Most embarrassing "fat" moment....

Options
1252627282931»

Replies

• Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Trying on pullover type sports bra in dressing room, and getting *stuck* in it....
    it was so twisted up and I couldn't untwist it to get it on the rest of the way
    OR off......and and to add INJURY to INSULT.......I pulled a shoulder muscle in the process

I went thru the gambit of emotions from wanting to sit and cry, to being SO utterly pissed off @ myself

EXCEPT I will say........

that same moment was the final straw for me.......the catalyst that drove me to
    finally decide I HAD to do something besides
    have another pity party and eat a bunch of junk, feeling sorry for myself once again.

The next day, I found MFP.........

that was 655 days ago.

I ♥ MFP and I love my MFP friends- those who've been with me the whole journey,
    and the new ones I'm looking forward to cheering on and learning from as well!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I know I have many but hard to think of and a few just hard to post. I think all of my nieces and nephews have made comments when they were little but I laugh it off and tell them they have a big butt or a big mouth or tell them it is not very nice. I remember being 3-4 years old and watching sesame street and learning opposites and walked up to our elderly neighbor and telling her that she was old. She said she wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the day. She wasn't serious but I felt bad especially since I had thought I was so dang smart for figuring that out. So I give little kids a break lol.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    The moments that really stick out to me are...

1) When I was told in like 10th grade that I'm too fat to ride the roller coaster and was forced to get off in front of everyone.
    2) This popular girl in 8th grade asked me what my jean size was and I thought 24 was good at the time and the girl laughed at me when I told her my size.
    3) People voted me as runner up for homecoming princess in 11th grade as a joke to try to poke fun at me even more.
  • Jem_Girl
    Jem_Girl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The most recent embarrassing moment that really stands out in my mind and has affected my behavior was being on a small airplane and not only feeling like my chub was overflowing into the aisle because there was someone sitting next to me but actually having to ask for a belt extender because I could not get the frikkin' thing snapped. There was just no way it was going to happen. I'd just gotten off of a jumbo jet where I didn't have the problem, but smaller plane means smaller seats and seating area. I was so embarrassed. I felt like I was one step away from them telling me I needed to pay for two seats. Now I refuse to get on a plane until I've lost enough weight that I won't be the "overhanging into the next person's seat" fatty. My family gets frustrated because they try to arrange trips for everyone to get together on a weekend and I refuse to fly there. Since driving is a 3 day round trip not including visitation time, that means I don't go. My husband legitimately hates flying and airports, so I have a bit of a smokescreen, but when they suggest I could pop down for the weekend by myself, I mumble around without giving the real reason because there's no way I'm going to tell them I'm not coming for a visit because I'm too embarrassed to be The Fatty On The Plane.
  • Jem_Girl
    Jem_Girl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Honestly, most of my life has been one big long embarrassing "fat" moment.
    *sigh* I completely get this feeling.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I only remember one (the rest were probably behind my back; I didn't gain weight until university so school was fine but I lacked confidence in other ways). And it was from my mom so it hurt worse. I had lost some weight and she said something like "When you lost more you'll be pretty again." I guess she saw on my face what she'd said because she quickly amended what she'd said and I don't think she meant it to come out that way.....but this was over 10 years ago and I still remember it.