maybe a dumb ?

Options
Is there anything out there that is low cal but still filling and semi healthy to snack on? I was doing the thin pretzel sticks from Rold Gold but I'm so sick of them. Any input would be great :-)

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    fruit
    granola
    nuts
    100 calorie snack packs
    hummus
    raw veggies
    nonfat yogurt
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, yogurt, fruit........

not sure if srs.....
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    all of the above?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    plants.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    granola bars, peanut butter on banana, cottage cheese, fruit, vegetables and dip
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Vagtables
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Fruits and unsalted nuts are the best things to snack on in my humble opinion...
  • jennie1974
    Options
    I have total issues with being able to keep things cold during the day at work.. so the granola would be good and the 100 cal nut packs.. I always heard though to stay away from nuts..
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Apples and Peanut butter (might not be super low cal but it keeps me full longer)

Tomatos slices and laughing cow cheese (nom nom nom)
  • MissKTMc
    MissKTMc Posts: 49
    Options
    Rice cakes - they come plain, or with chocolate or yoghurt so you can change it up!!
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Why do you need snacks? If you are hungry, insert a mini-meal.
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ya i agree with everyone else! I love greek yogurt! I add fresh fruit and crushed cocoa almonds and for 6oz plain yogurt some strawberries and 1/2 oz nuts and a dash of honey its under 200 cals and SUPER filling and good for you.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have total issues with being able to keep things cols during the day at work.. so the granola would be good and the 100 cal nut packs.. I always heard though to stay away from nuts..

You heard wrong. Nuts are filled with healthy fats, and are good for you, though they are higher cal.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    eat good, filling meals (protein and veggies) and you won't feel the urge to snack in between. no snacking = zero calories.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I like ryvita well under 100 cals a slice and you can top them with low fat cheese, fruit, ham, chicken, tuna etc

They do a lot of different flavours including a sweet one with raisins.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have been addicted lately to fresh cucumbers dipped in some light ranch. I can't seem to get enough of them.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    low fat yogurt
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    MFP has a built in food database that you can search any food and it will tell you the calorie content of that food. It will even tell you serving size and you can adjust it to how much you ate.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I have total issues with being able to keep things cols during the day at work.. so the granola would be good and the 100 cal nut packs.. I always heard though to stay away from nuts..

You heard wrong. Nuts are filled with healthy fats, and are good for you, though they are higher cal.
    ^ this. plus they make 100 calorie nut packs..,,i eat the cinnamon almond pack as part of my breakfast. That + canned pineapple chunk and canned oranges = 310 calorie breakfast that fills me up.
  • jennie1974
    Options
    eat good, filling meals (protein and veggies) and you won't feel the urge to snack in between. no snacking = zero calories.

good point! :-)

what gets me are the hours here at work sitting. Maybe I'm just not eating a very filling breakfast. I should start by changing that.

Thanks for the input!!