Vacation next week in Jamaica!!!! Nude beaches?!?!

Options
So the boyfriend and I are leaving for Jamaica next Saturday! We will be visiting negril which is on 7 mile beach. From what we've read quite a bit of this beach is nude beach. I'm kinda nervous about it but the adventurer in me can't wait to indulge and just go with the flow. I've lost 10 lbs (back in yhr healthy weight range for my height) got a while to get to my goal but I'm feeling confident and I bought a super cute bikini that makes the girls look awesome.

1. Have you been to a nude beach? What's your experience like?
2. Any hot spots we should hit in Negril?

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Ive really wanted to go to a nude beach but I dont have a car.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Not fully nude beach, but when I was in the Dominican Republic a couple of times, we saw plenty of people topless, in banana hammocks, that sort of thing. And it isn't just the young and the beautiful, it's everyone!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Most people just walk around on their feet.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    So the boyfriend and I are leaving for Jamaica next Saturday! We will be visiting negril which is on 7 mile beach. From what we've read quite a bit of this beach is nude beach. I'm kinda nervous about it but the adventurer in me can't wait to indulge and just go with the flow. I've lost 10 lbs (back in yhr healthy weight range for my height) got a while to get to my goal but I'm feeling confident and I bought a super cute bikini that makes the girls look awesome.

1. Have you been to a nude beach? What's your experience like?
    2. Any hot spots we should hit in Negril?

i don't know if that bikini is going to do you any good on the nude beach.

i'm not sure I could do a nude beach, personally. i don't have that confidence.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    OMG I can't WAIT for our Jamaica vacation! I will be nude 90% of the time. We have a clothing optional beach here where we live and dh and I have just discovered how much we love it. I started out topless then went nude. It is the most liberating thing ever! We body surfed together (I got dh nude woot!) and just had the best time. Can't wait to go again next weekend!

You will LOVE it!
  • sizzle92
    Options
    I will ask my husband about the hot spots. He has been 3 times.
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    OMG I can't WAIT for our Jamaica vacation! I will be nude 90% of the time. We have a clothing optional beach here where we live and dh and I have just discovered how much we love it. I started out topless then went nude. It is the most liberating thing ever! We body surfed together (I got dh nude woot!) and just had the best time. Can't wait to go again next weekend!

You will LOVE it!

Where in Jamaica are you going?
  • RudyND
    RudyND Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It 's great. You will love it. After 10 mins or so......its a norm! You wont feel out of place. I agree with sizzle92
    Have fun!
  • sizzle92
    Options
    I think Negril. We are still saving up! But I think he always goes to Negril.
  • RudyND
    RudyND Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Most people just walk around on their feet.

Good one...
  • Mia627
    Mia627 Posts: 34
    Options
    We went to Negril last year and stayed at the RIU Negril. There were a few girls that were nude but for the most part 99% of everyone else was in swimsuits. It was mainly people vacationing from Europe that were nude and that's just their culture. It didn't bother me one bit and of course my husband was amused!
  • sizzle92
    Options
    I do know there are certain beaches geared more towards newlyweds/couples that are more tame and then some for people who want to party a bit more and be more naughty. :drinker: I'll get back to ya! ;)
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    Is there any type of nude beach Etiquette we should know about?
  • natwen
    natwen Posts: 81
    Options
    I went to the nude beach once, but I wasn't nude. There were some hot people and some nasty people. You really shouldn't stare at any of them though, pretty sure that's a faux pas.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    Nope. Just don't stare (obviously) lol Everyone really just minds their own business. In Jamaica the thing that will be different than our beach at home, is you may be more prone to talk to other people around you since you are all vacationing ya know? But honestly, I have a lot of nude experience (don't ask lol) and it really is like everyone is dressed. I can't explain it.
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. The boyfriend will definitly be amused when he hears I posted this.
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    We went to Negril for our honeymoon 11 years ago and I went topless and weighed like 100 LBS at the time. However, you will find that 99% that do go without clothes on the nude beaches should really being wearing them. We stayed at Sandals resort which is right next to Hedonism. We decided to venture onto their property for a peek. Well, all I can say is we got within 50 feet turned around and ran the other direction. We saw plenty of people with things sagging to their knees. Skin, fat, boobs, body parts.....it was scary and will forever be etched in my mind. I wish you luck and alot better scenery than we had at the nude beach.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    They also make some really cute tiny see through bikinis you can get (wickedweasle.com) if you want to take baby steps. :)
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    Is there any type of nude beach Etiquette we should know about?

Don't laugh when you see grandma and grandpa naked!

Don't try to push the beached whale back into the water because it is really a large naked woman or man sunbathing.

If you are nude please don't walk behind the couple getting married on the beach because they really don't want your boobs in their wedding photos.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    We went to Negril for our honeymoon 11 years ago and I went topless and weighed like 100 LBS at the time. However, you will find that 99% that do go without clothes on the nude beaches should really being wearing them. We stayed at Sandals resort which is right next to Hedonism. We decided to venture onto their property for a peek. Well, all I can say is we got within 50 feet turned around and ran the other direction. We saw plenty of people with things sagging to their knees. Skin, fat, boobs, body parts.....it was scary and will forever be etched in my mind. I wish you luck and alot better scenery than we had at the nude beach.

See, that's what I love about our beach here. Many of the bodies are less than "desireable". It showed me that a body is just that....a body. We all have them. Nude beaches aren't there to sexualize things. Watching people who are overweight or just don't have "attractive" bodies run around so free and confident is awesome.

My husband says Grand Lido on the clothing optional side is nice. Free atmosphere and not a lot of suffy honeymooners. (my husband's words from his experiences there!) lol

A big majority of nude beach goers will many times be older. Young people don't always have the confidence/comfort in their own skin to run around naked.

OP....have fun......I want a full report! :)