Most embarrassing "fat" moment....

Options

Replies

• Sparkle3131
    Options
    When I could almost not do up the seatbelt in the airplane and hubby had to use his muscles to pull it together :( Of course I cried out of embarrassment! Flying again in January and I will NOT have that problem again!
  • Becky3701
    Options
    Before I started losing weight, I was at the hospital visiting my grandpa. A volunteer who drove the little shuttle thingy to the front door came to me as I was walking across the parking lot, and asked me if I needed a ride to the MATERNITY section of the hospital...I was so mortified I wanted to die!! I would say that was my defining moment...I will never be mistaken for pregnant again! Ok, your turn!!!

^^^^^
    I was looking at strollers with my 1 year old when older gentlemen (innocently) laughed as he pointed to a double stroller
    and said "Your gonna need one of these soon!"
    I didn't tell him I wasn't pregnant. That was my wake up call.
  • jetsmaw
    jetsmaw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was in hospital last week, the doctors were desperate for me to have a blood clot on my lung (FWIW I had a chest infection) and the doctor asked me if my legs had always been that size. Embarrassment didn't hit me until later when I thought more about it.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was on a date (years ago) we went to a concert, we were late. We couldn't find ANY parking, so finally we found a spot we had to park real close to another car. He got out and walked around to my side. I couldn't fit out the door, I climbed into the back seat to try the back door, still wouldn't fit, we had to go find another parking spot, and that took like 15 minutes. I could tell he was irritated. I wanted to D I E E E E E E E E E E.

I still get embarrassed thinking about it, Omg! Depressing.

why didn't he just back out let you out then pull up into the same spot? It may have been your embarrassing "fat" moment but it wasn't a great moment for parking strategies either. I've had to do this not because of being fat but because sometime people can't stay between the lines and the only spot left just barely holds the car.

I suppose I should tell mine now... restaurant booths were my bane, I had to turn down the only seats left because I couldn't fit between the table and the booth seat and wait until a table opened up.

I thought the exact same thing about him just backing out!! You may have been the big one, but he was certainly not the brightest crayon in the box.
  • kay930
    kay930 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can't wear my wedding ring either. I think it upsets my husband a lot. :(
    My biggest fat moment was at work a customer asked me if I was having another baby. I told her no I already had my baby about 6 months ago and then she told me I should be breastfeeding because it helps with the weight loss. I was sooo red. I wanted to die!
  • Curvy_princess
    Curvy_princess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My son and daughter on the same day told me something..at different times. My son told me I had two butts :o( and my daughter asked why I had two bellies.. Super heart breaking..and I know they said it so innocently..
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    I met my boyfriend's best friend, she looked straight at me and said "Oh, she's not your usual type".

I got turned down a bar job because I didn't have "The image that the bar was going for".

My friend's little brother asking why her legs aren't as big as mine (He's 6)
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The day I couldn't fit on the roller coaster and had to send my baby brother who was 8-9 years old at the time ALONE on it by himself.

This and add that I had to get off the roller coaster and everyone was staring!

This totally just happened to me at Knott's Berry Fram, one of the reasons I joined MFP
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    When both my uncle and my grandmother, in front of everyone, asked very genuinely if I was pregnant... I had to ask them if they truly thought I would let them find out by getting a look at my belly instead of calling them first... Irritating!!!! One of my goals is to only look pregnant when I AM pregnant! LOL
  • julietfayexo
    Options
    Sitting in an airline seat and desperately trying to reduce the size of my hips so the guy next to me wouldn't have to touch me. Of course, I failed. Poor guy. He was miserable the entire trip.

don't cry you're making such good progress!!
  • miamoe15
    miamoe15 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The pregnancy thing has happened to me on more than one occasion. :-/ That's the worst. My other humiliating "fat" moment was when my grandmother made a comment that I must have gained all the weight that my mother has lost. Rude... still haven't forgiven her for that snide remark.
  • rhiannan1991
    rhiannan1991 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was taking a walk around my neighborhood, and a guy driving past yelled out the window "Go on a f***ing diet fatso" at me

People can be so cruel :( Something like this happened to my sister
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sitting in an airline seat and desperately trying to reduce the size of my hips so the guy next to me wouldn't have to touch me. Of course, I failed. Poor guy. He was miserable the entire trip.

this^ I never want to fly like that again. Where I live now requires you to fly or take a boat to leave town so I have extra motivation now.

This is my most recent, also. In February, I had to fly and only had the option of a middle seat. The two others in my row both looked at me like 'omg, not a fatty'. The seatbelt fit without an extender, and the arm rests went down although they were a tight fit. I had already lost about 7 lbs by that point but still sucked in as much as possible for the next 2 1/2 hours.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    In 7th grade when one of the boys called me fat in front of the entire class. I ran to the bathroom and sobbed. I have also been asked many times if I was pregnant....when I wasn't. But people are STUPID. I was asked how far along I was after I finished teaching spin. I wore a size 6 jeans at the time. I always say, 'if the baby isn't crowning...DON'T ASK!"
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    When I went to Great America and was told "I'm sorry ma'am, you can't ride this." Ouch.
  • MandaKayMakesIt
    Options
    Two really stick out:
    1. Went to my cousin's swanky wedding, and sat down (as I usually do) on the edge of the rickety wood slat chairs. Yep, that chair broke, I fell to the ground, and as the sound echoed through the giant marble library, everyone turned to gasp and stare.
    2. On a flight for work, I was booked in the middle seat and couldn't change it. sandwiched between a big (not fat) guy who was decent the entire flight, and a middle-aged business jerk who I saw out of the corner of my eye, texting his wife about how he was "stuck next to this woman who is so huge..."
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    A couple of things - I was walking past my neighbors house and their 3 or 4 yr old son - ran up to me and yelled - 'You're Fat'. I just walked on. then my niece when she was 4 called me fat! My poor sister had a huge conversation with her and felt so bad for me. Today my niece (13ys) is my biggest supporter in my lifestyle change.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I went to the doctor and the medical assistant was asking me about high blood pressure and diabetes and all that stuff. I answered no to all of them thinking that I was pretty healthy. She got down to a box that said obese and marked it. I always thought I was chunky, bigger, "curvy" but no, I was OBESE and I felt like crawling into a hole. :sad:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I got mistaken for being pregnant more times than I could count.

But the worst one came when I actually WAS pregnant. I was about 6 months along, and not once, not twice, but TWELVE times I was asked if I was having triplets. Granted, my son ended up being 10 lbs 6 oz (because of genetics, not my fat *kitten*, thankfully) but jeebus, it was the worst. My hormones were already making me cry during the crappy soap operas that I used to make fun of, so yea, thanks for throwing that one on there too guys.
  • JxInspire
    Options
    It wasn't really that embarrassing for me, because I was extremely drunk at the time, but a friend and I who is bigger than me were at a McDonalds next to a bar we had just come from. This man walks up to us and basically tells us to not eat here because we are fat. My response was to scream about how he was stupid because it has taken him over five years to finish his undergrad (as he told us before calling us fat) and to take a large bite out of the bacon cheeseburger I was eating. Apparently everyone was staring at us.