• RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Japanese-American Rice

1/2 cup leftover cooked rice or other dinner grain
    1 raw egg
    1 oz cheese
    2 tablespoons salsa verde

Take to work in a container, nuke 1 minute. Stir and eat.
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Great ideas! bump
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Steak
  • cottonwoodlindy
    Options
    Try not to limit yourself to "breakfast" items for your first meal of the day. I bake a veggie burger with cheese or 1/2 cup of beans with seasoning and maybe some veggie cheese. V-8 juice with cottage cheese or a 1/2 grilled cheese. Actually I put the sandwich in the oven and melt the cheese and toast the mini bagel all at once. Hummus and vegetable wrapped in leaf lettuce also work well for a qick breakfast. Wishing you blue skies...................
  • KatyBugs1724
    Options
    i eat alot of eggs but if you're in a hurry and can't make them you could try eating quest protein bars, they are filling and have very little sugar and alot of protein. I would suggest the strawberry cheesecake one for a first try.
    I love the idea of the quest bars because they have such great stats, but be warned, they can cause some serious tummy troubles!!! I normally don't have a problem with sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners or whatever, but man did these things get to me!! I can't even think about these bars without getting a headache and feeling nauseous :sick: bleeeeggghhh
  • Lessa77
    Lessa77 Posts: 7
    Options
    Bump for good ideas to get more protein
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Whole grain waffle with peanut butter and bananas

Cottage cheese with Fruit or Tomatoes

How about last night's left over hamburger pattie

Who says it has to be "breakfast food"? Protein is protein.
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love greel yogurt and 100 calorie pack almonds... lots of protein.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    make an egg frittata, cut in individual servings, freeze. thaw the night before, nuke and go. A warm breakfast keeps you feeling fuller, longer. plain instant oats with a little something added is also healthy. When my kids were in elementary school, I'd nuke the water and it took 3 minutes to make it.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Anything besides eggs or some meat product in the morning for protein? I'm not a vegetarian, but sometimes I get tired of eggs, bacon, sausage and the like. I realize the importance of protein in the morning.

I posted a recipe today for Greek yogurt protein panckakes, single serving. They are terrific, and carry 40 grams of protein.