Anyone else excited about Mars?

Options

Replies

• portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    NO! Not the candy bar!

Curiosity Rover is set to land on Mars on Sunday and we will finally know if there is actual water in the ice caps. I'm so geeked out! I've already cleared my schedule for Sunday to watch it live!

I mean If they have ICE caps... Which we know they do, Why would we not think there would be water in them? Would we think the ice caps are made out of something else? Like Alcohol or something?

I volunteer to go to Mars if this is the case...

LOL AWESOME
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    :noway: OMG! Great we just finished polluting the earth and made it our dumping ground now we want the universe also. Seriously where is the limit!
  • pitbulllover
    pitbulllover Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't get how people think football is more exciting than searching the universe.
  • portalm
    Options
    ^^Football in space EVEN BETTER!
  • pitbulllover
    Options
    :noway: OMG! Great we just finished polluting the earth and made it our dumping ground now we want the universe also. Seriously where is the limit!

Scientists are generally pretty green. We'll leave the polluters here.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I don't get how people think football is more exciting than searching the universe.

Attention span. Searching universe takes decades, watching football only takes up your entire life
  • taunto
    Options

Charlie-Sheen-Winning1.jpg
  • portalm
    Options

Charlie-Sheen-Winning1.jpg

The second this happens, We will be the Ultimate race! Just saying!
  • MountainManMatt
    Options
    You must be a Science Channel nerd like me... haha. I will try to watch it live, but I will definitely be keeping up with the news that is sure to follow.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    YES! I am super excited. It's going to be one of the most incredible moments for science in my lifetime, you bet I'm watching :).
  • pitbulllover
    Options

Attention span. Searching universe takes decades, watching football only takes up your entire life

Time is relative. Decades on earth you mean. And if we can go fast enough, "time" slows down. Which means we can travel farther.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options

new Olympic Sport!

We will leave all the people who want to continue to drill for oil, dump crap in our oceans, and kill off species for land here on Earth!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options

Time is relative. Decades on earth you mean. And if we can go fast enough, "time" slows down. Which means we can travel farther.

Once that happens, I swear we better name the ship TARDIS!
  • IntoQuestion
    Options
    OMG Curiosity landing OMG OMG... I don't know if I want to watch it life, though, the seven minutes until the landing is confirmed will probably kill me. Oo
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I didn't know. Cool. I will be watching the women's marathon on Sunday :)
  • taunto
    Options

You forgot to say

original_image.png?1294691379
  • portalm
    Options

Time is relative and it has something to do with the gravity of the earth or something. now that being said, traveling at the speed of light, you will travel for a set amount of time, Decades will pass on earth while it will see like mere months to you.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm totally geeked out and excited about it! I just heard about it in my newspaper 2 days ago, and can hardly wait to see what information this new rover, provided it lands safely, shares with the world. This is another step in the direction of eventually (hopefully!!) colonizing Mars, and the sci fi nerd in me is flailing with glee and anticipation.
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am going to go watch the Rover landing on IMAX. So excited!
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Space football! I'd watch it!

Yes, I am very excited for this. Call me a nerd if you like, but I think Star Trek got it right when they called space "The Final Frontier'. So much of our world has already been explored, and its wonders discovered and documented (we'll just ignore the benthic, abyssal, and hadal ocean zones for now lol). Most break through discoveries these days are being done through a microscope or with particles that can't even be seen. I think its fascinating that we have the ability to do more exploring, and I am so excited to see what discoveries about space are made in the future. Space is huge. HUUUGE. The distance from Earth to Mars is practically meaningless when you look at the scope of the whole *universe*. There's gotta be some pretty neat stuff out there.