10 by Turkey Day!

Options
Hey everyone! I just realized that there are exactly 5 weeks until Thanksgiving. I want to try and lose 10 lbs by the time I sit down for a big Turkey dinner, which is exactly 2lbs/week until then.

We can weight in every Thursday morning, starting today if you already have (or tomorrow if you didn't weigh in today!).

Anyone with me!?!

CW: 186
T-Giving Goal: 176

Let's earn that Turkey dinner!

Replies

• 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Count me in...I've been at the same weight for 4 weeks now b/c of my birthday...keep celebrating it with relatives & friends I haven't seen.

SW: 183
    CW: 163
    T-Giving Goal: 153

Earn some Pumpkin Pie:heart:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I regularly weigh in on Thursdays anyway, so that works out good. I have also been at a stand still for a little while.. maybe this is the push I need, I sure hope so!

SW: 245
    CW: 207
    Thanksgiving Goal: 197
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am definitley interested in doing this count me in as well....thanks for the idea.....:smile:

CW: 196
    GW: 186

Let's do this!!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I am in...if i could loose 10lb by turkey day that would be great :) It would put me under 300 and almost to 290 and would make me the happiest little turkey ever!!!!!!!
  • dawnkv
    dawnkv Posts: 1
    Options
    What a great idea - I want to join! And I just happened to weigh in today for a little motivation.

SW: 189 (on 10/1)
    CW: 184

Turkey Day Goal: 174
  • amcmamcm
    Options
    Great idea! I am in. Good Luck to everyone!

CW: 165

Turkey Day Goal: 155
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm so in. We are doing a contest at work too and I definately need the extra motivation

SW:150
    GW: 140
  • nicole_a
    Options
    Great! Yes, I also have been at semi plateau, and I need a shorter-term goal to keep me focused! I know we can do it! 10 by Turkey Day!
  • brewwerks2
    Options
    I'm in just for the ambitious goal...since I haven't been able to lose any ....yet! But why not set the sights high??
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    So did my weigh in today 1.5lb down from last week woohoo...

So here is my 10 by turkey goals
    sw 302.3
    gw 292.3
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • nicole_a
    Options
    Hey everyone! I hope your weeks are off to a great start. We have 3 more days till our first of 5 Thursday weigh ins! Let's work hard and see a two pound loss!
  • amcmamcm
    Options
    This is day # 4 for me. I have met my daily goals, with except for going over the recommendation for carbs and proteins twice in the past 4 days. I find it hard to limit myself to 1200 to 1400 calories @ day. I am eating air popped popcorn and baby carrots mostly as a snack. Does anyone have any suggestions on filling and low everything snacks?
    I can't wait till Thursday weight in I hope for a big number!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I was planning on trying to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving anyways so this will aid in my motivation :bigsmile:

SW: 215
    CW: 210
    GW for Thanksgiving: 200

Good luck all!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    This is day # 4 for me. I have met my daily goals, with except for going over the recommendation for carbs and proteins twice in the past 4 days. I find it hard to limit myself to 1200 to 1400 calories @ day. I am eating air popped popcorn and baby carrots mostly as a snack. Does anyone have any suggestions on filling and low everything snacks?

-My favorite snack lately is a Wasa whole grain cracker with 1 tbsp light herbed cream cheese - 75 calories
    -apples! tis the season :happy:
    -special k crackers and a laughing cow cheese wedge
    -light string cheese
    -yogurt
    -vita muffins

hope this helps!
  • AprilKill
    AprilKill Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am so IN

CW: 185
    Thankgiving 175

tonight I stayed on the treadmill running and walking incline for 60 minutes, 740 calories burn, if i can do that 4 nights out of the week, i will be good!

been doing well with my calorie count and not eating my calories burned, this site is awesome with that...i have been keeping up pretty well
  • nicole_a
    Options
    I can't wait till Thursday weight in I hope for a big number!

My go-to snack is half of an apple w/a few raw almonds. Its pretty light on the calories depending upon how many almonds you eat, and the apple gives you energy while the almonds keep you satisfied!
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    OK sw 225
    by turkey day goal 225
  • amcmamcm
    Options
    nicole_a and McFatterton thanks for the snacks suggestions. Yesterday apples saved the day!

I am looking forward to the weight in tomorrow. I have not exceeded the suggested calories intake this all week! As for exercising, i wish I would like it more! However I have been walking 5 times @ week and doing my back stretching and core strengthening exercises also 5 @ per week.

Good luck with the weight in tomorrow!
  • nicole_a
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow morning if possible guys! Post your results here, even if it isn't the whole 2 pounds, we still have 4 weeks to go!