Moms...

Options

Replies

• Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Between my 8 year old being home for the summer, my 3 year old's changing nap schedule, and my husband's crazy traveling for work, I've been working out after I put the boys to bed, any time after 8:30. After my workout, I usually treat myself to a glass of wine and a shower, and have no problem falling asleep :)
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Now since it's summer, 5 a.m. Once school starts, after the bus comes around 9 a.m.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    5:00am Monday-Friday. Usually take the weekend off. Saturdays I will do yard work or walk the dog.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I go every morning at 430 while every one is still asleep. It works for me... :smile:
  • KechiaG
    KechiaG Posts: 55
    Options
    5:30 in the morning! :drinker:
  • jillyb21
    Options
    I would love to know the answer to this too, I am a SINGLE mom of 5, so please dont tell me they are all excuses!
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I work full time 7-4:30, so I go to work, and then pick up my kids from the sitters, get home at 6, workout for an hour. Then it's dinner, and baths, and the bed... NO TV TIME :(((
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Do you reckon anyone has asked dads when they find time to work out?

I tend to run evenings after work in the week (no more than 1 hour) and then up early on weekends (1 5K, 1 long run). We both work full time and have 2 kids (6&4). OH now wants to run too and has signed up for a 10K - and the kids love coming to races!
    We also do our best to wear them out with walks and bike rides.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Early in the morning (think 5am), during naptime, after bedtime, going on walks/jogs with my son. I also go to the gym where I can drop my son off at their daycare while I work out.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    When I let my daughter have tv time lol usually around 7ish....I often ask if she wants to join mommy; she's 5 1/2
  • Libb3C
    Libb3C Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm just as bad as the next person about saying there just isn't time.

But think of it this way - that "cutting in to the limited time with kids you mention?" What's more limited - 30 mins an evening or not being around for their future because you neglect yourself? I know it sounds drastic but my own father died of a heart attack at 37. He worked his fingers to the bone and it killed him.
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    We women put a tremendous amount of stress on ourselves to do it all!

I would start off slow if I were you. Either get up early and do something like 30 day shred(it's not very long, so you could probably just get up 30 minutes early) OR start adding some exercise in after the baby goes to bed. Aim to do just 10 minutes a few times a week and soon you'll be talking yourself into doing more and more. Exercise can be addictive:)
  • karagetsfit
    Options
    I have a 18 month old and a 6 month old. We all load up and go to the gym in the morning. I try to time it to where we get home by 11 because naptime is at 12! Also, my husband and I do p90x after they go to sleep.
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    When my son is in school and my daughter is napping. If it doesn't happen during then I will usually wait till my husband gets home. I'll either work out in our room when he is home or we go on family walks.
  • alw141
    alw141 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:00 every morning during the week to get an hour work-out in before the hubby and little one wake up. Not easy but I've been doing it for over 2 years now and you get used to it. You'll find the right time for you!
  • spacechick365
    spacechick365 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred to get a full body workout in less than half an hour.

On days I work (10 hour days), I do it as soon as I get home while hubby starts dinner and watches the kids. On the days I'm home (I work 3 days a week), I do it as soon as I put my 5 month old down for her nap.

My 3 year old does it with me and says, "Go, mommy, go! Go faster!"

I am jealous. I work 5 days a week, and Im gone 7am to 6pm. When I get home I only have 2 hours to spend with my baby before he goes to bed. I feel so guilty working out when he is awake. Then when he goes to bed I have other things to do or Im too tired. I know, I know. Im making excuses.

This is the same for me. I work out just before I go to bed. It helps me sleep better too. I'm one of those people that thinks too much when they are trying to go to sleep so I never go to sleep right away. Now I get to do all my thinking while I'm exercising and then when I get in bed I pass right out. Also, I meet with my trainer 1 night a week. That is my mommy time. My husband watched the kids and I normally bring something home for supper like subway.
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My hubby bought me a gym membership with unlimited daycare :)...but now that im at work i go during lunch and just eat my lunch at my desk
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I would love to know the answer to this too, I am a SINGLE mom of 5, so please dont tell me they are all excuses!

You need help.

Can you find someone to help you... another mom who wants a workout? She could bring her kids to you to workout a couple of times a week and then she could return the favor?

I was a single mom for a time after my 1st husband died... I only had 2 and it was very hard. I had a good friend who helped me to get some time in... actually, a few friends. Sometimes I'd throw a note up on my Facebook asking if anyone could hang with my kids for an hour so I could go for a run... often someone was happy to do it. Just an idea... don't be too proud to ask for help. Parenting isn't meant to be done alone.
  • cheercoach80
    Options
    I always work out in the morning before my kids get up for the day, it gives me the time to get up and moving before my 3 girls decide that I can't have 2 seconds to myself! :)
  • mjboswell
    mjboswell Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    RIght now I workout whenever I want because my husband has flexible hours and I'm not working or in school. However last year he was out of the state, I was a fulltime student, and worked 32 hours a week. Oh yeah I have 5 kids and they were, at that time, 16, 10, 6, 5, and 4. So I had to drag my butt up and out the door by 5am. It takes a lot of willpower but it is completely doable.

@jillyb21 How old is your oldest? If your oldest is old enough have him/her watch the kids while you workout. If not invest in some equipment and do it when they are asleep.