be as hungry as a third world country.

...You can even go a step further and with all the money you save from not over-eating and give it to starving children. Save the world one calorie orientated goal a day.
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Starving children.
    How can you eat so much when they're are children out there that can't even eat enough to sustain themselves?
    You can't be as hungry as a third world country.

...You can even go a step further and with all the money you save from not over-eating and give it to starving children. Save the world one calorie orientated goal a day.

I'm so glad I befriended you. I would have re-requested you again after this post <3
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I d rather offer solutions then just saying "no, dont do it!"

Try eating some fruit or veggies
    Drink a protein shake or something healthy but filling -I love the yoplait chocolate banana smoothie mix in the freezer. It is only 260 calories prepared with milk(130 per serving, 260 for all), I usually add a tbsp on peanut butter though. Its as yummy and cold as a milkshake without the calories (My normal breakfast)
    Try going for a walk or exercise
    Are you thirsty? Sometimes when I think I'm hungry I am actually dehydrated
    Watermelon is so low cal and you can get super full on it

sorry to edit