How Did You Find This Web Site?

2»

Replies

• Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    I had joined a similar site before this one and ended up getting discouraged. The site had some members that liked to attack each other, and attack random members if they said different from their own view and call each other names. These were grown women mind you. I thought to myself, this is a place where all of us are trying to change for the better and help each other why all the drama. One of the ladies I had gotten to know on that site was also fed up and she told me about this site. I am so glad she let me know about this place. I love it here. It is just what I need when I feel discouraged.

I agree with you fully. It is difficult enough at times to stay on track with eating right and exercising regularly. Who needs the excess baggage of people attacking each other? This site provided me with the motivation to succeed when even Weight Watchers failed. Don't get me wrong, I still go to Weight Watchers for the live group support, but I don't count points, I count calories and this food diet makes it so easy and convenient to do that. :flowerforyou:
  • I found MFP, because several other users on another forum site I'm on had weight loss trackers at the bottom of their signatures, so I decided to check it out. I"ve lost around 10 lbs, but I've lost my interest in really losing weight. I just want to be a bit smaller and I don't know how to get that motivation back. I keep reading posts, but it's not helping.

Edit: I just don't feel the need to lose the weight, I'm happy as am. I mean I'm happy with my body, I've been overweight for 2 years since I got pregnant with my daughter, I've kind of accepted and decided to be happy with what I have and just be thankful I'm healthy in other ways. I'm having a tough time getting into my head that I want to be smaller and to be smaller I have to stick with the calories. I've been going over lately.

Perhaps a better mindset for you would be to get fit & healthy so that you're around to share in the milestones of your child's life rather than simply to lose weight. There is no better gift for a child than to live a long healthy life. Both of my parents have health problems due partially or completely to being overweight. Every day I have w/them is a precious gift & I hope to have many more years w/them :)
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Google! Found Fitday and this site at the same time. Tried them them both and stuck with this one.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    A girl at my new gym recommended it to me. I have been passing it on to others.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    I found it by googling calories counters. I have recommended many people join, even if they don't like the chat part the food tracking is a great way to start off!
This discussion has been closed.