The Sexy Jar

So, I decided I would buy a jar today, and every day I cycle the 24 miles commute to work (12 each way) instead of driving I would put £5 in a jar. Thats roughly what it costs me in petrol a day to drive to work and back. And I'm going to use that money when I'm slimmer (hopefully from cycling!) to buy myself things I daren't buy now. First thing, a nice slim wetsuit to fit the new bod.

Anyway heres the jar, I will put £5 in it when I get home from work :). Also there may or may not be on the side a photoshopped Ryan Reynolds with my head instead........

02085411.jpg

Replies

• rach41413
    rach41413 Posts: 82 Member
    Haha, that is awesome! I just might have to do something like that...
  • I love it!! Great idea. I work to far to cycle to work, but this is a motivational tool. :smile:
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Terrific idea! Guess we know who's bringing sexy back! lol~
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    I'm doing something similar to stop smoking. Every day that I go without any cigarettes = $5 in the piggy bank.
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    I have tons of jars I cleaned out of the craft room today...almost threw them away until I saw this post!
  • ktb1962
    ktb1962 Posts: 33 Member
    Great idea! Good luck and keep us posted on your "sexy" progress ;)
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    I Love this idea! I'll have to start my own sexy jar!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Sweet idea! It costs you nothing more than what you'd already be spending, but you get to spend it on something fun at the end. Nicely done!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Glad it's a glass jar too, so you can see the cash pile up!
  • Brooke_26
    Brooke_26 Posts: 204
    I love this!!
  • mrodriguez81
    mrodriguez81 Posts: 61 Member
    Oh I should use that for my DH. Great idea.
  • BRILLIANT! I need to get a jar and do the workout thing, a pound each time or something. Would be nice to see money go up!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    That's an amazing idea! Very motivating.
  • Nice one, I am trying to figure out how to put a new car or even a motorbike into the jar :)
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Great idea! Good for you! Hope it works and helps you to reach your goals!
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    What an awesome idea! Way to go! I think I'm going to have to try that myself ......
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    I would put 5 pounds in just because it is a great idea! Will look forward to seeing pics of the jar, stuffed with cash! :)
  • yasandr
    yasandr Posts: 9
    Thanks for sharing your fantastic idea.....However, thank you even more for your amazing photos! I went to your flicker link and I was blown away by them. They are so innovative and creative, I just love them! Also, I think Ryan Reynolds wants to look like you!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Thanks for sharing your fantastic idea.....However, thank you even more for your amazing photos! I went to your flicker link and I was blown away by them. They are so innovative and creative, I just love them! Also, I think Ryan Reynolds wants to look like you!

Ha ha thank yoU for your kind words yasandr :)
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    That's an awesome idea! You'll get to see the jar fill up, and you slim down and get your sexy onnnn!

Good luck, and enjoy the spoils at the end! :)