Going from Cut to Gain for Muscle Mass

Options
2»

Replies

• qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Brb confusing my muscles. LoL

OP: if you can only dedicate 2/week gym time I would definitely find a full body routine using mostly compound lifts. Bodypart splits are fine but if you can only go twice you'll really want to maximize frequency in my opinion.

I agree with the above. I am down to twice a week now and doing full body on both days, though not heavy with legs. The only reason i am only lifting twice a week is because I am running 4 days a week and I also teach Spin. And.... I know I can't build right now and am just hoping to not lose more than I have to. I'm training for a marathon. But..... you can bet that as soon as I recover from it, I will have myself back in that gym and be lifting 3-4 days a week HEAVY and doing cardio at a minimum but still doing it.

Are you saying that you are only lifting twice a week or only working out twice a week period? If you are only working out twice a week, no matter what you do, and you up your cals to 2800-3000, you will no question gain a LOT of fat. I'm thinking you are not doing that. Right?

Yes, I am saying that the only think I am doing is working out twice a week in the gym. I obviously need to find a 3rd or maybe 4th day of activity to maximize my gains.