When is a good time to "treat yourself"???

Options
13»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Don't Reward Yourself With Food...You Are Not A Dog.

Humans also respond to positive reinforcement, more so when it's your OWN behavior that your are reinforcing. :wink:

Self-control and self-motivation are very important!
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    First off get rid of the word "diet" it's a life style change. If you are dieting you are most likely not going to stick with it very long, but if you are committing to making a lifestyle change then you will. Now as far as "treats" there truly is no right answer to this. Do I have the occasional treat- Yes. But I also crave those less as I have been making healthier eating options and when I do splurge my body does not like it as much. I would just make sure you are staying in your ratios (fat/carb/protein) etc and maybe tell yourself you can have a small scoop occasionally (not daily or every other day but occasionally). I would also see if eating more fruits that are sweeter even help take the edge off of the sweet craving and an healthier option.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Physiologically the best time for a sugary snack would be after a strength training workout.
  • Sheckypie
    Options
    In my opinion they aren't so much treats. I make room for everything in my diet. If I have the extra calories, then I'll eat something sweet. Simple as that. Moderation is the key. :)

i concur! :tongue:
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I try to stay a little under my calories goals during the week since it's easier. I also keep my cardio very light during the week. On weekends I up the cardio and eat pretty good but add in some cravings. One of the things I love most are the days I go over calories don't work out but lose a pound or two. I'm pretty consist during the week on breakfast and lunch totally a personal observation but follow a partern with diet and excersise then supping them both for a day or two seems to give me better results then doing the same things all week. Dance around your diet keep it under and above same with exersice.