Most embarrassing "fat" moment....

Options

Replies

• DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Mine was right after I had gained my "freshman 15" (more like 30) in college and worked at a summer camp with little kids. One day we went to the pool and 3 of them kept poking my tummy and asking if I was pregnant and why was I so "squishy." :grumble:
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    There are so many! Luckily I have a sense of humor! The most recent was when I was outside sitting in one of those cheap plastic white lawn chairs that you buy at Walmart and when I stood up it came up with me. I was wedged so deeply into the chair it was stuck to my butt!

LMAO!!! This has happened to me too!
  • Tlopez428
    Tlopez428 Posts: 115
    Options
    I've had many fat moments. From getting called pregnant....to grabbing a size of jeans that you think fit and think are a big enough size, but turns out they are still too small. :(
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The day I couldn't fit on the roller coaster and had to send my baby brother who was 8-9 years old at the time ALONE on it by himself.

This was my first one. I got to a point where my husband could "squeeze" me into roller coaster seats by a lot of pushing on the harnesses. One day he just couldn't get the harness down enough. They took me off the ride, and he insisted on getting off with me, and I told him to go ahead and ride. What's worse is that had to release everyone else's harnesses to get me out of the seat, so everybody knew.

But the defining moment that happened to me was that I had tried getting pregnant for almost 6 months. I couldn't, so I visited my doctor, and she told me I had to lose 50 pounds before she'd even CONSIDER giving me fertility meds because of my weight.

I've actually lost enough already that I am ovulating for the first time in my life, but I don't ever want my weight to be an issue again, so I've put off getting pregnant until next July and I'm working on getting my body right before then.

Good for you though :) it's good to make yourself healthy for a child.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I was walking up the three flights of stairs to my apartment and getting winded every time. Seriously, I couldn't walk up 20 stairs without breaking a sweat? Ugh, that was mortifying for me.
  • Racaronga
    Options
    My boss confessed today that when drunk he told his wife she had "sausage" legs. All I can say is I'm amazed he's still married.
  • RunninSD
    RunninSD Posts: 36
    Options
    Truthfully....having sex for the first time with my skinny boyfriend...I felt so fat... AND seeing all of the photos at the last family reunion a year and 40 lbs ago. Its easy when you have clothes on and there's no one to compare yourself to (in photos).
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've had lots.
    But I think the worst are things like when the guy you like says "I like your personality..."

LOL, that's the worst!
    At least if they're from strangers you don't know them or care about them.
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    The day I couldn't fit on the roller coaster and had to send my baby brother who was 8-9 years old at the time ALONE on it by himself.

This and add that I had to get off the roller coaster and everyone was staring!

been there, done that. my fiancé rode all the cool ones with the friend we went with and it was so awful. i LOOOOVE roller coasters.

i wanted to go back this summer to prove to myself i've done it and i can fit again now, but i've been too broke. *sigh*
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    I was taking a walk around my neighborhood, and a guy driving past yelled out the window "Go on a f***ing diet fatso" at me

I think the OP was talking about your most embarrassing moment, not some *kitten*' in a car.

I had that happen and YES it is embarrassing....No matter where its coming from.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of moments...the first one I was at a buffet and went to sit down and one of the legs on the chair bent backwards and I fell over on my back...then had a real hard time standing up from the floor. I couldn't even stay to eat...I just walked out.
    The second I was walking into a home improvement store and as I'm going through the turn about it got stuck on me...some customer says hey fatty go through the cart side it's big enough for you...I wanted to chase him down and beat the sh@# out of him but would have died trying.
  • pashton2004
    Options
    Having my friend tell me she had a hard time finding a bridesmaid dress that flattered because I was the only plus size person in their bridal party.
  • aweltha
    aweltha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    was told "we don't carry your size in this store" when I was shopping with a friend.

That's a nice way for retailers to say that my dollars aren't welcome there. Even better is when the sales clerks direct me to the "plus sized section" which is really the corner farthest from the front of the store with three styles of blouses covered in large flowers, sequins, or appliqued snowmen. Occasionally there may be a pair of jeans that I might consider. Problem: either size 14 or 28 nothing in between. Nothing.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I think mine was when I went to the mall with a couple of my friends. They just started getting all girly and wanting to find dresses for the summer. I haven't worn a dress for years and felt decent in it. The first girl got a dress and she's pretty average size. Some might say chubby, but she can fit in a large in a normal store. The second is about the same, but her weight is proportioned differently. She went into American Eagle and fit into something. Then they kept looking at me like "aren't you going to try something on?" I just said I didn't see anything I liked... but didn't want to say "I couldn't even fit in the largest size they have here" Same thing happens every time I go with them, and each time it's more and more embarassing.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    I was on a date (years ago) we went to a concert, we were late. We couldn't find ANY parking, so finally we found a spot we had to park real close to another car. He got out and walked around to my side. I couldn't fit out the door, I climbed into the back seat to try the back door, still wouldn't fit, we had to go find another parking spot, and that took like 15 minutes. I could tell he was irritated. I wanted to D I E E E E E E E E E E.

I still get embarrassed thinking about it, Omg! Depressing.
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My mom and I rode on the Space Ship ride in Fantasy Land at Disneyland years ago. She and I got on fine, but we couldn't get off the ride when it finished because we were squeezed in so tightly!

It seemed like 5 or 6 minutes before we were able to pry ourselves out - THEN we head towards the exit of the ride to take the elevator down, and EVERYONE ON THE RIDE WAS IN THE ELEVATOR WAITING FOR US!!!! Oh my goodness I wanted to die right there! They had all been watching us the entire time!

Another time was during Lent, and I made a comment to my boss that I wasn't fasting for Lent. He looked at me and said, "Obviously!" I had admired him so much and was so hurt and humiliated. That comment caused me to lose over 60lbs back then though! Jerk!
  • shuga_shay
    shuga_shay Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bumping into people from work and school who think that I have kids (yes plural) because I have gained so much weight and they think the pictures of my niece and nephew on facebook are actually mine.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

This and add that I had to get off the roller coaster and everyone was staring!

been there, done that. my fiancé rode all the cool ones with the friend we went with and it was so awful. i LOOOOVE roller coasters.

i wanted to go back this summer to prove to myself i've done it and i can fit again now, but i've been too broke. *sigh*

I'm too broke as well. Last time I went, I had lost 9 pounds, but still needed to ride in the "bigger seats"

This past time I went, I was with just my nieces and nephews. It made me cry because on the first ride, they ran to the front row line, and I stayed back at row 4, the larger seats row. They begged me to come up front with them, and I explained that I can't fit. One by one, they all joined me at the larger row, but I could tell they were pretty dejected, and I was too. Having to admit that to 8-13 year old kids, really sucks.
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    Truthfully....having sex for the first time with my skinny boyfriend...I felt so fat... AND seeing all of the photos at the last family reunion a year and 40 lbs ago. Its easy when you have clothes on and there's no one to compare yourself to (in photos).

I completely understand.....When hubby and I first got together he was 5'10 and 130 lbs....I was 5'2 and 200 lbs....I was always afraid I was going to break him lol
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    The first one that popped into my head was when I was in 4th grade and they did all of those physical tests, one being weight. I got mine back and another kid had looked over my shoulder and shouted out in front of everyone "She weighs 110 lbs!!". I already had body issues befor that, but this was the start of my lifelong weight issue in my mind. I'll never forget that.

It's also why I tend to be a bit strict on what my son eats. He's a big kid and I don't EVER want him to have to go through that.